logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: SWSwiss 2.0.7 - Ready for use
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:04 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Been a while since I've had an update worth adding, but here's the next build of the SWSwiss software:

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B3U78 ... edit?pli=1

Just download the SWSwiss file, and go. Due to some changes, I've managed to be able to reduce some of the extra files required before, and should be back down to a single jar file again.

Also, a bug was pointed out to me that I miseed, in that setting a tie in an X-Wing tournament would not work. I've fixed this problem, and you should be able to enter in tie games for X-Wing without errors being thrown at you.

Also, in order to accomodate for some of the groundwork needed for tournament submission - I've replaced the text fields for Faction and Tournament to drop down lists. For X-Wing Players, this means that there will be about 8 more factions than you'll need and a useless map list until I can implement a way to change this for X-Wing - probably my next goal after printing. For SWM Players, eventually all maps will be added to the list, but may take a bit. I may see if there's also a way to minimize the number of maps to a restricted format.

But with only about a couple of months between now and Gencon, there is one item from the original pairing software that is still missing that I need to add - printing. And that will mean my priorities will be on that and any additional efforts for getting tournament submission to work.

Also, has anyone else had difficulty running the software on Windows 8? I had one person report issues with running the software, but haven't heard from many others.

As always, let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Post subject: Re: SWSwiss 2.0.7 - Ready for use
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:48 pm 
General
General

exiledgamer wrote:
Also, has anyone else had difficulty running the software on Windows 8? I had one person report issues with running the software, but haven't heard from many others.

Apparently, Java in Windows 8 doesn't like being put into the default c:\program files (x86)\ directory; it hates the spaces in the directory name. Uninstalling Java and reinstalling into a c:\Java\ directory did the trick. Awesome program. Thanks for the work you've put into it.

Post subject: Re: SWSwiss 2.0.7 - Ready for use
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:25 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Nice! Glad you were able to get that working, and sharing what the issue was, in case anyone else encounters the same issues.

Otherwise, been a little delayed with the printing phase of my project thanks to a recent basement flood, but that is my next goal. I'll post an update once that version is up and running.