logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post subject: Re: Community Vset Fringe Project 1 Process
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:52 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Johnny, plz by all means make a suggestion. I had little to no input on this stat line, I would have liked to been but I only had time to concentrate heavily on 1 of the pieces, which was the Sarlacc.

I liked the idea of Ambush on Trandoshans cause they all have double claw with rend (a hard ability to use). I figured you might actually get to use double claw and rend if you have ambush. But if it's not going to work or synergise well with anything else then plz, if you have an idea, I'm all ears.
I hope you don't feel that I have not been listening to you. I've been trying to listen to everyone but like I said, I didn't have much input with the THM untill this part.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:09 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Personally, it synergizes pretty well with quite a few things. It's just that the main first example, with Durge JH, or any unique BHs, in a Sep squad is not necessarily the best option due to one piece in V5. The Trandoshans with the Crimson Nova Guild Leader (giving out JH to non-unique BH's) is still a valid choice for Seps to test, imo. Just don't worry too much about Durge, as he will be fine without the Hunt Master.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:05 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

The problem is that he has two builds right now

With his species

With seps because of whorm

That being said What about him giving a Garm and double CE to Bounty hunters but cant be used with Twin. My idea is that You get moving Bounty Hunters that can do double triple attacks but dont gain Twin. This means they will work better in other factions than just Seps or a Fringe build. (yes I know you could double stick someone then.)
I know it would be wordy and a little more powerful then Ambush in a way. But since Twin cant be used I think its about the same. Cost him in the mid 30's.

Or what about a Cleave SA that can be used with shooters for BH?

What about that +1/+1 if they kill something SA?

I am not saying Ambush is the not the right way to go but after you do a few builds and playtests which I can post the CE is pretty limiting. The overall CE is pretty limiting because not that many Bounty Hunters have double. If they do have it the best way to max them out is with the seps. The last problem is that not many of them at the lower cost are that great second/third attackers that will stay around more than one round.

Yes you can put him in a OR or Republic or Sith faction but thats close to 75-100 just to do that.

I know we are just building a support piece. I think having at least 2-4 good builds like the TBSV would be the right direction.

Thats my take on the CE problem.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:45 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sithborg wrote:
sthlrd2 wrote:
Sarlacc. Cost 23
Hp 150
Def 16
Atk +8
Dam 10

Special Abilities
Melee, melee reach 3, double atk, emplacement, savage, stealth, Advantagous cover, clamp, resiliant,

Sarlacc: Does not provide cover. Each time a character moves out of a square within 3 squares of this character, you place it adjacent to this character and it ends its move, save 11. When an adjacent character activates, it takes 30 damage; on a save 11, reduce the damage to 10 .

I playtested these stats in 3 games today. They seem fine and not to much or to little. I would like to see others Playtest results. I'm trying to stay neutral (which I think I am being) but part of me feels biased since it was my stat line. As I said before I encourage more Playtests and would like to see others Playtest results. I think our time is almost here to submit these to the design team. I have the date of either the 17th, or the 21st stuck in my head. If I'm wrong on that please let me know. It seems like everyone just kinda stopped this project as I havnt seen any posts or Playtest results on here in a while. That is why I didn't do a full write up. No point in typing it all out except my findings if no one else is interested.

P.s. RM: huge crab droid.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:51 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Anyone have anything to add? Submit Playtest reports? Monday is the deadline to have this in. I'm just wondering if anyone is involved in this project anymore or if I am finishing it myself. If you wish to bring something up or help me finish this project then speak now or forever hold your peace.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:24 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I think the "on its own turn" is an important part of the Sarlacc SA. That language allows an ability like Levitation to pull an ally out of the Sarlacc, which I think should be possible.

Sorry for coming back so late - perhaps too late for it to matter. I missed that change earlier, and then I didn't log in for a long time while things were quiet here.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:34 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

A little late. I submitted stats on Monday.
I made the change after several Playtests showed it was to much of a negative and would hurt the Sarlacc more as it was almost useless that way. Plus I wanted to follow suit with how mines works as that is a similar ability (the only similar ability, I believe.). I think it's more important to follow suit and what will be better gameplay wise, which the changes I made were made after several Playtests showed.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:12 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

sthlrd2 wrote:
A little late. I submitted stats on Monday.
I made the change after several Playtests showed it was to much of a negative and would hurt the Sarlacc more as it was almost useless that way. Plus I wanted to follow suit with how mines works as that is a similar ability (the only similar ability, I believe.). I think it's more important to follow suit and what will be better gameplay wise, which the changes I made were made after several Playtests showed.

It's already so different from Mines that I don't think it matters if 'on its own turn' is added. (Sarlacc is "Moves out of" instead of "moves into", and is movement instead of damage. A second part of the SA that causes damage.)

Thanks for the playtest reports. We'll see what the committee/formal playtesting does with it. I hope it shows up in a future Vset.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6