logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: Community Vset Fringe Project 1 Process
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:49 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
I think when we have a first draft agreed upon we can do some serious playtesting with them. Changes will be based on that. They could be minor tweaks or they could be bigger.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:11 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Basically I was just suggesting that when it comes time to tweak concentrate on Cost, Multi-Attack abilities, and CE Beneficiaries first.

Larger changes would certainly be possible, however I personally feel they should try to be as limited as possible (sometimes that's not really an option though - such as a rules issue or potential abuse).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:48 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
So the stat blocks we are running with are:

Sarlacc. Cost 28
Hp 150
Def 16
Atk +8
Dam 10

Special Abilities
Melee, melee reach 3, quadruple atk, emplacement, indiscriminate, savage, stealth, Advantagous cover, clamp, resiliant,

Sarlacc: Does not provide cover. Each time a character moves out of a square within 3 squares of this character on its own turn, you place it adjacent to this character and it ends its move, save 11. An adjacent character that activates takes 30 damage, save 11 for 10 damage.

Trandoshan Hunt Master
Cost: 25
Hit Points: 70
Defense: 16
Attack: 8
Damage: 20

SA:
Bounty Hunter +2 (+2 Attack against Unique enemies)
Double Claw Attack (On his turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving; both attacks must be against adjacent enemies)
Rend +10 (If both of his attacks hit the same adjacent enemy, this character's second attack gets +10 Damage)
Regeneration 10 (If this character doesn't move on his turn, remove 10 damage from him at the end of that turn)
Ambush (This character can move and then make all its attacks against 1 enemy who has not activated this round)
Clan (Allied Trandoshans gain Bounty Hunter +2)

CE:
Bounty Hunter followers within 6 gain Ambush

Any tweaks that need to be addressed or we are good for these as first drafts?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:43 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

I don't like the CE on the THM too much. It could be changed to non-Uniques, but that really wouldn't help a whole lot of figs.

All that it takes for evil to thrive is for good men to do nothing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:59 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I love the CE. On non-unique bounty hunters it would blow, because they all suck and the Devarion Bounty Hunter is the only one with Double without CE help.

I can't wait to play test this.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:06 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Well the Kel Dor is pretty damn good, but again you need either Flobi, Vader LotF or the Exile to give them Double- not counting Gonks they are too terrible. Exile already has access to Revanchist who is a little more than the THM but is way better.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:09 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

How does Extra interact with Double Claw? Does TBH and Bossk get to attack 3 times if adjacent but only twice if not?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:32 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

R5Don4 wrote:
How does Extra interact with Double Claw? Does TBH and Bossk get to attack 3 times if adjacent but only twice if not?

That is correct.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:36 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

If you had double and get an extra atk, then with ambush you would atk 3x. However rend would be considered on the first two. So you can't hit, miss, hit and still get rend+10.
This is how I believe it to work.

For the Sarlacc, minor tweaks, IMO should be triple, instead of quad. And maybe lose resiliant (but that could be decided by playtests, I suppose)

Ps - I think you counted wrong in the vote tally for Sarlacc. Not that it matters at all cause line C won anyways. But I counted 13 for C, not 12.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:22 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

R5Don4 wrote:
I love the CE. On non-unique bounty hunters it would blow, because they all suck and the Devarion Bounty Hunter is the only one with Double without CE help.

Don't forget that the Trandoshan Mercs would gain Ambush as well via BH from Clan. Of course, they could only Ambush if they're hiding behind a wall or something.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:22 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

actually it will be kind of cool for the mandalorian bounty hunter to gain ambush.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:31 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

R5Don4 wrote:

I'd prefer it for Non-Uniques as well but, outside of CEs, only a handful exist. Mando BH being one.

Most that benefit (right now) are the family Fett. Then you have Djas Puhr, Calo Nord, Zam Wessel and Jodo Kast. Add in the new BH's (biggest example: Morrigan Corde) with CE help and you can get an idea. But that's where play testing comes in.

I will say "thank you" for allowing me to present my idea for the THM and, by extension, Jaggernath Points (Hunter's Boon, Scorekeeper's blessing, etc.)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:39 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

As I stated in the Discussion Thread for the Hunt Master:

I like granting Ambush to: Trandos, Djas Puhr, Jodo Kast, Dev BH, Boba Young Merc, Bossk(s), Calo Nord, Jango Fett, Boba Fett, and Cade Skywalker BH.

