logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: any idea?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:10 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

g'day folks,

can anyone tell me when to expect the pdf of the new vset?

I'm not being impatient, its just that the aussies are getting smashed in the current ashes series and it is difficult to stay up all night watching it. So I was thinking if I had some cardboard to cut and glue and sort I might be able to bear watching more of my countries butt paddling than I would normaly miss sleep for.

cheers jacko

(for those of you who don't know.."the ashes" is when England and Australia play each other at cricket. 5 test matches, each is 5 days long. The first one was close but England won, the second was not really close at all. So with potentially 15 days of cricket left...)

Post subject: Re: any idea?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:55 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

i think V set 6 is set for release at Gencon which will make it around the 15th of august

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:31 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Any SWM post that references cricket needs to be recognised. Howzat!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:59 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

kezzamachine wrote:

Sorry I didn't know.

I would also like to say sorry for the whole underarm thing. I suppose it was in the rules and would have stayed in the rules until someone used it. So its a good thing that the rules were changed. So I guess it had to happen sometime right?

I'm just sorry that it was us that did it, and did it to you guys. Sorry, very, very sorry.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:57 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

jacko wrote:
kezzamachine wrote:

Sorry I didn't know.

I would also like to say sorry for the whole underarm thing. I suppose it was in the rules and would have stayed in the rules until someone used it. So its a good thing that the rules were changed. So I guess it had to happen sometime right?

I'm just sorry that it was us that did it, and did it to you guys. Sorry, very, very sorry.

...This post made cricket sound more interesting to me than it ever has before. Did your team beat up kezza's family or something?!?

Anyway, the official release date for Command of the Galaxy is GenCon, but the PDF might be going up sooner. There will be a post when it's uploaded.

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:34 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Echo wrote:
...This post made cricket sound more interesting to me than it ever has before. Did your team beat up kezza's family or something?!?

Australia beat New Zealand in a game in 1981 in controversial circumstances - New Zealand needed 6 runs off the last ball to tie the game - to get a 6 you have to hit the ball over the fence on the full. Australia bowled the last ball underarm, so it just rolled down the pitch and the New Zealander couldn't hit it properly. I think it was technically legal - they changed the rules to stop it ever happening again - but was bad sportsmanship: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpIkBTR2jao

jacko wrote:
(for those of you who don't know.."the ashes" is when England and Australia play each other at cricket. 5 test matches, each is 5 days long. The first one was close but England won, the second was not really close at all. So with potentially 15 days of cricket left...)

Sorry, but I think 11 days is more realistic.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:26 am 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

Why not just get a printed set of v set cards?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:15 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Engineer wrote:
Why not just get a printed set of v set cards?

because I don't count. I have never played a competitive game, there is no one anywhere around here to play against (If I am wrong please, please, please let me know) and I cannot afford to donate. My income is zero. nothing, not a brass razoo. Apparently it only take $1 a day to stop a child in Africa from starving and I am less important than them.

I did ask for some copies of the first few vsets but I was still asked by the 'local' pointman to contribute for postage. I complied with the request when I had the smallest of incomes but now that has dwindled to nought.

I don't want any charity, just waiting for the post of the pdf.

cheers dave

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:28 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

besides cutting and sticking cardboard will take some time and this is the point.

11 days is pretty short, Its not like the aussies are teaching ski lankins or the kiwis how the game works.

It should take at least 13 days for us to be completely humiliated.

...until the poms turn up in November to rub some salt into those nearly healed red raw rumps of ours.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:24 am 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

jacko wrote:

because I don't count. I have never played a competitive game, there is no one anywhere around here to play against (If I am wrong please, please, please let me know) and I cannot afford to donate. My income is zero. nothing, not a brass razoo.

I did ask for some copies of the first few vsets but I was still asked by the 'local' pointman to contribute for postage.

The Aust point man should have enough v sets of everything to just mail you sets of it all. Please send me your address and full name. They will also know about all the local players. They will get the latest v set in a few weeks, long shipping to Aust.

I can get you all hooked up. The actual cards are much nicer than anything you can get printed yourself.

Eric