logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:45 am 
General
General

LoboStele wrote:
My guess is what's going on is that one of our sponsors has not been seeing any traffic from this site and is wondering whether it's worth keeping their sponsor status here.

I definitely don't think it's right of us to boycott a sponsor simply because they won't give us a little money to help run the site. The correct response is to go to them and purchase some more product instead. Positive reinforcement, not negative reactions.

Anyways, this is just my speculation.

That's my point: how can you fault a businessperson for not spending advertising money on a medium that is not getting you more business?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:06 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

That is true.

I will have to start clicking the links to the sponsers to see what they have. That should also help boost the traffic from here.

Hopefully I can pick up the stuff I am missing.

Maybe. Just maybe my boys can protect the book. Yeah, and maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

ChonChuuk wrote:
That is true.

I will have to start clicking the links to the sponsers to see what they have. That should also help boost the traffic from here.

Hopefully I can pick up the stuff I am missing.

Is that the only way a sponsor knows the sale was from SWG? I guess most people would just see the name and google it, that is what I would do and then if you bought something there is no link to SWgamers. I think the only way that would work was Fool's earlier suggestion that a site give some kind of discount or something if you told them you where from SWG. Other than that how could you really track the sale? I would say sponsoring this site would be merely a business decision so if someone decided not to do it anymore that is not negative on the gaming community or the store in question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:12 pm 
General
General

Fool wrote:
I think that some of you guys are jumping to some foregone conclusions.

If people do or don't want to advertise here, clearly that's up to them.

If people feel that being a sponsor draws no benefit, obviously I understand and agree to that.

Having said that, if I said, "Sponsor A helps us have a site so I'd really appreciate if you bought from him - here's some added incentive" - that might be something we might move towards.

I'd rather you buy from people that help support us if you can. I have no objection with sponsors deciding that here isn't working for them - I understand that totally and fully.

If there are creative ways though to ensure our sponsors are used, I certainly prefer that.

On top of that there are other places out there that clearly aren't going to sponsor us (even though users here buy from them) - that's where I take exception.

In other words, I'd rather people bought from the people that are helping us exist, wouldn't you? (As long as it make sense)

I have gotten from this thread that for which I was looking and used the info you all have provided to set up a relative trade value index by averaging the prices of each mini and placed it in the Watto's Trade Forum.

Thanks for contributing.

------------------------------------------------
But now here's where the thread may degenerate into a tired argument...

Singles tend to be a tricky situation because most FLGSs don't offer them and at some point it becomes incrediblly cost-inefficent to buy packs to get those last VRs and so, of course, I see the very real value in online stores from that perspective. However...

Without people playing SWM: the game dies and this site has no reason to even exist. Online stores do not get people playing this game, nor does it keep people playing by encouraging a real life community where people can actually meet and play the game regularly and not just talk about it all day. That's what your FLGS is for and they, first and foremost, are where I will choose to buy my minis. If I absolutely need to buy singles (which generally isn't the case), then I will buy from one of the sponsors of my favorite "make believe" SWM community ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:59 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I wish I had a FLGS; someone had mentioned a place in Manchester CT which is a bit of a hike for me, but I will buy at least one booster anytime I go to show some support.

If someone who was sponsoring found it wasn't increasing traffic then they shouldn't be branded for it. I doubt that would be the case here though 8)

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:52 am 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

CoolStuff, good prices, discounts, good stock. Sometimes minis are overpriced(Boba), but I just dont buy that one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:38 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Game Hollow is very good. I have used them a lot of times. Remember though that it is a shop and is bound by US law, in other words they wont put your order as a gift. So if you have import tax on any items above a set amount you will get charged if you go over. That is the law on going round it, however they are very reasonable on prize and P+P. worth checking out. But also check the sponsors of this site as well to compare prizes it cost nothing to look.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:25 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

I actually just ordered from Auggies Games on eBay the other night before even seeing this thread and emailed my friend in Florida recommending he check it out too.

I've mostly done eBay for singles. The only seller I can remember off the top of my head goes by Yoda's Yard Sale or something like that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:07 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I ususally buy singles from ebay. Usually have good prices on most figs, though Revan and the Fetts are a bit expensive.