logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Author Message
Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:10 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:03 pm
Posts: 1861
Location: Springfield
Wedge772 wrote:
I don't understand people who are *not* excited to get Han in Carbonite. Regardless of stats, it's pretty high up on my wants for this set. However, I anticipate it being a very interesting piece to play.


For a while I felt like I was the only one happy to see this on the poster.

_________________
Slinky + Escalator = Endless Fun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:15 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:15 pm
Posts: 690
Wedge772 wrote:
sixfootoneder wrote:
why are you excited about Han in Carbonite? I don't understand.


I don't understand people who are *not* excited to get Han in Carbonite. Regardless of stats, it's pretty high up on my wants for this set. However, I anticipate it being a very interesting piece to play.

Yeah, would have preferred Juno in Imperial uniform, but they probably decided against that as she is a Rebel figure, and it may be just plain confusing for alot of people (Han in Stormtrooper Armour is fine though, because everyone knows who Han is and why he was running around in Stormtrooper armour).

That Rebel Marksman looks sweet. Here's hoping it's the piece that makes a Rebel super-stealth squad actually competitive.

Vader's Apprentice, Redeemed is the Frenzied Berserker from DDM :)

Admiral Ozzel: "Pull my finger"

Muun Tactics Broker looks like a bald Goth chick.

PROXY is going to be the figure you'll curse at when pulling from a booster. Especially when it comes with a Junk Golem.



Han in Carbonite has got to be the most pathetic figure ever. But if someone wants it then yes i suppose it should be included.

I do wont proxy but its not a character i wont more than one so if i get as many as i did Lando DS i would be a little pissed. But it is my choice to keep buy boxes so i guess i would be to blame.

As you seem to like Han in Carbonite what kind of stats do you hope he as? who knows maybe you will come up with something interesting for him and he wont seem so bad in my eyes. I just cannot see how he will bring anything to the minis game, usefull in rpg but minis.

_________________
Forgive the hero, thous who would have died


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:21 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:43 am
Posts: 1163
Location: Fremont, CA
Quote:
Han in Carbonite has got to be the most pathetic figure ever. But if someone wants it then yes i suppose it should be included.


Your ire is JarJaresque!

People have had some interesting speculation for neat gameplay mechanics for CarboHan. It's clear he's going to be something completely different just like Obi Force Ghost. I like that the game will be taking chances with some less pedestrian characters than another Mobile Cunning Attacker and oddball choices like a ghost, or frozen character or mouse droid can be the inspiration for something truly different in the game.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:24 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:03 pm
Posts: 1861
Location: Springfield
There was a thread on the wizards board back a couple sets ago where there were some pretty interesting ideas for him and some other less battle worthy characters. Only other one i can remember offhand was Watto.

_________________
Slinky + Escalator = Endless Fun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:26 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:15 pm
Posts: 690
NickName wrote:
Quote:
Han in Carbonite has got to be the most pathetic figure ever. But if someone wants it then yes i suppose it should be included.


Your ire is JarJaresque!

People have had some interesting speculation for neat gameplay mechanics for CarboHan. It's clear he's going to be something completely different just like Obi Force Ghost. I like that the game will be taking chances with some less pedestrian characters than another Mobile Cunning Attacker and oddball choices like a ghost, or frozen character or mouse droid can be the inspiration for something truly different in the game.


Got any ideas to what he will have, or do you already know but cannot say. I know your the rule person on WOTC but am not sure when you know what what in new sets. Same as the rest of us or before.
If you do know i understand why you cannot answer but if you do not know any ideas at all.

_________________
Forgive the hero, thous who would have died


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:52 am 
General
General

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:22 pm
Posts: 453
dreadtech wrote:
As you seem to like Han in Carbonite what kind of stats do you hope he as? who knows maybe you will come up with something interesting for him and he wont seem so bad in my eyes. I just cannot see how he will bring anything to the minis game, usefull in rpg but minis.


As I've posted before, I'm expecting to see a figure that starts outside the regular starting area (possible from this set, same as the Golan), which cannot be targeted/earn victory points (same as ghost Obi). When certain criteria are met, the Rebel player can then "free" Han (the ability "Immediate * Reserves" can easily be Immediate Han Solo Reserves, representing a freed Han). The Rebel player then gets to grab a Han Solo from outside the game (probably with some sort of restrictions, maybe a Han Solo with a cost under 30 or something).

The benefit for this would be twofold: grabbing just the right Han for the situation (so Han Rogue may actually see play as a viable Thrawn counter), plus probably a discount on your Han (ie if Frozen Han costs 15, you've saved yourself 10pts if you grab Stormtrooper Han).

Of course, it'd be just strange if you rescue Han from carbonite and out pops his Tauntaun as well...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:04 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:15 pm
Posts: 690
Wedge772 wrote:
dreadtech wrote:
As you seem to like Han in Carbonite what kind of stats do you hope he as? who knows maybe you will come up with something interesting for him and he wont seem so bad in my eyes. I just cannot see how he will bring anything to the minis game, usefull in rpg but minis.


"As I've posted before, I'm expecting to see a figure that starts outside the regular starting area (possible from this set, same as the Golan), which cannot be targeted/earn victory points (same as ghost Obi). When certain criteria are met, the Rebel player can then "free" Han (the ability "Immediate * Reserves" can easily be Immediate Han Solo Reserves, representing a freed Han). The Rebel player then gets to grab a Han Solo from outside the game (probably with some sort of restrictions, maybe a Han Solo with a cost under 30 or something).

The benefit for this would be twofold: grabbing just the right Han for the situation (so Han Rogue may actually see play as a viable Thrawn counter), plus probably a discount on your Han (ie if Frozen Han costs 15, you've saved yourself 10pts if you grab Stormtrooper Han).

Of course, it'd be just strange if you rescue Han from carbonite and out pops his Tauntaun as well...[/quo"

Well not overly convinced by that but as you say it is definitely outside of the box. In your theory how do you Rescue Han.
It could well be something like it.
With any luck this figure will be a preview on one of the sites. But its going to have to be very good for me to have interest in this version of Han. Still there have been figures in the past that i overlooked as pointless but turned out to be outstanding. Hay you never know.

_________________
Forgive the hero, thous who would have died


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:29 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:04 pm
Posts: 676
I just thought of something...

Maybe the Secret Apprentice goes to battle Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Obi-Wan uses Qui-Gon's lightsaber. Somehow, Obi-Wan redeems the Secret Apprentice, and then gives the Secret Apprentice Qui-Gon's lightsaber.

Just trying to explain the green lightsabers...

and Maris Brood's are red?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:35 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Posts: 9
Location: Texas
Put me in the group really looking forward to Carbo Han. I expect it to bring some new element to the game, or at least some new and different form of synergy. Hopefully it will introduce some interesting new variety.

One of the things I crave the most in this game is variety. That's why I kind of enjoy multiple Lukes or Hans. They allow variety while still letting you use iconic characters.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:37 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:10 pm
Posts: 6172
Location: Gurnee, IL
Mabel wrote:
Put me in the group really looking forward to Carbo Han. I expect it to bring some new element to the game, or at least some new and different form of synergy. Hopefully it will introduce some interesting new variety.

One of the things I crave the most in this game is variety. That's why I kind of enjoy multiple Lukes or Hans. They allow variety while still letting you use iconic characters.


Agree on both points. Well said!

_________________
Image

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:37 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:15 pm
Posts: 690
madslaust wrote:
I just thought of something...

Maybe the Secret Apprentice goes to battle Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Obi-Wan uses Qui-Gon's lightsaber. Somehow, Obi-Wan redeems the Secret Apprentice, and then gives the Secret Apprentice Qui-Gon's lightsaber.

Just trying to explain the green lightsabers...

and Maris Brood's are red?


Strong in the force is this one :)
That's what i thought as well. But it's more likely just an error.

_________________
Forgive the hero, thous who would have died


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:49 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:59 am
Posts: 69
Location: Sweden
madslaust wrote:
and Maris Brood's are red?


Yeah, that's strange. But Shaak Ti is supposed to save her from the dark side (Maris is out for revenge) so perhaps she's a little like Anakin (impulsive and so on). There's also the possibility that she just uses red ones, just like Grievous is using green and blue ones.

I don't think the green lightsaber of Obi is a mistake. Shouldn't WotC or Lucas know by now (this is the 5th Obi with lightsaber)?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:04 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:45 pm
Posts: 3886
It would be sweet if Obi-wan is using Quiggy's saber.

_________________
Bloomilk Ambassador


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:06 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:15 pm
Posts: 690
Mabel wrote:
Put me in the group really looking forward to Carbo Han. I expect it to bring some new element to the game, or at least some new and different form of synergy. Hopefully it will introduce some interesting new variety.

One of the things I crave the most in this game is variety. That's why I kind of enjoy multiple Lukes or Hans. They allow variety while still letting you use iconic characters.



It not that i object to multiple versions of characters it that i object to multiple versions in the same set.

_________________
Forgive the hero, thous who would have died


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:33 am 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:08 pm
Posts: 8394
dreadtech wrote:
It not that i object to multiple versions of characters it that i object to multiple versions in the same set.


This is exactly how I feel, too.

_________________
Click here to check out all the people who have realized the truth. Someday you will, too.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:53 am 
General
General

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:22 pm
Posts: 453
dreadtech wrote:
In your theory how do you Rescue Han.


I'm thinking an adjacent character with a Force Point can replace a turn? It'd be even cooler if there was some additional bonus for rescuing him with Leia.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:19 am 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:46 pm
Posts: 7960
Location: West Chester, OH (near Cincinnati)
I am definitely interested in the Han in Carbonite. I'm hoping he'll have some cool stats so that it's fun to play him. Either way, it's a really neat, iconic piece. I'm all up for some odd variety in the game. Like somebody else said, it helps the game not be all Mobile Cunning Accurate Hans all the time.

_________________
-Aaron
Mand'alor
"You either die a hero, or you live to see yourself become the villain."
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:37 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:22 pm
Posts: 4982
so how would people like this

Han in Carbonite
cost 50
no stats

Imediate Han reserves - at the start of the skirmish after squads are revealed you may replace han in carbonite with another Han.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:50 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:07 pm
Posts: 811
It seems like there would have to be more than that, though. Otherwise the piece will never actually be fielded. It wll be on the board for less than a single activation.

_________________
The Wookiee Master

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:24 am 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:02 pm
Posts: 2948
Location: SW Missouri
Okay, here's my theory on

Han Solo in Carbonite

Cost (20ish)
HP *
Att *
Def *

Captive: You give HSIC to your opponent to set up in their starting area, adjacent to one character. He remains part of your squad, but cannot be targeted, and cannot receive damage. If at the end of a round, you have a character adjacent to HSIC, and your opponent does not, you may place HSIC out of the game. At this point, you may place another character named Han Solo into play, whose cost is ** or less. Upon defeated, this characters cost is only that of HSIC.

Any ideas?

_________________
That's right, it's always the one in the middle you would least expect to be the most dangerous!
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights style by Scott Stubblefield