logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next

Post subject: Re: Do you want to make a piece for a v-set?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:42 am 
Intelligence Operative
Intelligence Operative

+ 1 Sarlacc

Also my take on Gamorrean

Gammorean Boss
18, hp 70, def 14, atk 8, dmg 20
Melee attack
Rapport 4 for Gamorreans
Momentum
Overwhelming power
Mighty swing
Vibro Axe (living enemies hit by this characters attack are now bleeding, [similar to burning])
Doctrine of Obedience (non-unique followers within 6 squares gain +4 attack)
CE
Allied Gammoreans gain vibro axe and overwhelming power

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:09 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Jabba's Dancer (RM Aayla Secura)

Cost: 8
Melee Attack
30 HP
6 Attack
16 Defense
10 Damage
Cunning attack +20. +4 to attack and 20 damage when attacking a character that has not activated this turn.
Affinity: Cost 1 less when in squad with a character named Jabba the Hutt or a character named Bib Fortuna
Distraction: Males of any species lose +4 to Def/Attack when within 6 squares of this dancer. Also, Males of any species gain Speed 4 when within 6 squares or when moving within 6 squares of this character. Characters named Luke Skywalker are unaffected by Distraction.
Confident Aggression: Gains +4 to attack when attacking a male character of any species

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:30 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

WacoBlaze wrote:
Confident Aggression: Gains +4 to attack when attacking a male character of any species

Yeah, that's never going to happen.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:33 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
because there is no gender stat?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:42 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Why wouldn't or couldn't it happen? It is obvious whom is a male and with the dancers' tremendous beauty most males are at their whim. Besides, there are very few females in the SW universe so most everyone would be game. Additionally, it would be nice to have a new female piece as there are not often many aside from well known female minis we already have to play. This piece would not be a gamechanger obviously, but would be a nice piece to use with the new Jabba and make people a bit more hesitant to swarm his throne emplacement.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:50 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
You could always just change the word "Male" to "Living" as that is a defined game term. The ladies just get effected like the guys, they just can't help themselves. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:16 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

We are not retroactively adding Gender to all pieces.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:27 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

At this early stage Scott, not an issue. We are just trying to come up with names for the 2 pieces. When we are developing new SA's your insight will be invaluable, for now though unless it is something fundamentally flawed beyond repair we don't need negative commentary.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:50 am 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

WacoBlaze wrote:
This piece would not be a gamechanger obviously, but would be a nice piece to use with the new Jabba and make people a bit more hesitant to swarm his throne emplacement.

Who wants to swarm his throne in the first place? "Just shoot him or something". With his 13 defense, your going to hit why get close just to get sent back to your starting area? I would shoot at him anyways with or without a jabbas dancer mini.

On another note. The Sarlac idea could be fun but I was thinking the Sarlac would be more of an epic idea.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:03 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

R5Don4 wrote:
At this early stage Scott, not an issue. We are just trying to come up with names for the 2 pieces. When we are developing new SA's your insight will be invaluable, for now though unless it is something fundamentally flawed beyond repair we don't need negative commentary.

Not negative commentary. That is me, in my role as rules adivisor, saying an idea will not happen. I'm staying away from the actual stats, but if ideas are going to be posted, it is my responsibility to shoot down the ones that won't happen.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:19 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

sthlrd2 wrote:
On another note. The Sarlac idea could be fun but I was thinking the Sarlac would be more of an epic idea.

Sarlacc's a great idea, but I do tend to agree with the epicness of the piece. I guess we could try to create a 100-point non-unique fringe and put it in the regular set, but I think it seems more natural for it to be in the epic set.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:39 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I think a Winged Sarlacc (or Rancor) would be Epic territory. Regular Sarlacc from the Pit of Carkoon, I have a hard time imagining a playable piece costing 100+. It can be pricey sure, and you don't want it to be weak of course. Probably something around 50 points to hold Gambit, weak against high damage shooters, dangerous to all Melee. The Epics are something else entirely, with piles of unique and powerful SA's. We don't have to make the Epic version.

