logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Using Bane at 100 Points
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:55 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Ok so I am a little leary of posting my squad idea's on here now that I have recruited one of the players from my LGS to these boards!!! But still....... (no bothan spying on me!!!)

We have a 100 point event comming up this Monday at my LGS. No one (with the exception of me) plays Vong. I was thinking of playing Bane. I know of the combo of Bane and Lando DS, but I am worried about facing Boba Fett BH.

I have played other games where my 200 point Bane is hit with a first shot 20 from Fett and I auto lose the game.

Now with Flight and no Force rating BF is able to crank out 40 a turn on Bane and still run away. I have the option to assult and rage the following turn for 80 damage.

So my question is directed to those who have played Bane and BF BH. How does this match-up work out? Does Bane own Fett? The map I was thinking of playing would be throne room. I can stay out of LOS long enough to rush Fett.

Let me know how this match-up works out. Should I pack a bodyguard (for the crit from fett) or not? I dont think I should because Bane would outrun her.

[spoiler="Nomi's Severed Force List"]After Two Game's Played:
Luke Hoth Pilot Unleashed
Master Kota[/spoiler]

Post subject: Re: Using Bane at 100 Points
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:39 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

The best Bane squad is arguably still Bane + Ugo x6. It gives you a large number of activations for a 100 piont army (about the only thing competitive with more activations is Vong or Ithorian Commander/AA swarms). You don't need more than 1 or 2 Satchel Charges in a 100 point game, but this gives you plenty of extras just in case. Then, you can also use those Ugs to block enemy movement and such. Obviously, Fett BH won't struggle with that, but other's like JWMs and non-accurate shooters will.

The trick with Fett BH is....pretend like he doesn't have Disintegration. I honestly can't tell you how many times I've lost a key piece with full HP to a 20 from Fett, and at least 3 times that I can think of off the top of my head, it was on the very first shot that Fett took in the whole game, lol. But more often than not, when you play, if you are scared of the "Big D" then your opponent already has an advantage over you.

If your LGS is VERY competitive, then I would suggest the 6 Ugo route, and then try to stay out of Boba's LOS as much as possible until you can pounce on him. If things are relaxed enough where you could get away with less activations, then I might go with a Human Bodyguard and 2 Ugos instead. The HBG can absorb one 20-30 dmg hit from something, and then just tag along waiting for the 20 from then on.

In my experience, Bane + Lando DS is a decent idea, but 2 activations will really kill you at 100 points. Boba BH and Aurra CS are a nasty, powerful combination, but they get slaughtered almost hands down every time by other competitive squads, not to mention that you'd have no door control. The popular Boba BH/JWM/R2 squads would have you beat right off the bat due to the lack of an Override-counter.

Hope that helps.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:49 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

LoboStele wrote:

In my experience, Bane + Lando DS is a decent idea, but 2 activations will really kill you at 100 points. Boba BH and Aurra CS are a nasty, powerful combination, but they get slaughtered almost hands down every time by other competitive squads, not to mention that you'd have no door control. The popular Boba BH/JWM/R2 squads would have you beat right off the bat due to the lack of an Override-counter.

Yeah I was actually thinking I may see those two squads. One person I was thinking would run BF and Aurra. I wasnt too worried about AS, as soon as Bane catches her she dies. I was also thinking I might see a republic squad with R2 and JWM's, but no Fett.

I think Uggo's may work....I can outactivate my opponent then rush in for a blow.

Master Kota[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:53 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

If you face the Aurra/Boba combo, absolutely go after Fett first. He puts down 40 per round, with the possibility of Disintegration, whereas Aurra only does 30. The other fun thing you can do is base Aurra with Ugnaughts, so she either has to waste her attack killing those, or move, and lose her Careful Shot bonus. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:02 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

yeah like you said, boba needs to die. I will take 30 from Aurra, for a chance to run up the next turn and crank out 100.

She is good and all, but I am more worried about the disentigration.

Master Kota[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:00 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

I think that Bane is still plenty viable in 100, Naturally hit weak spot is Vong. but nothing you can do about that.
If you're super worried about Disintegration, trying bringing a twilek or human BG to the party. Cuts on activation, but gives you peace of mind. Best of luck to you!

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:31 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Ruhk wrote:
I think that Bane is still plenty viable in 100, Naturally hit weak spot is Vong. but nothing you can do about that.
If you're super worried about Disintegration, trying bringing a twilek or human BG to the party. Cuts on activation, but gives you peace of mind. Best of luck to you!

Yeah I am not expecting anyone to play vong. I will tell you all what though. last night I play tested against BF BH, R2, JWM and those guys are nasty!!! I know they are a top tier squad, but I had never actually used them before.

But still I think bane will do well for me!!!

Master Kota[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:50 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

simone89 wrote:
Ok so I am a little leary of posting my squad idea's on here now that I have recruited one of the players from my LGS to these boards!!! But still....... (no bothan spying on me!!!)

We have a 100 point event comming up this Monday at my LGS. No one (with the exception of me) plays Vong. I was thinking of playing Bane. I know of the combo of Bane and Lando DS, but I am worried about facing Boba Fett BH.

I have played other games where my 200 point Bane is hit with a first shot 20 from Fett and I auto lose the game.

Now with Flight and no Force rating BF is able to crank out 40 a turn on Bane and still run away. I have the option to assult and rage the following turn for 80 damage.

So my question is directed to those who have played Bane and BF BH. How does this match-up work out? Does Bane own Fett? The map I was thinking of playing would be throne room. I can stay out of LOS long enough to rush Fett.

Let me know how this match-up works out. Should I pack a bodyguard (for the crit from fett) or not? I dont think I should because Bane would outrun her.

*Spies*

But seriously, I can't be there.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:42 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

you are the only one I was worried about!!!! That JWM/R2 combo is mean!!!!

.....and you where talking smack about beating me too!!!!

Master Kota[/spoiler]