logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: June Promo not a mini. WTF?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:58 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

DarkLordVerjal wrote:
I never said I had 4-5 of the map. I only have 1 and my friend has 1. My point is that if they are going to reprint the map, make some changes to it. Such as adding some new scenery to it, or at least keep the grid on the back. Yes-yes, it's wonderful to help new players-ect-ect... It would be a good idea, if they changed it up weekly. One week Death Star, Next week Munn Plaza, Next week something else. But the same map over and over will get tiresome.

That's not a realistic hope at all. The money is not there to support such a concept. I won't discuss it further.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:06 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I think verjal meant month to month, since we don't get weekly kits.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:26 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

[spoiler="Bill-DLV-READ!"]Okay, Bill, DLV, chill guys, there's no reason to bait each other *look at DLV* or to call anyone's view simplistic or idiotic *look at bill*. Let's play nice guys, specially you too as I expect more from you two.[/spoiler]

ANYWAY, I'm actually glad to see a map as a promo (I'd be happier but we've yet to see promo's at our LGS, even though were a premiere store, here in canada if you don't have huge numbers you get squat)

But Promo reprint maps I'm behind almost as much as i'd be behind a cheep Pack that reprints ALL the legal maps. I went to alot of trouble to aquire every legal map, having come into the game later then most (around ROTS/CoF). For I know the new players at our store, they all borrow my maps because they get tired on playing on only 2 maps (hardboard or the new starter map).

Honestly I would LOVE to have more copies of Deathstar, it's a solid map, and would mean likely i'd break it out more as i use it sparingly to try and keep it in decent shape.

Sure getting 3 or 4 of them would be tiring, But at least i'd have spare's then for people to borrow or if one wear's out or get's ruined due to something like kid with spilt soda.

Yeah, it would be nice to get more repainted mini's, but as said, this is in pair with a scenario being handed out, so long as they don't go 2/3 months doing a map, but maybe spread it out like even every other month.. I'm fine with it. I'd be much happier not having to lend out maps (as they borrow a map, then alter thier squads at the last minute to adjust for the map)

[spoiler="crap"]
Quote:
MediocreMind
Support bacteria - it's the only culture some people have!

Code:
DCI Ranking
Star Wars Miniatures Constructed (as of 2008-09-15)
1826 rating   64 matches   21 events   
    37  All   33  North America   7  Canada   1  CA-Ontario   
[/spoiler]