logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:58 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Fool wrote:
Rottgutt if you're buying cases make sure to check out the various sponsors in the Banking Clan forum.

Make sure to tell them you're from here.
And the difference that would make is?...

I'm new here. What IS the benefit outright?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:01 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

LoboStele wrote:
It might quite possibly by 5UC and 1 R with a possibility for 4UC, 1R, and 1R or VR. BH was clustered so you always got 2Rs, and then you either got 4 UCs or 3 UCs and 1 VR. But since there are only 2 Rs and 2 VRs in this set, I really doubt we'll see a distribution like BH. I think Sithdragon's suggestion is a possibility, but I think my suggestion is more likely.
What was your suggestion? I can't seem to find it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:12 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Menoth's Fire wrote:
keep up the good work. and ask if there is a preorder discount on cases from them.

They do on D&D Minis, but there's a large number of players who order a large number of cases (upwards of 20, I believe). It's not an internet level of discount (if I recall correctly, it works out to being about 2 free boosters if you buy a case), but I don't mind supporting the store I play at. I'm not sure they would discount much for anything else, but I can certainly ask.

Menoth's Fire wrote:
And start up some SWM events!!!!

Funny you should say that... Thursday nights we play Horrorclix tournaments and as there's usually only two of us playing (and they're 50 minute rounds), we've taken to playing something else after the tournament. Last evening, we decided (at my urging) that next time we'd play a SW Minis game afterwards. So even if it just remains friendly games amongst 2 or 3 of us, there will be some SW Minis going on at the store.

In an effort to keep this thread from going too far off track, 5UC and 1R (as LoboStele suggested could be the case) doesn't sound too terrible to me. I like the Uncommon huges in this set a lot and I never try to finish up sets (I just play the pieces I pull), but that could be bad news for collectors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:22 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

If one of the huge is a R?VR then you also get another R/VR in the same box as one of the other 6.
I got the Rancor and Vader in a box. Rancor VR, Vader JH R. maybe i just got lucky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:29 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

madslaust wrote:
What was your suggestion? I can't seem to find it.

Here are what I think will be the distributions:

Obviously, Medium/Large sized figures: 3 C, 2 UC, 1 R or VR per booster, with a total of 4 R and 2 VR per case.

Huges though have two options:

Option 1 (50% of cases): 5 UC, 1R
Option 2 (other 50% of cases): 4 UC, 1 R, 1 R or VR (50% chance)

So, I'm thinking that the overall chance of pulling a VR in a case will be somewhere between 25% and 50%. It just depends on whether in the Option 2 scenario if the extra R/VR is always a VR, or if it's a 50% split between R and VR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:40 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

That's pretty much been my guess as well. With half the cases being 5UC/1R and half being 4UC/1r/1vr perfect distribution would mean in 4 cases you'd get one of each vr, 2 of each r and *coughs* of each uc.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17