logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Very Rares in Clone Strike Question
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:21 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Does anyone know the chances to get a very rare in the Clone Strike set? I'm curious because I bought 11 boosters of Clone Strike on eBay and didn't get a single very rare from them. I'm starting to think that maybe they were somehow tampered with since they're very easy to open without damaging the packaging; is this unheard of? Or maybe I'm just really unlucky. :(

Post subject: Re: Very Rares in Clone Strike Question
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:51 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Hard to say. I recall the early boosters being much easier to open than the new release. It seems unlikely that not even one single v/r would appear.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:11 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I'm actually not that mad about it because I didn't have any Clone Strike figures at all and got a lot of rares I wanted. But it would give me some peace of mind, I guess, to know I wasn't ripped off by this guy/store on eBay... like if very rares were 1 in 5 for Clone Strike instead of 1 in 3 (for current sets).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:35 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Not saying this seller does this, but I know others have had bad experiences. Some sellers open their cases until they have their 4 VRs and set aside the rest of the boosters which all contain Rs. Then proceed through the rest of the cases that way and sell all the Rare-only boosters. There were 4 VRs in each case of 12 boosters in Clone Strike just like any other non-huge set. Or you could have had really bad luck.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:50 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Hmm... I never thought about that before. I guess it wouldn't be that bad if a seller stopped opening boosters after they got their 4 very rares (since technically, they'd probably have to open most of the boosters to get all 4 VR's). At least it's a lot better than opening boosters and re-sealing them after seeing no very rare in it.

I guess I'll have to just buy boosters by the case if I get them online though, or from my local comic store if I buy boosters separately. Thanks for the info! I didn't think about that possibility! :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:10 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Yes, sad to say a good many honest customers and new players have been at the foul end of such shenanigans.

I would definately recommend buying by the case (if you're buying online) or buying in small quantities at your LGS.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:44 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Well, now I'm in a bit of a dilemma because I still have to leave feedback for this person on eBay. I'm tempted to leave neutral or negative feedback and explain what I'm accusing them of so others are wary of buying boosters from them. But, I don't really have proof that they did it, it could have just been amazingly bad luck. I'm also not sure if it's something worthy of negative feedback on eBay... Hm, tough choices...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:30 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I wouldn't leave them negative feedback, as technically, you got exactly what you ordered. Like you said, it could just be incredibly bad luck.

And as far as feedback works, a neutral is pretty much no different than a negative in how Ebay calculates things. If you are concerned about it, I would email the seller first saying you are suspicious of what happened, but are trying to discuss it with them before leaving unfavorable feedback. ALWAYS talk to the seller before leaving negative feedback. That's the one thing that ticks me off more than anything over the years of doing stuff on Ebay is when one party or the other automatically leaves negative feedback without even talking to the other person first to try to work it out.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:15 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Another reason to not leave negative feedback, at least in this situation(being as you really dont have any proof) would be the retaliatory feedback they undoubtabley will leave you in return. You hurt their rating, they will do the same to you.

I was bidding on a set of auctions from one seller earlier this year, and only won one of them. It was fine, but what I didnt notice in it was that it didnt(unlike the rest of his auctions) say 'stat card included'. Now, I could have left him bad feedback for not saying that it didnt 'no card included', but that would just turn into a 'he says, she says' case, and we would both have walked away with a hit to our record. I left him positive feedback, since I did get what I paid for, shipping was quick, and it was in the condition described.

Anyone need an Octuparra Droid w/o card? :P

"If at first you don't succeed, before you try again, stop to figure out what you did wrong." -Leo Rosten

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:20 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I've heard about the bad practices some disreputable sellers use on eBay when it comes to selling boosters.

But, and I've only ever bought a couple of boosters off eBay, the last Rebel Strom booster I had off eBay had Boba Fett in it - my only missing VR from that set too! I was a happy geek :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:07 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

i wouldnt leave them bad feedback because i got 13 or so booster packs of revenge of the sith and i got one very rare which was grevious jedi hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:48 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

rebel guy wrote:
i wouldnt leave them bad feedback because i got 13 or so booster packs of revenge of the sith and i got one very rare which was grevious jedi hunter

That one was opened and put back despite it being a VR LOL :maul:

Seriously email the seller if you're upset about it, but this is pretty much exactly what I'd expect if I bought a lot of 11 'loose' boosters. Unless it says sealed case assume it's been picked through.

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:07 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

aaronksw wrote:
Does anyone know the chances to get a very rare in the Clone Strike set? I'm curious because I bought 11 boosters of Clone Strike on eBay and didn't get a single very rare from them. I'm starting to think that maybe they were somehow tampered with since they're very easy to open without damaging the packaging; is this unheard of? Or maybe I'm just really unlucky. :(

That sounds like a few too many boosters to not enounter 1 single VR. As an example, I've bought 16 CS boosters in the past 3 months and out of those I've acquired 6 VR's; including 2 Aurra Sings. I do for some reason tend to do better with single boosters for VR's than with cases, so I guess I'm lucky. I can say that my boosters were anything but easy to open; box tops ended up being quite a mangled mess despite my efforts to open them gently.