logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Set Experiences
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:36 am 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

Now I think it is certain to say that I've had very different experiences between set collecting-wise. For those of you who don't know, my FU experience was horrible;

I order 5 cases from an online eBayer that had over 600 positive ratings, with something like 99.99% positive response.
Release day came and went, no cases. Went to a release event, sponsored a friend who played, came home with 7 boosters @ a cost of $100(two entry fees, I came first and he got third).
Days, weeks pass, no cases, I email the seller and get a reply about how he'd look into it.
A few emails later, I find out that there was a new guy working, and my cases never got shipped.
I get reassured that they will be shipped shortly. Or my money will be refunded.
I ask to get my money refunded and that is the last I ever heard of them.
I've sent email since, but no reply, and that is when negative feedback starts to pour onto their eBay account.
Its too late to Paypal dispute it, and it wasn't an official eBay transaction, so no help there.
I'm out $450, and the Seller was named RogueTraderToys.

I recall a thread on the Wizo Boards that talked about this, but I think it got delete. Clearly some other players were also ripped off.

Now this go around, I figured nuts to all this case buying, booster opening stuff. I'll just get a complete set. I found one being sold on ebay for a reasonable price by a seller named destro0614. As a afterthought I inquire about also purchasing an additional set of commons and uncommons. No problem there. I paid for it and waited for release day.
Sent off a few emails while waiting and always got prompt responses and courteous answers.
A few days before the release I asked them if I could change the shipping address. Again, no problems.
I get an email telling me that got shipped on the Friday it was released. And it arrives promptly on Monday!! That was awesome, considering I live in Canada and the seller was from Severn, Maryland.
Only there was one little problem, no additional set of c/uc.. Hmmm.
One email later and.. not only do they apologize profusely, but they even offered to throw in an addtional rare to make up for my troubles! No shifting of blame or anything.
Now thats what I call great customer service.

Furthermore I believe that destro0614 is the eBay account that ties in with CCG Armory. So, those dudes there have shown me that they know how to value their customers, and they've got my support. Can't wait to order from them when the next set comes out!

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

Post subject: Re: Set Experiences
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:55 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Sorry to hear you got burned for over $400 the first time. That's horrible......I got burned to an extent once, but I got my dispute in just under the cut off and I ended getting everything I needed after much hassle.

My purchasing guidelines since that point have been to send 1 email after 1 1/2 weeks without product and wait 48 hours for response. Then I dispute charges if I don't receive a tracking number in the response from the seller. Had to do that once and I got my product real quick after that. Left the seller positive feedback and tried my best to explain why the dispute came about so quickly.

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

Post subject: Re: Set Experiences
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:56 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Its good to know you finally had some good experience - that sucks about the FU. At least you are using that experience to educate others, I know I'll certainly be more careful with all future ebay purchases because of your experience.