logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: V-Set 5 Vassal Extension ready to be downloaded
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:44 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Hey everyone, I've just finished updating the Vassal Extension to include all the new V-Set 5 pieces. Daniel will have the file loaded on SWMResources soon.

--> Before you download the new file, you'll want to first delete the CURRENT file on your computer called "Virtual Sets.mdx". It is likely found in your "Program Files/VASSAL/SWMinis_ext" folder. If you're having problems, send me a PM and I'll respond asap.

I've made a few cool new updates to the file this time:

--I've finally found a way to easily designate if Bastilla's ABM is ON or OFF. Highlight her mini and press CTRL-A to turn it "on," and press CTRL-A again to turn it "off." I figured this would be simpler than typing "ABM On" in her "Condition" bar every-other round.

--I've designed some Condition markers to mark pieces as Corrupted, Burning, Mined, etc. Again, it might be easier to use these than it is to write "Corrupted" in a piece's "Condition" bar. Use them or not as you please.

--For fun, I've added some sounds. For several of the V-Set minis (I'm not done with the WotC pieces yet, but that's coming soon), you can highlight the mini and press CTRL-S to play a sound. If the other players synched to your game have the newest Vassal Extension, they'll be able to hear the sound too. Obviously, I don't have anything for most of the characters that were either not in the movies or had no lines in the movies, but I think I've got something for every V-Set piece that has a line in the movies. This is the case for all the Epic Minis too. If I can say so myself, some of the lines are pretty funny! :lol:

--I've also made some minor cosmetic adjustments all around, to make the minis look better. For example, check out the Tonnika Sisters, who are now plural. Or take a look at the OR Smuggler from V-Set 5, who is crouching behind a "cover screen," just like in the TOR game. Mandalore on Basilisk is now differentiated from his non-unique Basilisks by the blaster-fire coming out of the front of the beast. Stuff like that can add a bit of sparkle, to make your SWM Vassal experience just a little bit more fun.

I plan to upload a new mod (version 11.0 to replace the 10.2 you've got now) in the future (April or so), which will have some other semi-significant improvements: a Squad-Loading feature, sounds for the WotC pieces (I can't wait until you hear the Ugnaught Demolitionist's sound!), and more.

Have fun with it, and may the Force be with you!