Wizards even made a Sarlacc Tile. Remember this?:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:09 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Interesting - I would actually think of it as being more dangerous to shooters. Being in a pit, I would think you'd have to be within a certain distance to even target it, and then a lightsaber would be useful in slicing the tentacles - more useful than a blaster anyway. You're right, though, it wouldn't have to be epic. +1 to sarlacc.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:14 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Well it could have DR which Lightsabers ignore. Anyway, I'm just glad we've found something that has sparked multiple imaginations.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:42 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

FlyingArrow wrote:
dreadtech wrote:
Well see him more like Mariss Brood. Plus there are other characters who have been on a faction and fringe such as Aurra, Jango, Lando.
At the end of the day its my character, if you and others don't like it don't support it. I will not take it personally :)

Okay - I could see that, assuming he's more of a 'fend for myself' type person now that he's on his own. The people who have fringe while also having a faction version are those who work with a faction but would ally with anyone for the right price (or to save their own skin). Not really a Jedi trait, but I could see a purge survivor going that route. I think Maris Brood is Fringe because she was a Jedi but turned to the dark side. If she stayed light, I think she would've been Rebel/Republic like the others. At any rate, I see the case for a fringe Jedi purge survivor.

No, not a fend or out for himself, more just has not met up with other rebels yet.

Anyway WOTC never did set a precedent as claimed, for every Jax type character that is used to prove such a thing there are others to prove otherwise. E.G Mariss or better yet Lando as Tamtel Skreej. At that point in time he was clearly a Rebel but was put as fringe. Also you can't use the point he was disguised as a fringer because Leia as Boushh was put in the rebel faction. I think to many try to use what WOTC did, when really they never gave it that much thought. So personally I think the design team should go with whats right for them. If they see the character I did as more rebel than fringe they they will just not consider it as a candidate for the set. That, or it just wont get the +1s needed from the community to get in the set if the community also see him/her as republic/rebel.

I am glad you have at least tried to see what I was trying to do with the character, but I just wanted to point out my thoughts when i came up with the character.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:42 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I came up with these a while ago and they seem to fit the theme of this contest. They play off of the existing WotC piece, Czerka Scientist, while expanding the playability of existing game mechanics. Feedback, as always, is welcome.

Merr-Sonn Scientist 15  
Hit Points: 10
Defense: 14
Attack: 6
Damage: 10
Base: Medium
Special Abilities
Heavy Weapon Upgrade (Allies with Heavy Weapon within 6 squares gain Extra Attack and Splash 10.)
Missile Launcher Upgrade (Allies within 6 squares deal damage to enemies up to 2 squares away from their target when they use a Missile special ability.)

One of the largest arms manufacturers in the galaxy, Merr-Sonn provided everything from security cameras to starship-grade weapons for the right amount of credits.

BlasTech Scientist 15  
Hit Points: 10
Defense: 15
Attack: 5
Damage: 10
Base: Medium
Special Abilities
Grenade Launcher Upgrade (Allies within 6 squares gain double the printed range when using a Grenade special ability.)
Sniper Rifle Upgrade (Allies with Sniper within 6 squares gain +4 Attack when targeting enemies greater than 6 squares away.)

Winner of YMTS XL: Double Agents - Trooper Davin Felth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:00 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Black Sun Weapons Technician

I'd like a Black Sun piece that gives out twin to Black Sun pieces with 10 damage. Something that's more robust than a Czerka - not necessarily super-beefy, but at least 30 or 50 HP, or stealth, or something. I feel like Black Sun are close to being a strong sub-faction, and just need an extra little push.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:58 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

TheHutts wrote:
Black Sun Weapons Technician

I'd like a Black Sun piece that gives out twin to Black Sun pieces with 10 damage. Something that's more robust than a Czerka - not necessarily super-beefy, but at least 30 or 50 HP, or stealth, or something. I feel like Black Sun are close to being a strong sub-faction, and just need an extra little push.

Perhaps something a little less specific to allow for a broader appeal and impact on the game.

BLACK MARKET WEAPONS DEALER

This would allow for a design that can help Black Sun and anything else the community deems fit. Zann Consortium? Smugglers? Jabba?

Winner of YMTS XL: Double Agents - Trooper Davin Felth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:50 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Ok then, here goes...

Zann Consortium Majordomo
Gran Thug

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:58 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I'm going to lump all those Weapon Upgrade characters into a single entry with a +1 thus far. We don't need to get into exact specifics yet and they are all very similar. You should have seen what the Squib Trader was selling on his first draft appearance. :?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next