logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Inside the mind of a designer - The Inquisitor, Jedi Hunter
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:54 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

LESHIPPY Online
Post subject: Re: Mini set 7. The InquisitorPostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:31 pm
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

We haven't seen a bunch of this guy yet. But here is sort of what I am thinking. Not sure if he should have a CE or not yet

The Inquisitor, Jedi Hunter
Imperial
50ish?
+12
Unique
Double Attack
Intimidation (Living non-Unique enemies within 6 squares get -2 Attack and -2 Defense. Living allies within 6 squares get +2 Attack and +2 Defense.)
Jedi Hunter (+4 Attack and +10 Damage against enemies with Force ratings)
Spinning Blade Attack (Replaces turn, usable only while this character is at half Hit Points or more: This character can move up to his speed this turn and he can attack each adjacent enemy once as he moves. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity.)
Force 3
Renew 1
Lightsaber Deflect (Force 1: When hit by a nonmelee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)
Lightsaber Riposte (Force 1: When hit by a melee attack, this character can make an immediate attack against that attacker)
Force Push 4 (Force 4, replaces attacks: sight; 40 damage; push back target 4 squares if Huge or smaller)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fingersandteeth Offline
Post subject: Re: Mini set 7. The InquisitorPostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:48 am
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

yeah, spinning blade attack is a must.

Jedi hunter too.

the rest is a wait and see thing.
---------------------------------------------------

LESHIPPY Online
Post subject: Re: Mini set 7. The InquisitorPostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:55 pm
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

The only thing i can think of adding at this point would be pilot.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
LESHIPPY Online
Post subject: Re: Mini set 7. The InquisitorPostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:15 pm
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Thinking maybe he should cost 58 points. Thoughts? Too much? Maybe 55?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
urbanshmi2 Offline
Post subject: Re: Mini set 7. The InquisitorPostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:30 pm
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Yeah, 54 or 55, probably.

The costing always seems to be the hardest part.
---------------------------------------------------------
LESHIPPY Online
Post subject: Re: Mini set 7. The InquisitorPostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:56 pm
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I would be fine with 55 for testing and go up or down as needed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
LESHIPPY Online
Post subject: Re: Mini set 7. The InquisitorPostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:04 pm
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

wondering about
CE Once per turn, each follower within 6 squares may reroll 1 attack at +4 Attack and +10 Damage. If the result of the rerolled attack is a miss, the attacking character is defeated
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TimmerB123 Offline
Post subject: Re: Mini set 7. The InquisitorPostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:10 am
Master of Time and Space
Master of Time and Space

I feel like he does need a CE of some sort.

That CE is pretty awesome. I'm just thinking of a shooter with Twin. Perhaps even a stealth one. Ouch.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

urbanshmi2 Offline
Post subject: Re: Mini set 7. The InquisitorPostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:41 am
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Big risk, though. I do like the CE.
--------------------------------------------

LESHIPPY Online
Post subject: Re: Mini set 7. The InquisitorPostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:27 pm
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I would be fine with taking the damage off the CE. I just copy and pasted it from vader.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TimmerB123 Offline
Post subject: Re: Mini set 7. The InquisitorPostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:26 pm
Master of Time and Space
Master of Time and Space

I misread the CE. For some reason I thought it was giving a free attack (cannon CE).

That being said - this game is so vast and ripe with opportunity to be creative - I hate re-using a CE that is exactly the same as another.

Why don't we put a slight spin on it? How about making it weaker by making it only Non-Uniques, but then making it stronger by allowing you to kill someone else on your squad (someone must pay for the mistake!)

I made it Imperials only to prevent sacking a mouse droid

Quote:
CE
Once per turn, each non-unique Imperial follower within 6 squares may reroll 1 attack at +4 Attack and +10 Damage. If the result of the rerolled attack is a miss, remove an Imperial ally from the board. That character is defeated
------------------------------------------------------------------------

urbanshmi2 Offline
Post subject: Re: Mini set 7. The InquisitorPostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:09 pm
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

TimmerB123 wrote:
I misread the CE. For some reason I thought it was giving a free attack (cannon CE).

That being said - this game is so vast and ripe with opportunity to be creative - I hate re-using a CE that is exactly the same as another.

Why don't we put a slight spin on it? How about making it weaker by making it only Non-Uniques, but then making it stronger by allowing you to kill someone else on your squad (someone must pay for the mistake!)

I made it Imperials only to prevent sacking a mouse droid

Quote:
CE
Once per turn, each non-unique Imperial follower within 6 squares may reroll 1 attack at +4 Attack and +10 Damage. If the result of the rerolled attack is a miss, remove an Imperial ally from the board. That character is defeated

I like that!
---------------------------

LESHIPPY Online
Post subject: Re: Mini set 7. The InquisitorPostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:45 pm
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

what if it was Equal or higher cost ally that is removed?

Just thinking it is easy to dumping stormies is easy to boost high powered figs
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TimmerB123 Offline
Post subject: Re: Mini set 7. The InquisitorPostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:43 am
Master of Time and Space
Master of Time and Space

LESHIPPY wrote:
what if it was Equal or higher cost ally that is removed?

Just thinking it is easy to dumping stormies is easy to boost high powered figs

I like that. But if there wasn't a higher cost fig, they die.

Quote:
CE
Once per turn, each non-unique Imperial follower within 6 squares may reroll 1 attack at +4 Attack and +10 Damage. If the result of the rerolled attack is a miss, remove that character, or an Imperial ally equal to or more in cost than the attacking character from the board. That character is defeated
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LESHIPPY Online
Post subject: Re: Mini set 7. The InquisitorPostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:40 am
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

LESHIPPY wrote:
Imperial
+12
Unique
Double Attack
Intimidation (Living non-Unique enemies within 6 squares get -2 Attack and -2 Defense. Living allies within 6 squares get +2 Attack and +2 Defense.)
Jedi Hunter (+4 Attack and +10 Damage against enemies with Force ratings)
Spinning Blade Attack (Replaces turn, usable only while this character is at half Hit Points or more: This character can move up to his speed this turn and he can attack each adjacent enemy once as he moves. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity.)
Force 3
Renew 1
Lightsaber Deflect (Force 1: When hit by a nonmelee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)
Lightsaber Riposte (Force 1: When hit by a melee attack, this character can make an immediate attack against that attacker)
Force Push 4 (Force 4, replaces attacks: sight; 40 damage; push back target 4 squares if Huge or smaller)

CE
Once per turn, each non-unique Imperial follower within 6 squares may reroll 1 attack at +4 Attack and +10 Damage. If the result of the rerolled attack is a miss, remove that character, or an Imperial ally equal to or more in cost than the attacking character from the board. That character is defeated

So here is where we are at. I think this has everything updated. went with 55 and we can adjust accordingly.

As far as getting it all on the card, since the CE is a bit wordy, we can always not define jedi hunter.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TimmerB123 Offline
Post subject: Re: Mini set 7. The InquisitorPostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:46 am
Master of Time and Space
Master of Time and Space

I'm guessing that the CE could use a QC touch for wording.

But I'm cool for PT
-------------------------

LESHIPPY Online
Post subject: Re: Mini set 7. The InquisitorPostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:48 am
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

PT
-------------------

TimmerB123 Offline
Post subject: Re: Mini set 7. The InquisitorPostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:00 pm
Master of Time and Space
Master of Time and Space

just thought of a danger combo - Inquisitor + Potty Palp.

That's FP 4 every round. Add Thrawn to swap him into place - could be nasty.

Squad we need to PT anyway
------------------------------------

swinefeld Offline
Post subject: Re: Mini set 7. The InquisitorPostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:33 pm
Master of Time and Space
Master of Time and Space

added, but not yet flagged, pending Laura or Deri

Quote:
9/9

Imperial
55 pts

HP 130
DEF 20
ATK +12
DMG 20

Special Abilities
Unique. Double Attack

Intimidation [Living non-Unique enemies within 6 squares get -2 Attack and -2 Defense. Living allies within 6 squares get +2 Attack and +2 Defense.]

Jedi Hunter [+4 Attack and +10 Damage against enemies with Force ratings]

Spinning Blade Attack [Replaces turn, usable only while this character is at half Hit Points or more: This character can move up to his speed this turn and he can attack each adjacent enemy once as he moves. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity.]

Force Powers
Force 3. Force Renewal 1

Force Push 4 [Force 4, replaces attacks: sight; 40 damage; push back target 4 squares if Huge or smaller]

Lightsaber Deflect [Force 1: When hit by a nonmelee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11]

Lightsaber Riposte [Force 1: When hit by a melee attack, this character can make an immediate attack against that attacker]

Commander Effect
Once per turn, each non-Unique Imperial follower within 6 squares may reroll 1 attack at +4 Attack and +10 Damage. If the result of the rerolled attack is a miss, remove the attacker or an Imperial ally whose cost is equal to or greater than the attacker's from the board. That character is defeated.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
End of page 1 #########################################################

Post subject: Re: Inside the mind of a designer - The Inquisitor, Jedi Hun
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:54 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

urbanshmi2 Offline
Post subject: Re: Mini set 7. The Inquisitor, Jedi HunterPostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:42 pm
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Oops, sorry. Meant to take another look when I had more time, then it slipped my mind. Sure--PT.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TimmerB123 Offline
Post subject: Re: Mini set 7. The Inquisitor, Jedi HunterPostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:44 pm
Master of Time and Space
Master of Time and Space

Done
---------------

LESHIPPY Online
Post subject: Re: Mini set 7. The Inquisitor, Jedi HunterPostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:52 pm
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Thoughts on adding emperor's hand?
I would like to see this tested in a than squad before I put my stamp of approval on it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LESHIPPY Online
Post subject: Re: Mini set 9. The Inquisitor, Jedi HunterPostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:29 am
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Only comment from play test is add dark armor.
----------------------------------------------------------

urbanshmi2 Offline
Post subject: Re: Mini set 9. The Inquisitor, Jedi HunterPostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:51 am
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I don't particularly like the Hand of the Emperor idea, but Dark Armor seems fine. Other than that, anything else need ironed out?
------------------------------------

TimmerB123 Offline
Post subject: Re: Mini set 9. The Inquisitor, Jedi HunterPostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:07 pm
Master of Time and Space
Master of Time and Space

He's got a lot of tricks, Dark armor might bump his cost up a few
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

urbanshmi2 Offline
Post subject: Re: Mini set 9. The Inquisitor, Jedi HunterPostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:03 pm
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Yes, I agree, we'd need to bump his cost a few with Dark Armor.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
LESHIPPY Online
Post subject: Re: Mini set 7. The InquisitorPostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:29 am
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

swinefeld wrote:
added, but not yet flagged, pending Laura or Deri

Quote:
9/9

Imperial
56 pts

HP 130
DEF 20
ATK +12
DMG 20

Special Abilities
Unique. Double Attack

Dark Armor (Whenever this character takes damage, he reduces the damage dealt by 10 with a save of 11. Attacks with lightsabers ignore this special ability.)

Intimidation [Living non-Unique enemies within 6 squares get -2 Attack and -2 Defense. Living allies within 6 squares get +2 Attack and +2 Defense.]

Jedi Hunter [+4 Attack and +10 Damage against enemies with Force ratings]

Spinning Blade Attack [Replaces turn, usable only while this character is at half Hit Points or more: This character can move up to his speed this turn and he can attack each adjacent enemy once as he moves. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity.]

