logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Distant Outpost Map Packs: 1 Week left & Underfunded!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:45 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Chris West's latest map project less than a week left on the Kickstarter, and is currently severely under-funded. He has designed four double-sided maps for this kickstarter. Its currently at about $7,000, enough to print only the first map, but close to the $8,000 mark for printing the second map. We need to hit $16,000 to get all maps printed in one print run, otherwise the remaining maps will be quite expensive to get printed individually later. Please donate, not only to make the other three maps a reality, but also to get them for yourself and your Star Wars Minis collection!

For anyone who might possibly not know, Chris West is THE map designer and illustrator for Wizards of the Coast's official maps when the game was in print, and he has continued to release newer and even better-illustrated maps than before. These are the best of the best, and specifically designed for Star Wars Miniatures!

What I would consider the ideal donation amount would be $30. This will get you two double-sided maps (and hopefully we can get the last $900 to get the second map printed). ADDITIONALLY Chris is offering to allow anyone who backs this amount or more to be given access to the PDFs of all the maps he has designed as a freelancer (meaning anything that he didn't do for WotC). If you ask me that's a pretty amazing offer.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ma ... er-map-set

Post subject: Re: Distant Outpost Map Packs: 1 Week left & Underfunded!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:57 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Thanks for posting! I just caught wind of this yesterday via the Facebook group. I was surprised that I didn't get an e-mail through KS when the project went up, since I've backed many of Chris's other projects.

Sadly, I'm really tight on funds right now. I would love to get that giant vinyl print of the whole thing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:23 am 
General
General

Thanks for helping to get the word out!

To clarify: the $30 reward tier is for people who only want the PDFs. Specifically, it gets you every poster map I've ever published in PDF form. You can also get that reward as a $25 add-on to any other pledge level, though.

Each level from $10 and up DOES get you every NEW map from this project in PDF form, though--even if those double-sided posters don't get unlocked with stretch goals.

That said, there has been a strong surge of support this week and I'm pretty confident that we will hit the goals to print at least three of them, if not all four. And if we come close to four, I'm determined to find a way to make it happen--even if I have to print a smaller quantity that will prevent me from selling them into retail channels. I'll do everything I can to make sure backers get the maps they pledge for.

If you have any questions, send me a note!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:37 am 
General
General

Here's a link to the Ground Level of the Mining Colony on the back of Distant Outposts I:

http://www.mapsofmastery.com/swmstuff/SampleGroundLevel72dpi.jpg

Note the red door indicators. These are intended to function exactly like normal doors, with one exception: they do not automatically open or close based on proximity. If you want to change their state, you need door control. They represent sealed hatchways. Something Artoo could open but your average stormtrooper could not.

It's up to the powers-that-be to decide if they work that way in tournaments; if it's easier, you could just treat them as normal doors for such events.