logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Singles Online?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:44 am 
General
General

I need to know where YOU buy your singles online. I know that this thread pops up once in a while, but I would very much appreciate it if I could get a list of the most used online singles-providers. Not just the cheapest or most well-known, but those with the best selection where you actually buy them. Also, if you have issues with a place that put on the list or that is mentioned by a poster, let me know that, too. Everyone who buys online please answer this.

Here is where I'll keep the list:
Auggies Games
Coolstuff
Strike Zone
Popular Collections
Miniatures Market

Last edited by Menoths Fire on Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:17 am 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

Auggust on EBAY. Shipping is always $3 (even if you buy 50 Ugo's and huges).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:30 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Auggie has just opened a non-eBay store with even better prices and shipping. He publicizes it via a flyer packed with his eBay orders (in compliance with eBay policies against soliciting non-eBay business via their site).

http://store02.prostores.com/servlet/au ... StoreFront

He gets his singles out very quickly after release, and he does enough research that he's a consistent 5-10% below other singles sellers - especially with that great shipping deal.

He's got a lot of stock too. 41 Uggernaughts at the moment!!

He's always my first stop for singles.

Last edited by barzillai on Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:31 am 
General
General

Fool wrote:
Try our sponsors!

Strike Zone On-Line
Popular Collections

both do Singles

I'm sure Minaiture Market does as well

Please guys, check our sponsors out!

This is not meant to be an advertising thread; I need to know from whom people actually buy their singles. That being said: I would very much like to know if our sponsors are utilized sources for singles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:47 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I now buy almost exclusively from coolstuff. I've gotten a number of cases through them, so my discount is rather nice and their selection of singles is as good as anywhere out there.

I have purchased singles through Popular Collections and Strike Zone. I Liked popular collections just fine, but I did not really care for Strike Zone. I gave Strike Zone the benefit of the doubt because their prices are usually lower, but their customer service was good sometimes and horrid at other times. For instance they replaced a damaged mini they sent me on one time, but I never received an tracking number by email despite getting my order confirmations. The last time I ordered from Strike Zone I called customer service to find out why I was not getting tracking #s, and their response was "Sometimes we forget to send them." At that point I decided that I would not be ordering with them any longer. I spent extra money to send it UPS w/ tracking for a reason. I was not amused.

I would say Coolstuff, Popular Collections are great, Strike Zone is ok, but I will not be shopping there anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:55 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Fool wrote:

Yeah I agree - I just want to make sure people check out sponsors.

I would like to know that people ARE using our sponsors and if not, why not though (or know of potential other places to get minis)

I would have used Popular Collections the other day to pick up Vader, Unleashed and the Rauntaun, but they were sold out of them. I am not at all opposed to using them. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:58 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I do 100%ebay and only do buy it nows with people who have around $3.00 shipping no matter how many you buy. So, I'll have a list of the guys I want and compare between 2 or 3 stores to see who has the best overall deal. I hardly ever buy just 1 guy at a time.

Cheapminis I use the most
Auggest
Newpotato2
Capewestgames

These are who I normally end up going with and have never had any problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:26 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fool wrote:
I would like to know that people ARE using our sponsors and if not, why not though (or know of potential other places to get minis)

I don't have problems with the sponsors, I always check these places out for cases. I just don't think their prices are realistic and I think it is because they have overhead to pay for. I also would never buy a case of a huge set. Here is what I see when a set comes out-
Pre-sell price on ebay where people guess what the rate will be
Set is released- we start seeing regular auctions, which to me, are what really tells me what a piece is worth. Buy it nows change to new reflective price up or down depending on playability and rarity. The stores on the other hand never seem to change. I mean 2 of the sponsors have Vader Unleashed at $32 and I can get him on ebay without trying for $15. So my choice is made for me. The only one that comes close is Popular Collections. They combine realistic prices with a chance at free shipping which is always a nice way to go. They have Revan for $29.99, I saw 2 revans go for $50 on ebay! Luckily I pulled 2 so I didn't have to play the Revan game.

I think it also depends on what kind of player you are. I for one, am not a completist, I pretty much look at the set when it comes out design some squads in mini manager and then use that to tell me what guys I want to buy. So, for me singles make more sense than buying cases. I just don't want 100 of the same common unless it has a purpose to be in a squad. One can never have too many stormies or gran raiders :lol:

It also depends on which side of the pond you are on also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:43 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Hothie and I have bought a lot of singles from Miniatures Market. We actually went in their physical shop last time we were in St. Louis as well. Nice guys, good customer service and reasonable shipping. I would highly recommend them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:59 am 
General
General

Updated so far.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:31 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

miniatures market, coolstuff, and Auggest ebay store (i'll check out the non ebay now) portyworld has an ebay store i've bought from 5-6 times as well

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:11 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

So far just ebay. I don't buy many singles though. I get most of mine from trading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:14 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

When I saw the title I thought we had a new spammer, then I noted the author's name. :lol:

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:15 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I bought some Ugs from Miniatures Market as support for their sponsorship. I plan to do the same for the others as well in the very near future.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:48 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

Boris wrote:
When I saw the title I thought we had a new spammer, then I noted the author's name. :lol:

I still think it might be a spammer. ;)

I'm not sure what this thread is really telling us. The only surprise that I've seen is Auggie's new site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:49 pm 
General
General

Boris wrote:

Yeah, I don't care if they're single ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:42 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

When it comes to buying new/newly released minis, I go to Auggie's almost exclusively, due to his prices & customer service. When I'm shopping for older minis (and Auggie doesn't always have the best selection of older stuff since he only deals in new), I have gone to Miniature Market & Cool Stuff Inc.

Proud Member of: Knights of Columbus (4th Degree) and Triangle Fraternity /T\ (MSOE Chapter)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:20 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

i buy a lot of my singles from my LGS, but if I do buy them online from a store, I go to Miniatures Market.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:23 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Buy pretty much all of mine from eBay. My LGS where I buy cases from doesn't sell many singles. I have a few reputable eBayers bookmarked, Thors Hammer, Hero Town, Alter Reality. I'm currently waiting on a big order from Sun City Games, but I think it's got lost - don't blame the seller though as I've dealt with him before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:28 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I usually get my stuff at my LGS or at coolstuff. Coolstuff has had some good bargins in the past. :D

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee