logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: SWSwiss 2.0.5 - Not perfect, but availalbe for download
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:56 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Ok, so after falling off the face of the Earth for about a month...ish, I have a current build of the software available for download:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Simply click this link, click SWSwiss2.0.5.zip (presently the only item there), and once on that page, go to the File menu in the browser page (not the file menu on the browser), and select download. Then just pick a place to download the zip file to, unzip, and enjoy.

If I'm right, any future versions of the software can be viewed and downloaded from that same link in a similar manner, so bookmark the above link for easy reference.

You'll need to run the software from the folder you extract from the zip file, and will require Java 7 to run this, but other than that, it should be easy enough to run.

Some things to remember as far as the software is concerned:

- Player entry requires adding a player name, email address, faction, and squad name (desc.). Map choice is not required, but strongly advised if you are running a Star Wars Miniatures tournament.

- If running an X-Wing tournament, just leave the default fields for player entry if you want, though faction might be useful. Just add 'None' for a Squadname if you don't want to add a Squadname, etc.

-The text box under the 'Victory Type' box is for Map Played. SWM tournaments, be sure to fill that in if it's a ranked tournament. X-Wing tournaments, safe to ignore.

- Submitting tournament results to the ranking system for SWM is still not available. I apologize for this, as I wasn't able to work on the pairing software for a bit, that will be my next big focus, since I have one other issue that I need to resolve before I can continue with development of the software.

- Some of you may have noticed that older saves of data do not work with newer versions of the software. This is a problem that I'm aware of, and I'll be re-evaluating how I save tournament data to file in order to continue development, and not completely negate a new round of valid saves.

The software is still rough around the edges, but the program itself does run, and should allow you to run SWM and X-Wing tournaments fairly easily. I'll post new stable versions of the software as I continue to work on this.

Questions, concerns? Let me know here, or email me at willpiggott@gmail.com.

Post subject: Re: SWSwiss 2.0.5 - Not perfect, but availalbe for download
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:35 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Does it work on Mac?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:47 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

TimmerB123 wrote:
Does it work on Mac?

From what I understand, Apple includes Java in the OS, so depends what build you have and what the Java version is that is included. I'm not sure if you can upgrade the Java version on Mac yourself.

I'm basing this comment on stuff I've read on the Vassal site. Another Mac user may have better info.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:33 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Like swinefeld said, so long as Java 7 is installed on your computer, it should work whether your using Windows, Mac, or Linux. I've tested that the software does run in a Windows and Linux environment, and I suspect that a Mac platform will not have trouble running it.

I'll admit that I don't use Mac OS very much (read: not at all), so I would not be the one to ask. If anyone has a Mac, and can verify if the software does run, or if it fails for a particular reason, let me know.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:11 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

We were just looking at using this for the X-wing mini's tournament locally and noticed that the point values for matches don't match up with the x-wing Fantasy flight ones. 5 points for a full win, 3 for a modified. Is there someway to flip the point values that I'm just not seeing or is this something being integrated into a future version?

Regards,
Sharra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:32 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I'm sure you already heard this, but at MI round 4 we did get a duplicate pairing. It flagged it as a duplicate pairing, but it's odd that it did it. We manually re-paired.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:41 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Thanks!

We used this over the weekend at LowerHuttACon in New Zealand, and it worked fine. It's really nice how it keeps a record of the maps used as well.

We love that you included an option for a 3-1 result, for us NZers, but would it be OK to also add an option for a 2-1 result - I guess it would be called something like Partial Victory (Close Match).

Edit - the other piece of functionality I'd like is - when you export the results at the end to a txt file, could it include the squad names and home maps for each player as well?