logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Curse that TIE Crawler!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:59 am 
General
General

I now have a new reason to dislike the TIE Crawler: it's an utter pain to put in your suitcase, without wasting a ton of space. It's ended up hogging most of the space in a Quality Streets tin.

Same goes for the Knobby White. AT-STs are in the same boat (especially after bubble-wrap), but we love those so I'm not complaining.

Not all Huges are a pain though: Snowspeeders manage to slip into tight spots, and the Troop Cart fits inside a shoe. Keep that in mind in future if I ever play against you with the Troop Cart.

God I hate moving overseas...

Post subject: Re: Curse that TIE Crawler!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:15 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Hopefully you don't leave until after the KOTOT release. Anyway, I hope the move is good to you.

http://community.wizards.com/marketplac ... #388739657

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:39 pm 
General
General

I'm leaving tomorrow, hence the packing... and I'll have to do the same thing all over again within a month or two...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:48 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

If I were to move transporting my minis would be the least of my problems. RPG books & games alone would fill my Land Rover!

Where are you moving from/to? Somewhere fun? By the tone of your post it doesn't sound as if you're too thrilled about moving.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:33 am 
General
General

Moving from London to Malaysia. Will be here for maybe a month, then moving to Manila, Philippines. Terrible place. Don't think there is any SWM scene there at all.

I expect I'll be flying from Manila to Kuala Lumpur every other week just to get out, and to play SWM. There's a great playing group in Malaysia.

I know people like to complain about London, you can't be cool if you say you like the Tube, etc... but I did enjoy it there :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:23 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

It's an utter pain for just plain storage too. Particularly because of the amount of space it takes up. I only have two of them, thankfully.

I was nine when I was last in Manila. It was the first time I ever had pandesal with peanut butter. My late Grandpa brought me some the last time I was there before my long trip back home to Canada. I got him to tell me more of his war (WWII) stories. To this day, peanut butter is still my favourite thing to put in pandesal...

Are you moving your whole collection? I seem to remember you wanting to only bring certain figures for the trip over? Or is some of your collection already in Malaysia and it's just a matter of bringing the rest from London?

I enjoyed London the two times that I've visited. I particularly love that I can get everywhere with the Tube. I wish Toronto's subway system was even half as good. No complaints about London from me. At least I didn't feel like I was going to get robbed like how I did when I was walking around in Liverpool - no offense to any of you Scousers out there... :P

When it comes to England though, I'm always most comfortable in Manchester. I know a gaming shop there but I don't know if they do SWM. Warhammer for sure, if I recall correctly.

How are those Yuzzems in transport? I'd imagine they'd take up more room than they're worth too...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:48 am 
General
General

Nope, not taking any minis to Manila. They're all staying in Malaysia this time... I'll be flying back and forth often enough that I'll be playing tournaments at the LGS in Malaysia anyway :)

It is good to have my entire collection all together on one continent again. Sheesh, these things multiply... I didn't take THAT many minis with me to London! :shock: