logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Old Republic-Cedric's SWM Question of the Day!!! :P
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:26 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Ok so I didnt play too much (none) around CotF, when Old Republic was introduced. However I have a bunch of mini's from that set, and this past weekend I started digging out some C/UC OR force users that I can have access to as army builders once Knights is released.

So my question is this: Which of the OR force users from CotF is the best to use?

Here is what I was looking at:

Jedi Sentinel wrote:
17 pts
Hit Points: 70
Defense: 18
Attack: +8
Damage: 10

Lightsaber
Repair 10
Satchel Charge
Stealth

Force 2

This is the one I want to use the most honestly. Satchel Charge and Stealth make her jump out at me. Team her with the BBSV and Nomi for some evade rerolls.

Team her with the Czerka Scientist for twin. The new OR Captain can also bump up her stats a bit. With a base attack of 8 she would not be able to hit anything.

I like playing 150 the best, so it may be hard to make these worth the CE's work, and still have enough of them in the squad.

Jedi Consular wrote:
16 pts
Hit Points: 60
Attack: +9
Damage: 20

Melee Attack

Force 3
Force Alter
Force Stun

This guy is a point cheaper than my girl the sentinel, but he loses the fun SA's such as SC and Stealth. I think that with his attack of 9 he will have a hard time hitting any of todays Jedi, as most of them come equiped with Lightsaber Duelist.

ORC would boost his stats a bit, so I think that at 150 you would have an easier chance of running a swarm of these.

Jedi Guardian wrote:
23 pts
Hit Points: 80
Attack: +12
Damage: 20

Melee Attack
Double Attack

Force 2
Lightsaber Sweep

She is by far the beefiest of the OR force users from CotF. With 80 HP and a +12 base attack she seems the best of the three.

However if she wanted to take advantage of the ORC's CE then would have to run 4 of them plus the captain, which is over 100 points there, so it really would barely leave you room for Bastila or Nomi (at 150), even then once one of the guardian's die then you lose the bounus!!!

Ok so I hope I made all my thoughts clear. Now I want you to tell me what you think about these three pieces.

Also is 150 the way to go? Should I start eyeing OR at 200?

Now of course with my luck in like an hour and a half wizo's will post a new OR character which blows these ones away, then my morning thought was all for naught!!!! :P

But still let me know what everyone thinks. Especially if you have play tested any of these in the past.

Thanks

Cedric

[spoiler="Nomi's Severed Force List"]After Two Game's Played:
Luke Hoth Pilot Unleashed
Master Kota[/spoiler]

Post subject: Re: Old Republic-Cedric's SWM Question of the Day!!! :P
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:28 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

The Consular is my favorite. Cheap Alter and Stun can really annoy the opponent.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:32 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I can see them being annoying abilites, but with three FP's isnt he almost a "one trick pony?"

I guess another thing is right now I am looking at these competetivly. And I suppose that untill we see more of the knights set, these guys dont have a chance of making it near a top tier.

[spoiler="Nomi's Severed Force List"]After Two Game's Played:
Luke Hoth Pilot Unleashed
Master Kota[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:06 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

I prefer the Guardian myself - decent attack for double and enough HP to survive against all but the big hitters for a round or two. I like to use two of them to double team a beatstick, then to bring in the Consular a couple squares back to Stun and Alter as need be. He doesn't hit much, but the Force Powers are useful teamed with others. Then, when he is out of Force points, he becomes a shield and maybe do some damage on his way out - at least can take out a scrub or two.

In the past, I would run them without the Uniques available, so the higher cost wasn't as much of a big deal. I could afford 2-3 Guardians, a Consular or two and still have room for the OR Soldiers and Commander for some fire support.

Of course, all this might change once the final characters from the faction are revealed.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:23 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I usually include a single Sentinel and a couple of Jedi Guardians in my OR squads. I often include the Weequay Leader to give those Guardians Mighty Swing.

I think the new commander's CE will best be used on cheaper units like Troopers. If you really want to use it with a Jedi then I'd go with Sentinels plus Czerka Scientist as you suggested.

Edited just to correct my rotten spelling. :?

Last edited by Ugavine on Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:12 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

i think 200 would be better if your going the Guardian + Captain route. But remember, the Captain has to still be within 6 squares of them, and with all the accurate shot and sniper pieces running around, his 40 HP isnt gonna last long.

"Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration."
-Thomas Edison