logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: It's been a long road... (SPOILERS INSIDE - BE YE WARNED)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:52 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Honestly though, I don't think I ever used Scoundrel in my NR builds anyways. Souncrels main potency is when combined with Obi-FG and Princess Leia, neither of which you can use in a New Republic squad. Now, if the new Leia JK has a similar CE, but for NR pieces, THEN I could see using Scoundrel over Han GH, as you would get a free twin, rather than just one extra attack.

IMO, Han GH's usefulness is going to be hard to determine at this point still since we don't know the stats for 3 Uniques in the NR still. Those three alone could change things a good deal.

Definitely agree with Boris though, Han ST might still be VERY nasty combined with Kyle and Mara.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:59 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

I kinda agree with emr131 here.

I like a NR Han, but I wish he was a bit more trick-limited compared to tricks on other existing Han Solos so you really had to choose between them to get certain things. (NTMTO being the best example.) Also, I'm not generally a fan of Greater Mobile on ranged pieces (or the combo of Twin and Mobile)--I like when you have to choose between mobile or being exposed for the higher damage. But that ship has kinda sailed...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:09 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

NickName wrote:
I like when you have to choose between mobile or being exposed for the higher damage. But that ship has kinda sailed...

The ship hasn't just sailed, it's floating out over the Atlantic Ocean somewhere. :P

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:32 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

Boris wrote:
NickName wrote:
I like when you have to choose between mobile or being exposed for the higher damage. But that ship has kinda sailed...

The ship hasn't just sailed, it's floating out over the Atlantic Ocean somewhere. :P

It floated out to the mid Atlantic, ran around in a circle until it ran out of gas and sunk to the bottom. Its sitting somewhere with the lost Continent of Alantis as we speak :)

But for about the first time, I will agree with Emr, I really don't like this Han. And its not because I think he replaces anything, other than perhaps the Jaina/Han Rogue combo, but I'm not too concerned with that personally. Its because he's really got nothing new. NTMTOs was a tough call even in the current init control frenzy meta. With the NR, its almost a no brainer now. At least we can say he has little to no support figures, which is a big plus. But I think that will make him a lesser figure than the other NR figs released in this set. GM means I don't need Garm either.

Han ST is still the better Han for the NR. This Han at the moment is too stand alone, so he will be popular, but not in a lot of good competitive armies.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:02 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Disruptive seems slightly useless to me on him, though. Pretty much, once they are that close, he is going to die rather quickly.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:39 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

As of now the new Han is just too much of a counter to everything. It was better when you had to choose between SAs and this guy just brings the house for a few points more than the Scoundrel. Thank god he didn't have furious assault

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:44 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Well i guess i am in the minority here as i like the new Han, that's not saying i will only use that Han. but with all new minis they need to be played, what looks good at first glance might not be as good in practise. Also i want to see what the new Mara has. I am glad that the NR got some more non-unique this set as well.

Am a little surprised that the new Han did not have affinity for Chewe. I wonder if Mara will have anything with Luke, such as affinity, rapport, or synergy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:36 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I really don't have any strong feelings one way or the other about the new Han except that when I saw the card my first thought was of Rebel Storm Boba Fett and how very, very far this game has come in terms of stat costing.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:13 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I like the new Han Solo. He brings back childhood memories. Han solo was always my favourite character as a kid and this new Han puts him where he should be, towards the top of the power pile. By pretty much combining all the previous Hans it makes him that tough cocky hero I remember as a kid :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:36 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

dnemiller wrote:
The funniest ability the new Han gets me with is the greater mobile.... this is the old fart Han from the Legacy books.... and now he gets greater mobile.... I think for all the stuff he does have they should have left that off of the old fart version of Han

This is on the money :)

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:13 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I don't know about that. Han's a pretty active guy still in the LOTF books. I see this as being an incarnation of him as of Bloodlines. He was pretty disruptive throughout that book, and did a decent job of fighting. Could also compare the piece to how Han was in the Dark Next trilogy (only 5 years before LOTF) and he had a pretty decent amount of action in that series. All in all, except for Troy Denning's novels, Han and Leia haven't done hardly anything in the novels since the early parts of the NJO series. But I don't think it's so much that they are old farts, it's just that the stories are starting to focus more around the younger generation of heroes.

It's funny, because I feel like the Leia JK that we got is less powerful than I picture her being in the books as a Knight. So perhaps Han and Leia both got put on the wrong ends of the curve (i.e. they are backwards :P). :lol: