logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Tournament Map Rules print-out
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:35 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I typed up a "layman's" version of the SWMGamers tournament map list, and I decided to make it available to everyone. This list is written in Word, and uses the more common terms for each map, along with a set key. So instead of printing out a copy of the floor rules for GenCon, you can just pull this up with word and print out an easy-to-read map list that you can carry with your maps for quick reference.

I'm only giving this out because I went to the trouble to make it for myself, and figured it may as well be available to anyone else who could use it. This was done primarily to make something easy to print out without separating it from the floor rules. No toes are intened to be stepped on.

EDIT: Three errors have been corrected on the updated sheet:

-StarForge is Map Pack 3, not Map Pack 2
-Corrected the key to say MT1 & MT2 for the Mass Transit releases.
-Cargo Docks and Swamp Caves are Standard (X X), not open (X).

I added a note for the year (2011) to differentiate between the edited and original list.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by LeftiesWillRule on Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Tournament Map Rules print-out
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:59 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Thanks Lefties, that's pretty darn handy. :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:55 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Nicely done, though you have MP1 and MP2 listed twice on the legend. Once each for the Mapmaker Mass Transit packs, and once each for JC's Map Packs.

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:07 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Disturbed1 wrote:
Nicely done, though you have MP1 and MP2 listed twice on the legend. Once each for the Mapmaker Mass Transit packs, and once each for JC's Map Packs.

Thanks, I fixed that and one other minor error, so redownload or fix it with a magic marker. :DSBoom:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:08 pm 
General
General

Thanks for making this, Lefties!

A question, though: When did Cargo Docks and Swamp Caves get bumped down to the Open list? Last I checked they were at least on the Standard list.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:37 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Mapmaker wrote:
Thanks for making this, Lefties!

A question, though: When did Cargo Docks and Swamp Caves get bumped down to the Open list? Last I checked they were at least on the Standard list.

Ah, my mistake. (Time to fix and re-upload again :S ) You know, even as I was typing that, I was thinking those two were well-designed enough to be on Standard. Thanks for pointing that out.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:17 pm 
General
General

Thanks, Lefties! :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:00 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

This is great - thanks!

Also - couple of questions:

What was reformatted on the Throne Room?

And shouldn't the WotC Mos Eisly (xx) have an asterisk for being reformatted (Just like cloud city)?

In addition - to be more specific on some of the releases, I think more info than RS and CS and RotS should be included. I think it can be broken down into RS starter, CS starter, CS ultimate missions, RotS starter, RotS Ultimate missions. RS ultimate missions is not needed since neither is legal, only the League Kit releases (reformatted versions) are legal.

Also - aren't the only legal versions of Theed Palace and Smuggler's Base actually the newest release found here: http://www.adventurers-atlas.com/2011/0 ... this-week/

They were originally MP1 and JCLK1 respectively, but I believe they have been modified and only the latest release is legal.

So if I am correct in that - we should get the MP1 and JCLK1 taken off and replaced

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:41 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

TimmerB123 wrote:
Also - aren't the only legal versions of Theed Palace and Smuggler's Base actually the newest release found here: http://www.adventurers-atlas.com/2011/0 ... this-week/

They were originally MP1 and JCLK1 respectively, but I believe they have been modified and only the latest release is legal.

So if I am correct in that - we should get the MP1 and JCLK1 taken off and replaced

Actually, JCLK1 is the new one.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:06 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

TimmerB123 wrote:
This is great - thanks!

Also - couple of questions:

What was reformatted on the Throne Room?

And shouldn't the WotC Mos Eisly (xx) have an asterisk for being reformatted (Just like cloud city)?

In addition - to be more specific on some of the releases, I think more info than RS and CS and RotS should be included. I think it can be broken down into RS starter, CS starter, CS ultimate missions, RotS starter, RotS Ultimate missions. RS ultimate missions is not needed since neither is legal, only the League Kit releases (reformatted versions) are legal.

Dean said he would change the list at some point, but addressed that the originals were legal (So if you're one of the few with the originals, they you can still use them.)

The floor rules refer to the "reformatted" throne room map, and I can only assume that means the one from the starter set released around the time of AE.

I think breaking the maps down into their sets is enough to clear up any confusion. Rremember, this is supposed to be relatively simple. If you want the detail, you can always write it on your own sheet. After all, this sheet isn't technically legal, and judges should still refer to the floor rules. However, players carrying these around can make it easier to detect banned maps being played.