logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:32 am 
General
General

Jedicartographer wrote:
Well Don't get your hopes up, sorry. There won't be anything like that in this particular map pack.

However if its sucessful, Map pack 2 might have something like this, so Dust off the ATAT's.

Fair enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:27 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Jedicartographer wrote:
Well Don't get your hopes up, sorry. There won't be anything like that in this particular map pack.

However if its sucessful, Map pack 2 might have something like this, so Dust off the ATAT's.

That is exactly what I hoped for. I do not want to hold up the first one. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:44 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Right Now as it stands the line up for Map Pack 1 is:

Theed Plaza
Dxun 2.0
Dantooine 2.0
Separatist Compound on Felucia
Taris Lower City (Maybe)
Jedicartographer's Echo Base (Probably)

The Cost is going to be 30 dollars, half the money is going to cover the priniting, and the other half is going to the next map pack, or back into the SWMgamers community.

"Micro-managment Breeds Incompetence"

Being a Star Wars Miniatures Hall of Famer is a Responsibilty Not a Priveledge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:14 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I plan on being at Gen-Con

I would buy a three double sided maps for $20-$30 bucks

I would imagine that other local guys would want a set if they can't go tot the con.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:16 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

I would so buy those, your maps are awesome! And have you already done the Sep compund? it didnt sound familiar

"Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration."
-Thomas Edison

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:21 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

The Separatist Compound, is under construction. as is The Enclave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:44 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

lol thanks Dean,

Its funny you saying that right now, because I was just looking at Cpreksta's Jabba Map

Thats still the best one.

In fact it's possible that I have a man crush on Cpreksta.

But............ I think the next 2 maps are going to be legendary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:22 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

If the others haven't been legendary I can't WAIT for the next two! Keep up the good work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:43 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

Jedicartographer wrote:

Theed Plaza
Dxun 2.0
Dantooine 2.0
Taris Lower City (Maybe)

The Cost is going to be 30 dollars, half the money is going to cover the priniting, and the other half is going to the next map pack, or back into the SWMgamers community.

I'd buy that even if i had to have somebody else get it for me and then mail it to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:03 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

homer_sapien wrote:
Jedicartographer wrote:

Theed Plaza
Dxun 2.0
Dantooine 2.0
Taris Lower City (Maybe)

Me too. Although I do not know of anyone near me going to GenCon so I hope we can buy directly from JC or this site.
I'd buy that even if i had to have somebody else get it for me and then mail it to me.

Last edited by ChonChuuk on Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:46 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Well without gining too much of the plan away, especially when its not final, the planis to get pre-orders up on this site, and then I mail them out to members here.

With that said, please allow 8-10 weeks delivery as I'm just a man, not a postal service.

Bottom line...stuff is getting done to get themaps out to all who want them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:59 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Sweet!

Maybe. Just maybe my boys can protect the book. Yeah, and maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:05 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

So we dont have to go to Gen-Con to get them, we can just liek email or PM you, send you the money, and you will ship it?

"Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration."
-Thomas Edison

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:08 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

As soon as the maps are finished, I'll give you all the info you need.

I Don't even have all the details ironed out yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:51 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

Guess I should get started on getting some for fun games going in my area so I'll have somewhere to use my not DCI legel maps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:50 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Eh....we play DCI every single week, but as long as everyone is OK with it, we usually don't mind if somebody wants to use a map that's not typically allowed. In fact, since DCI has been so lax in updating things, we're going to start allowing at least Ruined Base and Yavin Temple at 200 points, and possibly some of the great custom maps out there (Yavin Sanctuary, Theed, etc.).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:27 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

LoboStele wrote:
Eh....we play DCI every single week, but as long as everyone is OK with it, we usually don't mind if somebody wants to use a map that's not typically allowed. In fact, since DCI has been so lax in updating things, we're going to start allowing at least Ruined Base and Yavin Temple at 200 points, and possibly some of the great custom maps out there (Yavin Sanctuary, Theed, etc.).

Yeah, playing 200 DCI with only 3 maps gets old after a while. I really hope DCI gets updated soon, it can't be that hard to edit a page and add a good playable map to the playable maps in 200.

Post subject: Re: Jedicartographer at GenCon questions
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:07 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Jedicartographer wrote:
1. Are you going to Gencon?

