logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:14 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I think lightsaber deflect and lightsaber block should be made into a special ability, that way it wouldn't cost force points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:17 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

im thinking the same thing that xanthan said

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:34 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

If they have Evade, they should not have Deflect. If they have Parry, they should not have Block. That's my stance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:35 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

dnemiller wrote:
Well I think that would be a borderline broken component of the game.... I like the way things work now with deflect and block... But I just think some of the jedi should have the ability to dodge some of these shots.... not all but some.... Say Mace, Yoda these guys should be able to do something a little more.... Some nots.... how about Bariss Offee or a minor Jedi like that... and leave the JWM off the list too they already are pretty well rounded leave it to like the Jedi Masters....

I never said all jedi should have deflect or block, I'm just saying that if non-force users can evade without a cost, then jedi and sith shouldn't have to pay force points to use deflect or block.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:23 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

dnemiller wrote:
Well I think that would be a borderline broken component of the game.... I like the way things work now with deflect and block... But I just think some of the jedi should have the ability to dodge some of these shots.... not all but some.... Say Mace, Yoda these guys should be able to do something a little more.... Some nots.... how about Bariss Offee or a minor Jedi like that... and leave the JWM off the list too they already are pretty well rounded leave it to like the Jedi Masters....

That is represented in their High Defenses and HP. Look at Lando. 50HP means he relies on luck to not die after a few shots. (As he does in the SW Universe. So does Han and such)

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:26 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Xanthan wrote:
dnemiller wrote:

I never said all jedi should have deflect or block, I'm just saying that if non-force users can evade without a cost, then jedi and sith shouldn't have to pay force points to use deflect or block.

if they did that they would only give it too people with very low force and no renewal like maul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:25 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I admit From a Logical Standpoint I have to agree with Dnemiller here. Is it easier for say Luke to deflect a shot with his Lightsaber (Mind you he can sense it coming with the force) or is it easier for Han to dodge a Bolt of light moving at the speed of light. Me I think it would be easier for a Jedi since they have the force. But than again he are talking logically about a fictional universe and Also talking Logically about SWM 2 things I have not seen go together to often.

Post subject: Re: Should some Jedi have Evade?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:58 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Fool wrote:
Let's face it - the Jedi are totally overmatched in this game and they need some sort of "edge".

With Force Unleashed pending, I think they will get their "mojo" back.

I agree they have lost thier Edge but I do not see it coming back with FU. They get Force Push cool but it seems very situational. And IMO won't be as game breaking as I have heard it cracked up to be. Not too mention it is only on Figs in this set and up. So to me the Shooters Still have the advanatage and Probally will for some time. Especially with the map selection available.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:01 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

This is something of a sore subject with my regular opponent. He hates that some minis get Evade while those Jedi that have Deflect or Block have to spend a Force Point.

My view is that all Jedi should have access to Block/Deflect at a cost of 2 Force Points. For those with it printed on their card it remains 1 FP. But I belive that the number of Force Points a Jedi has should be the number on the card per 100 points. eg. Obi-Wan Kenobi has Force 5, so in a 200 pt game he would have 10 FP. in a 150 pts game 7 FP (round down).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:04 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I think there should be "varying levels" of Evade/Parry/Deflect/Block, instead of an "across the board" 50/50 chance. Seriously, does anyone really believe that Yoda is no better or no worse at LS Deflect than, say, Agen Kolar??

As for FU's impact on the game, I wouldn't count on this being the same old game for Force users, unless they make the non-Force users better in this set too. That's all I have to say about it right now...

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:46 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

To be fair it wasn't just Wizards randomly decided to make Han a force user with no thought about it. Decipher had him as a force adept in thier CCG for likely the same reason. It keeps the rules simpler to to make someone like Han (or Greivous) a force user rather than come up with seperate new abilites that will basicly function the same as just giving them a fp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:28 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

They should rework the defenses on Jedi (over time) If they were to just change the rules then someone like Bane or Exar would be out of control good. Bane's lack of defense is his "bane" moooahaha :roll: Besides the fact that 2 force points for generic evade would be 2/3 of a lot of force user's points and thus not a good option.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:34 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I don't think that they should get evade or parry. I prefer that they rely on the Force because they should. I would rather that there were just future CE's that maybe increase save abilities, or more SA's like mettle.

The game's always shifting one way or another, maybe we'll see a shift towards the Jedi getting their 'mojo' back as previously mentioned in FU.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:44 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

I'd lay odds on Vader's Secret Apprentice being complained about as the next 'broken' piece. Personally I don't think any piece is broken, but you know what I mean.

I'm torn about Jedi vs non-Jedi though. On one hand they should be more powerful, on the other SWM needs game balance. Personally game balance wins the argument. But for every player that thinks Darth Revan should be uber-powerful there's another than thinks he shouldn't. Wizards have a tough job keeping everyone happy while trying to acurately emulate the Star Wars Universe. For this I hold some respect for WOTC Rob who is doing a great job in keeping the balance right, for the main four factions anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:38 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

I'm one hoping for CEs to boost the existing Jedi. Keep them faction specific to only benefit Jedi or Sith. Help only unique Force users with lightsaber to eliminate help for guys like Han. No need to errata any old cards then or introduce the same characters with new abilities. There are any number of abilities that could then be used to help the Jedi get across the board to engage in melee attacks. Many of the other melee fighters have stealth already, maybe something like that for Jedi.

It's like what the Ithorian Commander has done for melee/damage 10 characters - not tier 1, but playable again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:15 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

" I think lightsaber deflect and lightsaber block should be made into a special ability, that way it wouldn't cost force points."

I also think this. but if it did happen this way i think the Jedi in question should have a lower defence. So give it to new versions of old characters that have a high defence now, that way players have a choice of which version they like best. A high defence OR Block/Deflect as an SA, but not both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:29 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Deflect and block shouldn't be a special ability. Because 2 minatures have evade doesn't mean the entire game dynamics should also change.

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:37 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

More than 2 characters have evade. Also i bet some out of TFU will have it as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I think it might be more balanced if they had different saves. Either 16 for evade/parry and 11 for deflect/block, or 11 for evade/parry and 6 for deflect/block.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:34 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

It would be nice if all Jedi/Sith had Evade and Parry. All of them can perform these actions in the movie, books, etc. plus it would make them more powerful.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein