|July 2014 Rules Update
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||The_Celestial_Warrior [ Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:28 am ]|
|Post subject:||July 2014 Rules Update|
Effective: July 17, 2014
Replace Section 622: Constructed Scenarios: Standard Scenario: Victory Condition with the following text:
Victory Condition: Victory is achieved if one player eliminates his opponent's entire squad (including Reinforcements) at the end of a round while having at least one piece of his own remaining. If this has not occurred at the end of a round, if at least one player has scored points equal to or in excess of the format point limit (100, 150 or 200 points), the player with the most victory points wins. If both players meet this condition and have the same number of victory points, players play an additional round. The player with the most victory points at the end of the extra round wins. If the players are still have the same number of victory points, additional rounds are played until the tie is broken, or match time runs out (see Section 616).
There are two ways to score victory points:
1) Eliminate enemy models: points scored are equal to model cost
2) Occupy the map center: five points are scored each round that a player ends a round with a model that costs five points or more (Reinforcements count as 0) within four squares of the center of the map; ignore low objects and walls when determining this area. Both players may score in the same round and neither player scores more than five points total even if they have more than one model near the center of the map. This method of scoring points is generally referred to as "Gambit" scoring.
In a 200 point game, ten points will be scored each round that a player ends a round with a model that costs ten or more points within four squares of the center of the map.
Replace Section 670: Scoring and Standings with the following text:
In all tournament formats, a victory shall be awarded 3 match points to the winner of the match. A victory is declared when the match is completed by one of the players by either destroying his opponent’s entire squad or by scoring the required number of victory points (for example in a 150 point match victory is declared when 150 or more points is scored). A bye for the round is considered a complete game victory and shall be awarded 3 match points.
Victory by Tiebreaker
In all tournament formats, a victory by tiebreaker shall be awarded 2 match points to the winner of the match. Victory by tiebreak occurs when time is called for the match or five rounds have passed without a player making an attack, making a saving throw or taking damage and the normal victory conditions have not been met for the match. The player winning the match as determined by Section 616 will then receive 2 match points for their victory.
Victory by Concession
In all tournament formats, a victory by concession shall be awarded 3 match points if the game is conceded prior to the halfway point in the match, typically 30 minutes. After the halfway point, a player conceding will need to call for the judge to determine the match points. The game must be very lopsided for a judge to award the full 3 points after the halfway point. Otherwise it will be 2 points.
In all tournament formats, a loss in which the player scores half or more of the build total (for example in a 150 point match he should score 75 or more) shall be awarded 1 match point. Any loss where this does not occur shall be awarded 0 match points.
Standings in a tournament, for declaring a tournament winner, shall be determined by match points. In the event of multiple players being tied for match points the following shall be used to determine the final standings:
1. Match Win Points – The player with the most match points.
2. Match Win Percentage – The player with the highest match winning percentage.
3. Completed Victories – The player with highest number completed victories during the tournament (games in which 3 match points were achieved)
4. Head to Head Matchups – The player who has won any head to head matchups would be ahead of the loser in a head to head matchup.
5. Opponents Match Win Percentage – The player with the highest opponent match winning percentage.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 6 hours|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group