logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:05 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

As we ran it, it was only from squad to squad. 1 squad could have as many JWMs as you want, but no other squad could have them in it.

It was a real blast when we played it here. The only downer was that we were really pushed for time. This next year i think we will only do three rounds of each format instead of four (100, 150, 200) to give us more time for each game.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:59 am 
The Godfather
The Godfather

Sithdragon13 wrote:
What would you guys think about having a running the quad event at gencon? It would be perfect as a four round event.

Round 1 - dynamic duo
Round 2 - 100pt
Round 3 - 150pt
Round 4 - 200 pt

standard Ironman rules. No repeating uniques, commanders, or non-uniques over 15pts (printed). Maps would most likely be DCI for each point value.

This is a cool idea. Our problem will be time. We will have the championship, a 100,150 and 200 pointer. On top of that, I am sure WOTC and Pastimes will want a sealed event, especially with KOTOR coming out the 8th. I would like to leave some time for you guys to play league this year and a couple of fun, less stressful events like Tile Wars, Dynamic Duo.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:57 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Moses2813 wrote:
I would like to leave some time for you guys to play league this year and a couple of fun, less stressful events like Tile Wars, Dynamic Duo.

And of course, the AT-AT event...

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject: Re: GenCon 2008 planning update
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:03 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Here is some info about badge registration...it is coming soon!!! :r2line: (if you haven't received an e-mail from gencon). A 4 day badge is $65
Remember that you MUST be registered and get the special "housing code" to register for rooms around the convention center
for more info go to http://www.gencon.com/2008/indy/

Event registration is also coming soon! This is out of the e-mail that they sent.
February 3rd! The submission process won’t be too different this year, though we’ve improved how we will be reviewing events to make it faster and smoother.

Unfortunately, due to construction, we will be losing nearly 30,000 sq ft of event space within the convention center and the remaining space will be at a premium. Submit your events early to secure the space you want.

# Badge pre-registration commences 2/03/08 at 12:00PM (PST) and ends 6/22/08, at 11:59:59PM (PST).
# Pre-registration will only be available online through the registration system.
# If you have any inquiries regarding Customer Service, please call our office at 1-800-529-3976 ext. 106 or you may email us at customerservice@gencon.com. A staff member will be glad to assist you. Please keep in mind that our office is located in Seattle, WA, therefore we are on Pacific Standard Time, 7 AM - 4 PM
# During the convention all inquiries can be made at the Customer Service kiosk.
# We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express for payment. Checks and Money Orders are not accepted at any time.
# Everyone attending Gen Con Indy must purchase a badge. A badge allows you entrance to the show, admittance to the Exhibit Hall, Art Show, Anime events, seminars, and any events happening in the public areas which does not require an event ticket.
# We do not have parent badges, shopper badges, professional badges, etc. All attendee's must purchase a badge.
# Children 8 and under are free but require a badge and must be accompanied by an Adult or Guardian with a badge. Child's information can be registered at Customer Service or Badge Registration.
# Badges will be shipped within the first three weeks after the end of pre-registration period. Please provide your mailing address and valid name (please do not use any aliases).
# If you are sending a badge to another person's house, make sure you fill out "CARE OF" field in the account setup. We are not responsible for returned mail due to incorrect information. If your badge is returned due to address/name discrepancies it will be available for pick up at Will-Call.
# If you do not receive your package by August 1st, please contact the Customer Service manager, via email at customerservice@gencon.com or call 800-529-3976 ext. 106.
# Badges held at will-call can be picked up at the (Indianapolis Convention Center) Will-Call kiosk. All pre-registration badges are personalized. A valid state or government photo ID is required in order to pick up your badge at Will-Call.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:52 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Moses2813 wrote:
Sithdragon13 wrote:
What would you guys think about having a running the quad event at gencon? It would be perfect as a four round event.

Round 1 - dynamic duo
Round 2 - 100pt
Round 3 - 150pt
Round 4 - 200 pt

standard Ironman rules. No repeating uniques, commanders, or non-uniques over 15pts (printed). Maps would most likely be DCI for each point value.

This is a cool idea. Our problem will be time. We will have the championship, a 100,150 and 200 pointer. On top of that, I am sure WOTC and Pastimes will want a sealed event, especially with KOTOR coming out the 8th. I would like to leave some time for you guys to play league this year and a couple of fun, less stressful events like Tile Wars, Dynamic Duo.

I like the idea of this Ironman event. I don't know what the four day schedule is looking like, but I would assume that the championship event will be on Saturday, and takes up all day. I like the idea of having Sunday as more of a stress free day with Dynamic Dous, Hoth, Tiles wars, Utinni, or whatever. That still leaves all day Thursday and Friday. Last year I believe there were 150 point tournaments on both Thursday and Friday. One of these could easily be swapped out with the Irom man tournament.

Just my opinion