logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: GOD ******!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:49 pm 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

I brought a 100pt fun squad to school to play with my friend Kevin. We played at lunch, until a bunch of onlookers came. Someone comments on his utter dislike of Star Wars, so I straightened him out, my friend Kevin watching me. We pack up our stuff soon after. I come home, and what do ya know; MY ****ING YODA OF DAGOBAH IS GONE!!!!!!!! Now I'm freaking out, IM my friend Kev, he doesn't know. He called my friend Pat, he hasn't. This happend last year, I got pulled out of class and someone stole my Kyle Katarn, Jaina, and Jacen from my backpack. This is just so ridiculous!

Post subject: Re: GOD ******!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:54 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

That really sucks. I am sorry to hear that you have someone/ a group of people who are a bunch of jerks. Was one of the people who was on-looking also in the class in which your pieces were stolen last year?

I would also suggest not bringing your minis to school anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:08 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

That's dispicable. People seem to lack respect for us cool people...

I hope you get your minis back soon.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:23 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Hope it turns up, but it's just as likely you dropped or misplaced it as someone stealing it. It seems rather premature to assume theft.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:40 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

If it's just as likely that he dropped it, shouldn't you consider theft as much as losing it, makign both or neither premature? :)
People always like to think others are responsible.

I lost my 4-LOM for about three months...He turned out to be in the couch, looking for bounties down there...I did put a bount on him for my family though. $2, to the person who finds 4-LOM. I found 'em.

Good luck finding your minis.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:12 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Wow, that sucks. Thats the exact reason why I don't bring valuables to school. If you go to Jester's next weekend you can borrow my Yoda of Dagobah for the tourney.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:39 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

man, that really stinks. i hope you somehow get them back

"Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration."
-Thomas Edison

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:42 am 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

Thanks everyone (especially you Nathan, appreciate it) , kinda sucks though. I was saving my money for LOTF, now I have to spend $15 to order one. Thanks to my friend Kevin who's ordering it for me seeing as how anyone in my family lacks a credit card. Not to sound like an After School Special but. . . I sure did learn a lesson of why not to bring valuables to school. :dad:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:48 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

nice stuff at school = pain.

I hope Zack that this latest lesson finaly teachs you to NOT take anything of value to school.

Valuables and school DON"T Mix. this is why some schools forbid valuables being brought in.

[spoiler="crap"]
Quote:
MediocreMind
Support bacteria - it's the only culture some people have!

Code:
DCI Ranking
Star Wars Miniatures Constructed (as of 2008-09-15)
1826 rating   64 matches   21 events   
    37  All   33  North America   7  Canada   1  CA-Ontario   
[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:42 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

NickName wrote:
Hope it turns up, but it's just as likely you dropped or misplaced it as someone stealing it. It seems rather premature to assume theft.

This was my reaction as well. I have lost several minis through my own incompetence, and have never had any stolen despite multiple opportunities.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:20 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Fox wrote:
nice stuff at school = pain.

I hope Zack that this latest lesson finaly teachs you to NOT take anything of value to school.

Valuables and school DON"T Mix. this is why some schools forbid valuables being brought in.

yeah thats why my school doesnt let you bring ipods yet people still bring them and they always get stolen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:24 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

I remember having an entire box of my magic cards disappear about 10-15 years ago. Had a deck full of rares and dual lands - pretty much the crown of my collection, stolen. Had about 10 dual lands in there, so make what you will of the price, probably around $200ish when the other rares in there were considered. Really sucks because that was pretty much it for me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:56 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

By straightening out this doofus who doesn't like SW I hope there was some open hand slapping goin on :saber:

kidding aside GL on finding your Yoda......

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:00 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

punxnbutter wrote:

George Lucas will find his Yoda? :P

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:57 pm 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

punxnbutter wrote:
By straightening out this doofus who doesn't like SW I hope there was some open hand slapping goin on :saber:

. . . .Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:26 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

of couse Lucas will replace the yoda; we just have to ask him :| guess i shouln't have been so lazy with the typing :D

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:54 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

yeah i would never think of bringing my minis to school, let alone play them at school. yeah i know i shouldnt be afraid to say im a star wars fan, so dont give me crap about that, but the kids in my class always pick on me about being a nerd (question: how am i nerd if i have a good social life, and i start on my football and basketball team?) they would shun me if they knew about me spending saturday nights plaing SWM.

Die for something, or live for nothing!

Life should be more fun...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:37 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Exarkun46 wrote:
yeah i would never think of bringing my minis to school, let alone play them at school. yeah i know i shouldnt be afraid to say im a star wars fan, so dont give me crap about that, but the kids in my class always pick on me about being a nerd (question: how am i nerd if i have a good social life, and i start on my football and basketball team?) they would shun me if they knew about me spending saturday nights plaing SWM.

I wasn't a star athlete, but I was an athlete in high school. I was openly geeky and basically I told people that they could accept it or not and I didn't worry about people who thought I was "uncool" because of who I was. I actually got a lot of respect for not being afraid to be who I am and the vast majority of people realized I was actually a pretty good guy. I did occasionally have issues with other guys in school, but you should never be afraid to be who you are, especially if you're a star wars fan! :)

But yeah I'd never bring minis to school... but back when I was in high school it was SW:CCG. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:07 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

dnemiller wrote:
But hey man just be yourself..... who gives a crap what everyone in school thinks caue in twenty years you wont even remember half their names....

I saw a sign hanging in an elementary school library the other day that is along these lines. It went something like, "In 30 years it won't have mattered what kind of shoes or clothes you wear, whether someone else was different from you or etc. etc.

The only thing that mattered is what you learned while you were here."

I doubt most of the kids in that building appreciated that poster, unfortunately. It's very hard to see past the moment.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:51 am 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

In my school your IQ goes down. Every speaks "Ignorant", everyone save for a few are drug adicts/dealers, and the only way to sort things out is with a fight. I used to get in a fight every other day 2 years ago, most have learned since, but also the trouble just got bigger and bigger and mom OBVIOUSLY made me stop. I avoid fights now when they come-few and far between- but there's a golden rule. . . You get hit first-Time to show them who the alpha male is.
I'm not afraid of people knowing I'm a Star Wars nerd, every already does. Some people joke with me, can get old, otherwise it doesn't matter. And yes-I've since learned not to bring anything of remote value to school.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next