SWMGAMERS.com Forums
http://swmgamers.com/forums/

January 15th, 2013 Floor Rules Update (revised)
http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16019
Page 3 of 3

Author:  jonnyb815 [ Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: January 15th, 2013 Floor Rules Update (revised)

yes but you took out the WOTC maps which on paper is a great idea and limiting what maps you can play on.

The problem is not fully the Floor rules its that things are not easy to find.

But you have to look deeper

Local play, New players, Old players.

what needs to happen?
Link all the PDF for Vsets in one spot
Link PDF in a lower res with a watermark
Link to the floor rules

All of this in one spot

Right now we have three sites and its just a mess to find stuff.
The heart of the problem I dont believe is the with the floor rules is that its hard to find stuff if your a new player,old playr or dont know what the hell is going on(me).

I would easy willing to buy the maps and go non WOTC but its so hard to find links that are updated.

Author:  The_Celestial_Warrior [ Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: January 15th, 2013 Floor Rules Update (revised)

jonnyb815 wrote:
what needs to happen?
Link all the PDF for Vsets in one spot
Link PDF in a lower res with a watermark
Link to the floor rules

All of this in one spot

Right now we have three sites and its just a mess to find stuff.


Wow, this I can absolutely agree with. Not sure your thoughts on why a watermark is needed, but yeah that would be helpful indeed.

Seems like you offered this once before, along with a myriad of other things.

Author:  swinefeld [ Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: January 15th, 2013 Floor Rules Update (revised)

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
jonnyb815 wrote:
what needs to happen?
Link all the PDF for Vsets in one spot
Link PDF in a lower res with a watermark
Link to the floor rules

All of this in one spot

Right now we have three sites and its just a mess to find stuff.


Wow, this I can absolutely agree with. Not sure your thoughts on why a watermark is needed, but yeah that would be helpful indeed.

Seems like you offered this once before, along with a myriad of other things.


Um, pretty much the only thing currently missing from http://www.swmresources.com is a copy of the full Floor Rules document. Everything is on the front page.

I take that back, he hasn't relinked the Glossary/FAQ/Errata etc yet. That's the main thing missing (and updating those fully through the v-sets is being worked on, albeit rather slowly at the moment)

Author:  Echo [ Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: January 15th, 2013 Floor Rules Update (revised)

swinefeld wrote:
I take that back, he hasn't relinked the Glossary/FAQ/Errata etc yet. That's the main thing missing (and updating those fully through the v-sets is being worked on, albeit rather slowly at the moment)


Yeah, my plan was to wait for the all-encompassing Glossary/FAQ that is being worked on. Maybe I should just put back up what we had, despite it being woefully incomplete.

There also isn't a floor rules document because that doesn't really exist. It's only been disseminated via forum posts. If Brad wants to create and send me that document then I would be happy to host it.

I still have to re-do all the menus and the logo and such, but the important files themselves are there.

Author:  swinefeld [ Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: January 15th, 2013 Floor Rules Update (revised)

Echo wrote:
swinefeld wrote:
I take that back, he hasn't relinked the Glossary/FAQ/Errata etc yet. That's the main thing missing (and updating those fully through the v-sets is being worked on, albeit rather slowly at the moment)


Yeah, my plan was to wait for the all-encompassing Glossary/FAQ that is being worked on. Maybe I should just put back up what we had, despite it being woefully incomplete.

There also isn't a floor rules document because that doesn't really exist. It's only been disseminated via forum posts. If Brad wants to create and send me that document then I would be happy to host it.

I still have to re-do all the menus and the logo and such, but the important files themselves are there.


Floor rules doc is at the v-set FB group under files, or you can grab it from my file share (link in sig) under Rules.

I think the Errata doc can be brought up to date quickly (even if it will be combined later). I'll see if I can get that done soon.

Author:  Echo [ Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: January 15th, 2013 Floor Rules Update (revised)

What do you know, dunno how I didn't have that already. Anyway, I've uploaded that file and there is a link on the main page of www.SWMResources.com

Author:  swinefeld [ Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: January 15th, 2013 Floor Rules Update (revised)

Echo wrote:
What do you know, dunno how I didn't have that already. Anyway, I've uploaded that file and there is a link on the main page of http://www.SWMResources.com


Somehow you linked to the 2012 version.

Author:  Echo [ Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: January 15th, 2013 Floor Rules Update (revised)

Whoops. Fixed.

Author:  The_Celestial_Warrior [ Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: January 15th, 2013 Floor Rules Update (revised)

Yeah, I always make a word document and send it to whomever asks for it and request someone put it on the front page. I will send it to you from now on Daniel.

Author:  jonnyb815 [ Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: January 15th, 2013 Floor Rules Update (revised)

This just creates more problems. Why can't we just use the main page and as your resource and not another site.

This whole having to go to 3 different sites and p having to go to this site or that site for map links to buy stuff is silly.

Author:  The_Celestial_Warrior [ Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: January 15th, 2013 Floor Rules Update (revised)

jonnyb815 wrote:
This just creates more problems. Why can't we just use the main page and as your resource and not another site.

This whole having to go to 3 different sites and p having to go to this site or that site for map links to buy stuff is silly.



Not really.

This site is a forum.

SWMResources is...well, exactly that.

Author:  DarthJawa [ Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: January 15th, 2013 Floor Rules Update (revised)

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
jonnyb815 wrote:
This just creates more problems. Why can't we just use the main page and as your resource and not another site.

This whole having to go to 3 different sites and p having to go to this site or that site for map links to buy stuff is silly.



Not really.

This site is a forum.

SWMResources is...well, exactly that.


and realy having to go to somone elses site to buy their maps is not unreasonable either. That is kind of normal considering our map guys make maps for other games too.

Author:  DarthJawa [ Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: January 15th, 2013 Floor Rules Update (revised)

also for that matter going to bloomilk for its squad builder isnt unreasonable either. The sites are funded and owned by different people and have been created for different purposes. YEs bloo milk has forumns but i do believe its main purpose is the builder.

Author:  jonnyb815 [ Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: January 15th, 2013 Floor Rules Update (revised)

Really brad

So you want everything everywhere
This is bull.

Author:  The_Celestial_Warrior [ Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: January 15th, 2013 Floor Rules Update (revised)

jonnyb815 wrote:
Really brad

So you want everything everywhere
This is bull.



Despite the tediousness of your recent tirades and the incredibly thin ice you are on with me, I'll attempt one more time to resolve this, by restating my above statement.

SWMResources has, or will have, everything you need to know to play competitively.

That's exactly why you want....well, today anyway, tomorrow may be something else.

So what if there are 2 other websites...those are forums. One tends to me more competitive in nature, the other casual.

That's healthy right there.

Author:  LeftiesWillRule [ Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: January 15th, 2013 Floor Rules Update (revised)

After poring over all three available versions to ensure that my own personal Word-document version of the maplist is correct, I have discovered a few errors that should be corrected.

Smuggler's Base is absent from the maplist on both the this thread, and on the 2013 Floor Rules PDF. The maplist at SWMresources (the one that includes pictures of each map) has Smuggler's base listed as Standard.

Both this thread and the Floor Rules PDF mistakenly labeled the Security Deck as belonging to Battle Stations II when it belongs to Battle Stations I. The maplist at SWMResources is missing both the Security Deck and the Hangar Deck from its summary, but it does include both the Security Deck and the Hangar Deck correctly in the Standard List in the portion that shows images of each map.

Page 3 of 3 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/