No

Jedicartographer wrote:
2. Are You interested in a Custom Map 6 Pack?

Absolutely. You put a ton of effort into your maps and I like that you and others step up to fill a void the WotC is unwilling to.

Jedicartographer wrote:
3. What do you think a fair price is? Keep in mind this is not for profit, but to cover the cost of printing, and shipping and transport.

The 20 - 30 dollars that you've been talking about would be great. Like i said above, I'm not going to Gencon, so would love to hear if you will be willing to ship the map packs to the less-fortunates... like myself.

I've been selling on Ebay for years and I can say that if the maps are folded, they should fit into a free Priority Mail envelope (i don't have one here to check the size). If so, you can use the Flat Rate envelope for a standard cost of $4.60 (in the USA). That's pretty good with no cost for the actual shipping materials (envelope/tape/etc).

Jedicartographer wrote:
4. Is this a good idea or a bad idea? Cpreksta mentioned he was thinking about selling his maps at GenCon. What are the legalites involved?

It's a great idea and I don't see any problem selling the required 150 to make your money back. I'd probably get two packs.

Legalities... i am really ot sure. I saw some talk about certain images in the maps being copyrighted... I'd stay away from using anything recognizable like and X-Wing or the Sail Barge... maybe even the little R2-units in a lot of maps.

Actually, thinking of shipping. I have to stop at the post later today, if you pm or post the dimensions of a folded map (mine are all laminated) I'll grab a few envelopes and check if they'll fit.

SWM Trades: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1455

Customs: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3410

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:19 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Didn't realize there were more responses here...must've missed the 'new post' symbol at some point.

dnemiller wrote:
Man I dont blame you for that..... The maps not being updated is getting old.... sounds like a good gentleman's agreement

Yeah, we actually quite frequently do some 'gentleman's agreements' at our one LGS. The Tournament Organizer is really relaxed on how we want to run things. So, that's how we end up doing things like Tile Wars, or theme builds, etc. and still reporting them to DCI. Technically, other than using Tiles to play on, or using maps that aren't on the DCI list, everything else fits into the general guidelines for DCI reporting. And we figure the tile thing is just the same as playing in a small portion of a regular map.

However, we always have said that if someone is visiting our LGS and either doesn't want to follow the special builds we'd planned on for that day, or doesn't like the fact that we're 'bending' the rules a bit, we are perfectly fine with playing regular old DCI rules.

At our other LGS, we run quite a few special builds, but usually only do one official DCI tournament per month. The store owner there is a little more leery on the rule 'bending' :lol:

Darth_Sal wrote:
I've been selling on Ebay for years and I can say that if the maps are folded, they should fit into a free Priority Mail envelope (i don't have one here to check the size). If so, you can use the Flat Rate envelope for a standard cost of $4.60 (in the USA). That's pretty good with no cost for the actual shipping materials (envelope/tape/etc).

The only thing I'd be concerned about with this route is sufficiently protecting the maps. If you put them between cardboard or something, that might work fine, but I know our mail deliverer has a tendency to just fold up envelopes like that and stuff them into our mailbox. It'd have to be a pretty stiff envelope with "DO NOT BEND" written all over it. :lol:

Plus, there's really no need to mail it by Priority, so you might check into how much it costs to buy envelopes like that in bulk (like, 50 at a time). Overall it might be cheaper to buy envelopes and mail things by Parcel Post, at least for customers in the US.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:45 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

LoboStele wrote:

The only thing I'd be concerned about with this route is sufficiently protecting the maps. If you put them between cardboard or something, that might work fine, but I know our mail deliverer has a tendency to just fold up envelopes like that and stuff them into our mailbox. It'd have to be a pretty stiff envelope with "DO NOT BEND" written all over it. :lol:

Plus, there's really no need to mail it by Priority, so you might check into how much it costs to buy envelopes like that in bulk (like, 50 at a time). Overall it might be cheaper to buy envelopes and mail things by Parcel Post, at least for customers in the US.

I agree that protection of the maps is important. A single piece of cardboard should be sufficient and not make it too heavy.

As for Priority vs. First Class - $5.00 Priority shipping is fine with me. No gouging there and no material costs to add to the Postage.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next