logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: Reverse Revan backlash???
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:41 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Case in point.

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1005296

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:41 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

yep, the kiddies have finally figures out Revan doesn't grant them the auto wins they thought he would...

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:54 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Sithborg wrote:

freaking ridiculous....no wonder it's so hard to argue the point that NTMTO is broken......it's not. haha

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:40 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Wow....read through that thread last night. Too funny. I've won a few games with Revan so far. Lost several too though. I can't believe the way that one guy keeps going on complaining that MT 'cost more' on Revan than it did on Thrawn. Thrawn doesn't do hardly anything compared to what Revan can do. Nevermind Revan has almost double the HP, good attack stats, offensive Force Powers, a very cool CE that's just as useful as Thrawns....So funny.

I'm a big fan of the KOTOR games, though probably not necessarily a 'fanboy', and I feel like they got Revan spot on. Heck, since this is a Sith version of him, it has to be pre-KOTOR I, and Bastilla was able to best Revan at that point in order to capture/brainwash him. So, in the world of SWM, the Revan we got is WAY overpowered. :P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:53 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

LoboStele wrote:
I'm a big fan of the KOTOR games, though probably not necessarily a 'fanboy', and I feel like they got Revan spot on. Heck, since this is a Sith version of him, it has to be pre-KOTOR I, and Bastilla was able to best Revan at that point in order to capture/brainwash him. So, in the world of SWM, the Revan we got is WAY overpowered. :P

Heh, good point :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:18 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

LoboStele wrote:
Wow....read through that thread last night. Too funny. I've won a few games with Revan so far. Lost several too though. I can't believe the way that one guy keeps going on complaining that MT 'cost more' on Revan than it did on Thrawn. Thrawn doesn't do hardly anything compared to what Revan can do. Nevermind Revan has almost double the HP, good attack stats, offensive Force Powers, a very cool CE that's just as useful as Thrawns....So funny.

How was Bastilla able to best Revan? She never fought him in the beginning of the game. Malak blasted Revan's ship and knocked him out, only reason Bastila captured him was cause he was out cold. I'm not trying to sound like a fanboy but I don't think Bastila ever fought Revan when he was a sith lord.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:27 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Ahh, could be. I couldn't remember exactly how those events unfolded. Was more trying to be funny than anything, I guess. :P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:52 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

the new NR Han + MTB concerns me since he's a great piece without NTMTO, but Han, Rogue doesn't since he's an inferior Han otherwise. I think NR NTMTO will be very powerful when combined with MTB and Boba, Merc at 150. I don't mind so much because it just solidifies 150 San as just as viable as it was last year. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:58 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Darth Ruthven wrote:
the new NR Han + MTB concerns me since he's a great piece without NTMTO, but Han, Rogue doesn't since he's an inferior Han otherwise. I think NR NTMTO will be very powerful when combined with MTB and Boba, Merc at 150. I don't mind so much because it just solidifies 150 San as just as viable as it was last year. :)

Exactly, everything has it's weakness. I think a large part of the problem with people complaining about NTMTO vs. Revan is that they aren't interested in entertaining any other ideas for how to beat NTMTO other than using Revan. They won't look at things like "well, if your local meta is using a lot of NTMTO, you just have to play other things until they stop playing NTMTO, THEN you break Revan back out again." :P Seriously, I don't think I ever bring the same type of squad to my LGS two weeks in a row. It's quite funny to watch people who tried to prepare to beat me and realize they got completely thwarted because I played something completely different.

If you're gonna play the same thing all the time (i.e. Revan) then people who want to beat you are going to play the counters. That simple.