logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Looking for some help...Epic Miniatures.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:39 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

My brother recently ordered a Darth Krayt from Epic Miniatures and was having it sent to my address since he will be coming up to visit soon. By mistake he typed in a wrong number on my address and I can't get a hold of them to have it corrected. Is there anyone on here who can help me...I've tried calling but can't get an answer on the other end...and it most likely will get sent out today or tomorrow.

Thanks,

Eric

I was hoping that since they're listed on this site that someone might know how to get in contact with them.

Mugen: You son of a...

Post subject: Re: Looking for some help...Epic Miniatures.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:46 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Even if you could reach them, it probably won't do you any good.

I had something similar happen to me once with a different site. I accidentally put in my PO Box zip code instead of my home zip code.

When I realized my mistake I contacted the store, but they said UPS charges a fee to change labels, and that the best thing to do was simply wait until it went out and someone would probably figure it out on their own.

If that sounds ridiculous to you, keep reading.

Well, the confirmation e-mail I got from the website had the correct city listed, just the wrong zip code behind it, and guess what? UPS only cares about the zip code, which means that the city listed in the e-mail never appeared on the label. It was changed automatically to match the zip code.

Thank God that the city where the package went didn't have a street or house number the same as mine.
I went to the local UPS office the day the package was set to arrive and waited for them to open. I went in with my confirmation e-mail and explained what happened. They were very friendly with me, and gave me the package that rode around on the truck all day before coming back. They were actually getting ready to send it back to the store. Whew!

So that's my advice: figure out what UPS/FedEx office it will be at closest to you and get over there to retrieve it before it goes to the wrong address.

Of course, there's a chance Epic Miniatures will handle it better than the other company did, but the way the guy I dealt with from that store talked, it was out of his hands once the label was created for UPS shipping.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:21 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Your story is crazy...I've had a something like that happen to me as well...it took two weeks for them to catch the mistake and get it to me. I tried calling my post office and the one it was sent from with no luck at all.

Everything on my address is correct except a street number which is listed as 7059 and supposed to be 7058...everything else is fine...including the zip. I actually did a search for 7059 with the rest of my address and nothing comes up...so hopefully it will work out. I have emailed them...but no response yet...and the phone number I keep calling just says unavailable at this time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:06 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

It turns out they did receive my email and were able to update the address! :pilot:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:57 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Now that's service!! :shock: They did great on Map Packs too, but I haven't bought singles from them yet.

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:04 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Grand Moff Boris wrote:

So that's my advice: figure out what UPS/FedEx office it will be at closest to you and get over there to retrieve it before it goes to the wrong address.

This is good information. I bought something from best buy online one time and it auto populated an old address, which I saw on the conformation email. Best Buy customer service refused to change the mailing address (they even told me it hadnt shipped yet, but they suck anyway).

I went to UPS and told them to hold the package for me, and they did I just picked it up from the UPS location.

I also worked for UPS for 2.5 years in HR, so I knew that trick would work before I even did it. :P

[spoiler="Nomi's Severed Force List"]After Two Game's Played:
Luke Hoth Pilot Unleashed
Master Kota[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:46 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

punxnbutter wrote:
Now that's service!! :shock: They did great on Map Packs too, but I haven't bought singles from them yet.

Yea...this is the first time I've bought anything from them. Darth Krayt was a good deal and the rest of their prices on singles seem fair...I'll most likely use them for future purchases if this first one goes well.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:38 pm 
General
General

I had to do that before. I sat at the loading dock of the UPS distributer and had to explain precisely what happened. They even wanted confirmation on what was in the package and I had to open it on the spot. Was worth it though, $1k worth of computer motherboards, processors, risers, etc. All that was wrong was the home address, somehow the numbers were inverted from XYZ Anystreet to ZYX.