logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:35 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Ladyhothie and I are using Vader in an upcoming Hoth scenario. Since no one uses him, it should be even more fun. Details on the scenario to follow within the next few days on the custom scenario threads.

E522 is, aside from the Homing droid, the only droid with accurate shot, even though it is against one target. Throw in a BDO, and E522 attacks at +16 for 20 damage, twice. And with 100 hp, they can last longer, especially with repair pieces.

Twilek Rebel Agent is mostly used for combining fire, and I don't normally use a Rebel Leader with him. CE's regarding Stealth (Xizor, BBSV) can come in handy...still, a bit of a high cost for low hp and low damage potential.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:06 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

I remember using Vader, DJ alot when I first started playing. Some games his CE acutally came in handy, a few stormies would roll a 1 for an attack or save and suddenly my Heavy Stormtroopers were attacking at 12 for 30. Honestly, in a huge swarm battle at 300+ points his CE can be just brutal for the oppostion.

As for the twilek rebel agent I still think he is useful. You can throw one of these guys in and not have to worry about bringing in the rebel leader if you aren't gonna get much use out of having a rebel leader in your squad. Maybe for 2 points less the Duros Explorer is a bit better even with only spotter 10 because of his evade, but then again that's all up to chance as he has no stealth. Either way I like the option that the twielk rebel brings incase you have a squad heavy on unique shooters and less space for another commander and combine fire fodder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:33 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I like the assassin droids, they are one of my favorite pieces. The programmed target is a great ability.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:05 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I haven't busted out DJ Vader in a while. He was kind of a scary figure to use with anyone other than non-unique Stormies or figures with a Force rating that could re-roll those 1's. Fun in bigger matches. I've never played a 300 point match, but he would be nuts in that format.

I've still got so many figures left to try out, so DJ Vader usually takes a back seat until his next turn. I'll break him out against newer players, just for fun. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:10 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

The E522 is cool! I like programmed target.