Force Powers
Force 3. Force Renewal 1

Force Push 4 [Force 4, replaces attacks: sight; 40 damage; push back target 4 squares if Huge or smaller]

Lightsaber Deflect [Force 1: When hit by a nonmelee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11]

Lightsaber Riposte [Force 1: When hit by a melee attack, this character can make an immediate attack against that attacker]

Commander Effect
Once per turn, each non-Unique Imperial follower within 6 squares may reroll 1 attack at +4 Attack and +10 Damage. If the result of the rerolled attack is a miss, remove the attacker or an Imperial ally whose cost is equal to or greater than the attacker's from the board. That character is defeated.

Added Dark Armor. Added a point to cost
---------------------------------------------------------
TimmerB123 Offline
Post subject: Re: Mini set 9. The Inquisitor, Jedi HunterNew postPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:09 pm
Master of Time and Space
Master of Time and Space

Done
----------------------------------------------
fingersandteeth Offline
Post subject: Re: Mini set 9. The Inquisitor, Jedi HunterNew postPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:06 pm
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Done
-------------------------------------------
urbanshmi2 Offline
Post subject: Re: Mini set 9. The Inquisitor, Jedi HunterNew postPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:27 pm
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Done.
----------------------------
swinefeld Offline
Post subject: Re: Mini set 9. The Inquisitor, Jedi Hunter - QC POSTEDNew postPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:02 pm
Master of Time and Space
Master of Time and Space

* QC *

Quote:
9/9

Imperial
56 pts

HP 130
DEF 20
ATK +12
DMG 20

Special Abilities
Unique. Melee Attack; Double Attack
Dark Armor; Jedi Hunter

Force Powers
Force 3. Force Renewal 1

Commander Effect
Once per turn, each non-Unique Imperial follower within 6 squares may reroll an attack at +4 Attack and +10 Damage. If the result is a miss, remove the attacker or an Imperial ally of equal or higher cost from play; that character is defeated.
-----------------------------------
fingersandteeth Offline
Post subject: Re: Mini set 9. The Inquisitor, Jedi Hunter - QC POSTEDNew postPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:31 pm
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

-----------

swinefeld Offline
Post subject: Re: Mini set 9. The Inquisitor, Jedi Hunter - QC POSTEDNew postPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:28 am
Master of Time and Space
Master of Time and Space

+1 content

I'm starting to get paranoid about the cut line after the set 9 run, and with so many of these cards being completely filled up.
----------------------------------------

FlyingArrow Offline
Post subject: Re: Mini set 9. The Inquisitor, Jedi Hunter - QC POSTEDNew postPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:56 am
Master of Time and Space
Master of Time and Space

Number 9/9.

Text goes over the line on the right margin.
--------------------------------------------------

Markedman247 Offline
Post subject: Re: Mini set 9. The Inquisitor, Jedi Hunter - EDIT/PROOFNew postPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:09 pm
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Yep the nonmelee is running over
-----------------------------------------
fingersandteeth Offline
Post subject: Re: Mini set 9. The Inquisitor, Jedi Hunter - EDIT/PROOFNew postPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:54 pm
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

There is a decent gap between the 1st and 2nd margins, but i've moved this and lord hethrir left a space

-------------------------------------

FlyingArrow Offline
Post subject: Re: Mini set 9. The Inquisitor, Jedi Hunter - EDIT/PROOFNew postPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:02 pm
Master of Time and Space
Master of Time and Space

+1
------------------

swinefeld Offline
Post subject: Re: Mini set 9. The Inquisitor, Jedi Hunter - EDIT/PROOFNew postPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:13 pm
Master of Time and Space
Master of Time and Space

+2

thanks Deri (and TJ for catching the numbering)
-------------------------------------------------------

Markedman247 Offline
Post subject: Re: Mini set 9. The Inquisitor, Jedi Hunter - EDIT/PROOFNew postPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:50 pm
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

+3
-------------------

swinefeld Offline
Post subject: Re: Mini set 9. The Inquisitor, Jedi Hunter - EDIT/PROOFNew postPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:16 pm
Master of Time and Space
Master of Time and Space

: approved :