logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:59 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Celticindian wrote:
We know that Blizzard One will be a unique At-St in the Hoth battle pack, but a hoth Chewy? Again I ask, really? And also why?

Actually this is one mini I've been wanting for a while, I can see no reason why there shouldn't be a Hoth Chewy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:08 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I will wait and see, and to all of you who want a Hoth Chewie, I hope you get him, even though I don't get it. :)

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:12 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Heh, on the 'repeat' characters like Chewie or the Luke's, half of the time if I pull one in my case, then great for me. Otherwise it's kind of a "I'll get it when I get it" scenario. At my venue, I can always just print off the stats and proxy in a different Luke (or whoever) if I want to test out the piece, and nobody will complain. Luckily, we chip in and buy boosters every week for prizes, so there's a decent chance to get the extra pieces I'm missing just by playing from week to week. It works out really nice.

I only bought two cases of A&E and had the set completed by GenCon, not even 3 full months later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:17 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

I am one of the few who doesn't want to see Darth Revan made. Aside from him being a customizable character, I'm honestly afraid they'll ruin him.
No offense to the person/people who designed the Darth Revan in the Lost Twenty, but I was sorely disappointed with the piece. If WotC makes an official piece like that, they will aount loads more disappointment on my part (if humanly possible)

No Darth Revan!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:06 pm 
General
General

So what happens if Bel Iblis has Master Tactician? You could play him, Talon, and Han Rogue for ultimate Initiative control and make Mara that much better...

I'm guessing Han in Carbonite has no stats like Obi Jedi Spirit and just gives some kind of boost to people around him (although what that could be, I can't imagine). It would have to be pretty good to keep people from playing one of the other Hans (pretty much the best pieces the Rebels/NR have available).

It makes sense for Wedge, Red 2 to be a follower--otherwise he'd be Wedge, Rogue Leader. Also makes sense for him to have the Pilot special ability. So then it follows that the new pilot suit Luke would be a commander of Pilots. Maybe he'll boost Biggs more than the old Wedge could. But unless the new Wedge is a commander for some reason, it looks like Luke HoY is out of luck for more piloty commander effect goodness. Although, maybe the new Leia is like Princess Leia, Yavin Commander or something and affects Pilots.

Hoth Chewie should have Draw Fire, since that's about all he did in the one Hoth scene he was in. I'm sure he'll have Momentum and Cleave, too, since every Chewie has them. It'd be nice to finally have Rapport or Synergy with Han, or even "Han's Bodyguard" or something.

Luke's Snowspeeder could potentially be as good or better than the Landspeeder. Probably Twin Attack, Speed 16, and a Force rating. Maybe Damage Reduction, too. Plus, it could benefit from the various Obi-Wans, unlike the Landspeeder. I'm guessing less HP though, and no defensive Force powers.

It'd be nice if Obi-Wan Kenobi Unleashed was actually a beatstick that could survive for more than a round or two. Although, making him really sneaky and stealthy like Obi-Wan was when he snuck around the Death Star and deactivated the Tractor Beam could be cool too.

I love speculating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:09 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

So, still no scan of the set poster or other confirmation?

I would love to see it, but I have to agree that it seems like someone is pulling our collective legs.

I hope I am wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:38 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Granted, I'm not too excited about the OT heavy nature of the pieces announced so far either, but we all need to remember that the next two sets are likely to be EU heavy (Legacy and KOTOR themed).

Well, FU has 15 EU characters from Force Unleashed just as a base regardless of how much you buy into the current rumors. You're looking at a set with roughly 1/4 to 1/3 EU figures minimum. I wouldn't call FU a set lacking in EU even if it turns out to be true a lot of the rest is OT.

Quote:
I am one of the few who doesn't want to see Darth Revan made. Aside from him being a customizable character, I'm honestly afraid they'll ruin him.
No offense to the person/people who designed the Darth Revan in the Lost Twenty, but I was sorely disappointed with the piece. If WotC makes an official piece like that, they will aount loads more disappointment on my part (if humanly possible)

No Darth Revan!!!!!

Completely agree. I voted against Revan in TLT for this reason but I was outvoted. Assuming the rumor is true, Revan will disappoint a lot of Revan fans even if he's good. There's no way I can see this character can be done to please a majority of the KOTOR contingent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:54 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I read somewhere that Revan is the Sith "Pre-Amnesia" version, and I'm sure they will make him a total beast like (most of) the other Sith Uniques.

Garm - I'm hopin' for Master Tactician and maybe affinity "Luke" (although that will most likely go to Mara, JM) - I play NR :)

Luke Unleashed - I like the idea of him as a Pilot's commander (although I dont' think he will be), but what about this:

Start with Luke's Snowspeeder - when it's defeated, you can replace the snowspeeder with Luke Unleashed. That would be aweful....ly great, IMHO!!!

That, and I really hope the non-Unique Tauntaun rider is an Uncommon, not a Rare - I might buy more packs then (only planning on a few right now).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:12 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

NickName wrote:
Well, FU has 15 EU characters from Force Unleashed just as a base regardless of how much you buy into the current rumors. You're looking at a set with roughly 1/4 to 1/3 EU figures minimum. I wouldn't call FU a set lacking in EU even if it turns out to be true a lot of the rest is OT.

Yeah, I guess when I say OT heavy, I really meant Rebel faction heavy. Like I said though, it will depend on how Rahm Kota and Juno Eclipse factor into the video game (which we won't know till months later, lol) but I really thought they would be Republic and Imperial, respectively. I'm sure I'll be happy about their figures either way, as long as Rob didn't 'Kyle Katarn' them, which I doubt he did since he's expressed his disapproval of how Kyle turned out. Just, like I said, doesn't seem to fit the typical play-style of the Rebel faction up until now.

With the "Unleashed" character titles, anybody think one of these might break the 90 or 100 pt barriers? Since it's a Huge set, it's obviously designed to be played at the 200 point level. It wouldn't surprise me to see a healthy dose of high point cost characters.

Revan....eh....I want him, mostly because I think he's an awesome looking character. I love the way his pre-amnesia armor looks. I just hope that he'll be useful in the Sith Faction some how. Right now, Bane and Kun are the only Sith you see on a regular basis. So, I hope Revan might work well with Malak or Nihilus. Perhaps some form of battle meditation for the Sith. Oooh, or a 'Star Forge' ability that allows to bring back troops or SADs or something. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:17 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

I'm just waiting for the official previews to finally start. Whither whatever is in the preview confirms something posted here or not it will nice to have some more new stats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:33 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

This would be the TFU version of a Stormtrooper:

http://wizarduniverse.com/_images_/0059 ... rooper.jpg

The Heavy Stormtrooper, as well, is similar. I bet these are in the set, but renamed something new and unique.

-b

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:01 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Since the video game occurs during the early Empire, the characters are going to be OT heavy although drawn from the EU. Different armor on the stormies and Courscant guard for example. I am hoping the At-St is the camouflaged version like they've done in other toy lines. Won't necessarily do more damage to wookiees, but have the Kashyyyk deco. Carbonite Han would be very cool if you could "melt" him with an activation or something and replace him with any other medium-sized Han version. That would definitely make it playable although not to the end of the game. I doubt it, but wishful thinking. We've gotten Hoth Chewie in the action figure line (snow covered) so no reason he won't be in this set. With K-3PO and the snowspeeder they will back up to the Hoth Battle set nicely for campaign / themed games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:14 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Just how cool would K-3PO be? I can think of a bunch of Unique Rares that I'd rather have. And 2-1B then? Another Unique droid? :roll:

I love spoilers but this time I'd like to see a few scans before I can believe this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:35 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I agree with a lot of what LoboStele has said. Rebel/imperial heavy is a little to soon after A&E. Also if the minis continue for a few more years a lot of the Hoth characters should have been kept for that anniversary( Empire Strikes Back) set, Like A&E was for A new hope.
Still there are a lot of new characters to keep me interested in this set. I know 15 character are from TFU game but all that means to me is 15 NEW CHAEACTERS which is good.

As for a 100 point cost character, well if this set does not have it non will.

I too am not interested in Darth Raven but at least it new to the game so am not bothered by him. But yes out of every character in this set he will get the most disappointed comments.

Personally i do not think Gram will have Master Tactician but i think " Immediate * Reserves " mite apply to him

2-1B i would be shocked if this was a R. As the Medical Droid was

Last edited by dreadtech on Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:35 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Lex wrote:
Just how cool would K-3PO be? I can think of a bunch of Unique Rares that I'd rather have. And 2-1B then? Another Unique droid? :roll:

I love spoilers but this time I'd like to see a few scans before I can believe this.

The 2-1B line was a series of medical droids, so it shouldn't be unique. Although K-3PO was a unique one from the 3PO line, I'm hoping it represents all protocol droids and is not unique. They did it before with the Republic Commandos. I think if the rumors are true about these figures being made, they will not be unique. Hope so anyway.

The droids would be very cool from a collector's point of view, but don't know what impact a protocol droid would have on the game mechanics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:49 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Squid89 wrote:
The 2-1B line was a series of medical droids, so it shouldn't be unique. Although K-3PO was a unique one from the 3PO line, I'm hoping it represents all protocol droids and is not unique. They did it before with the Republic Commandos. I think if the rumors are true about these figures being made, they will not be unique. Hope so anyway.

It could depend. "2-1B Surgical Droid" would be the series while "2-1B" could be the droid (Unique) serving on Hoth. I guess the droid should be Fringe if it's the series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:18 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

We're a day and a half into this with no scan. Smells like Glass Jabba to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:22 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

Celticindian wrote:
We're a day and a half into this with no scan. Smells like Glass Jabba to me.

Sithborg has confirmation from another source as well. Its not glass jabba. 2 seperate sources with the same lists??? Odds??? Not good. It might not be complete, but I am willing to bet a few rares that its darn close.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:29 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Well i think it's right, names mite change such as Kota being General Kota or somthing like that.

But i agree pics/scans would help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:33 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I don't doubt Sithborg at all, that he has received confirmation from two sources, his reputation is spotless. And billiv vouching for him would seal it otherwise, but it is hard to reconcile the poster being out there, so many people being aware of it and screaming to see it, and nothing has been posted yet.

Just a little hard to accept is all, no insults intended.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next