logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Need help with Force 1 Characters Please
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:42 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Hello:
Although I've played Star Wars Minis for quite a while now. I have a question on Force 1 Characters. These Characters have "FORCE 1" on their cards, but Zero abilities relating to using the Force. My question is: Which Force 1 abilities can these Characters use?
When using these characters in the past "house rules for Force 1 abilities were used based on other Characters named force 1 abilities. I would really like to get this clarified so I can start using these characters properly.
Thank-you :DDroid:

Post subject: Re: Need help with Force 1 Characters Please
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:54 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Force Points can be used for Force Powers (like Lightsaber Assault or Force Lightning, etc), but also to do either 1 of these things:
--Reroll an attack or save roll. It's often referred to as a "fprr" (Force Point re-roll).
--Move 2 extra squares as part of the character's movement. Some Force Powers allow you to move further with a Force Point (ie, Knight Speed allows you to move +4 squares, and Master Speed allows you to move +6 squares...there is no Ludicrous Speed yet, but perhaps it's coming :))

So characters with 1 Force Point can choose to spend that FP to reroll or move faster.

However, it's worth remembering that those characters are still considered Force Users, which means that they take more damage from special abilities like Jedi Hunter (+4 attack and +10 damage vs Force Users) and Jedi Hatred (+10 dmg vs Force Users).

Post subject: Re: Need help with Force 1 Characters Please
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:36 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

thereisnotry wrote:
Force Points can be used for Force Powers (like Lightsaber Assault or Force Lightning, etc), but also to do either 1 of these things:
--Reroll an attack or save roll. It's often referred to as a "fprr" (Force Point re-roll).
--Move 2 extra squares as part of the character's movement. Some Force Powers allow you to move further with a Force Point (ie, Knight Speed allows you to move +4 squares, and Master Speed allows you to move +6 squares...there is no Ludicrous Speed yet, but perhaps it's coming :))

So characters with 1 Force Point can choose to spend that FP to reroll or move faster.

However, it's worth remembering that those characters are still considered Force Users, which means that they take more damage from special abilities like Jedi Hunter (+4 attack and +10 damage vs Force Users) and Jedi Hatred (+10 dmg vs Force Users).

Also, a less common application, but still worth mentioning. A force 1 character can also attempt to defeat an enemy force spirit piece.