Not so sure about Mando BH, Durge JH, Jango BH, and Boba Merc

Playtesting will determine if it's too abusive as is, if so I would suggest limiting it to Fringe. Biggest concern is definitely Durge and the Mando as even Boba isn't so bad with ambush when you consider the GMA/Double/Twin attackers like Rex that are far cheaper. Adding in the trando and Whorm with Boba, merc is over half the squad so I'm thinking that's not going to be so much of an issue.

As for the Sarlacc one thing I'd like is limited to one per squad as they were rare and launched seeds into space to inhabit other planets not reseeding the same planet. There's other things I'm not in support of, but C won so I will respect the wishes of the vote and let those go.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:45 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Markedman247 wrote:
I will say "thank you" for allowing me to present my idea for the THM and, by extension, Jaggernath Points (Hunter's Boon, Scorekeeper's blessing, etc.)

No, thank you for presenting the idea! There is some potential for an outstanding (or at least very cool) piece to come out of those concepts. I didn't vote for it, only because I wasn't feeling it for the piece altogether and also didn't think giving the ability to non-unique Trandoshan's would do any good. Even if they did kill somebody higher than their point cost they aren't going to live long enough to get any use out of the boost. Now put that on a new Bossk (not that we need one) and you could have some amazing flavor! Hopefully the right piece will present itself and those concepts can be flshed out and utilized.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:23 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

GalacticFunk wrote:
Markedman247 wrote:

No, thank you for presenting the idea! There is some potential for an outstanding (or at least very cool) piece to come out of those concepts. I didn't vote for it, only because I wasn't feeling it for the piece altogether and also didn't think giving the ability to non-unique Trandoshan's would do any good. Even if they did kill somebody higher than their point cost they aren't going to live long enough to get any use out of the boost. Now put that on a new Bossk (not that we need one) and you could have some amazing flavor! Hopefully the right piece will present itself and those concepts can be flshed out and utilized.

Just keep that ability in mind if Qyzen Fess (SW The Old Republic Trandoshan companion) comes up on the list. That was his big deal.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:29 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Lord_Ball wrote:
As I stated in the Discussion Thread for the Hunt Master:

I like granting Ambush to: Trandos, Djas Puhr, Jodo Kast, Dev BH, Boba Young Merc, Bossk(s), Calo Nord, Jango Fett, Boba Fett, and Cade Skywalker BH.

Not so sure about Mando BH, Durge JH, Jango BH, and Boba Merc

Playtesting will determine if it's too abusive as is, if so I would suggest limiting it to Fringe. Biggest concern is definitely Durge and the Mando as even Boba isn't so bad with ambush when you consider the GMA/Double/Twin attackers like Rex that are far cheaper. Adding in the trando and Whorm with Boba, merc is over half the squad so I'm thinking that's not going to be so much of an issue.

se to me durge and the mando bounty hunter are some of the best pieces to play with it. sure it boosts all the others, and transdoshans come a long way up, but i think urge might see some play with him, the mando bounty hunter is still pretty expensive , but i think it is a good boo0st for them and something that i would actually abdicate for in mandos if not here.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:33 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I think these are good to go for playtesting. I think the Trandoshan could use an affinity for non-unique Trandoshans... while he gives a nice boost, I don't think it's going to be enough to breathe new life into them.

A couple of things to test on the Trandoshan...

Boba Merc, Whorm, MTB + Spotter could be a rather overwhelming combo. 120dmg with 12 squares of movement at the beginning of the round. Possibly more.

Likewise for Durge... with Whorm, MTB, he'd also be at 120dmg. Actually - at 180dmg and +17 versus force users. And that's before any spotters get involved. Although he'd only be able to move 6 since he doesn't have Intuition like Boba Merc.

With the Sarlacc...
New Caedus with a Sarlacc (maybe 2?).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:09 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

DarthJawa wrote:
se to me durge and the mando bounty hunter are some of the best pieces to play with it. sure it boosts all the others, and transdoshans come a long way up, but i think urge might see some play with him, the mando bounty hunter is still pretty expensive , but i think it is a good boo0st for them and something that i would actually abdicate for in mandos if not here.

They are merely concerns that play testing will justify or prove unfounded. Biggest concern is that they will be the much preferred choice (especially the mando) leaving the other figures in still far in the dust. Limiting it to Fringe creates Boba, Merc as a preferential choice, but I think it may also make Cade a preferential option as well (which would be good IMO) and entice squads to include cheaper less used BHs to prevent a 1 trick pony squad (also good). Since the Mandos aren't unique that doesn't apply to them that way.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:10 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I think the within 6 is really going to help keep it from getting too crazy with Whorm who has to rely on Mouse Droids so he's really going to have to blanket the board before he can get a real deep strike going.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:17 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Re: Sarlaac
Is the size open to play testing or was it detemined? Large or huge?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next