logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post subject: Re: Do you want to make a piece for a v-set?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:23 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

The rules discussion has taken more posts than I thought. In order to not overwhelm this thread any more than it already has, I started a new thread for that purpose:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15879&start=0

I'll also post out decisions in the first entry there for easy reference.

Note to everyone: R5Don4 and I have done most of the talking about process, but the process itself is also decided by the community. If you have ideas, please post them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:25 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Since you're only looking for votes on the names then you need to edit the first post with just the list of submitted names (no +1, +5, etc.)
this gives people a comprehensive list to look at for voting purposes rather than searching pages of entries to find vote worthy ones.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:37 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
I think people should be able to edit their votes as long as they quote them to bring them up to the end of the thread. As this is a manual process, we can't expect who ever is maintaining the list to go looking through page after page seeing if people have changed their votes.

As far as the fairness of narrowing the field, we are only going to have 2 minis in the end. It's not like we will have a dozen that will allow for multiple niches to be filled. If there is not enough enthusiasm for more than one person other than the entrant to get on board with it, how is it worth discussing as a possibility for the final 2. Votes aren't limited at this point, if someone sees something they think is a good idea, but think oh hey it has already been paid mild interest, it's a lock, they shouldn't be disappointed if it might not make it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:40 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
Lord_Ball wrote:
Since you're only looking for votes on the names then you need to edit the first post with just the list of submitted names (no +1, +5, etc.)
this gives people a comprehensive list to look at for voting purposes rather than searching pages of entries to find vote worthy ones.

Well, that's fair. I won't have a problem doing that for the short list, but I'm not too crazy about going back now and doing it. For the present list, I followed the age old what do you want to see thread format.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:45 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

R5Don4 wrote:
This is a collaborative project not a contest, but it looks like our competitive nature as gamers is working against us.

Strong in the force you are. Clear your path appears.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:57 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

LESHIPPY wrote:
R5Don4 wrote:
This is a collaborative project not a contest, but it looks like our competitive nature as gamers is working against us.

Strong in the force you are. Clear your path appears.

Sure... but thats the nature. As it goes, we have more than a say than ever on these peaces, and lots of people will want to make sure their say is the loudest. Some of us have specific pieces we've been pushing for since the introduction of the game *cough-ewok-catapult-cough*, so it becomes some what of a game of trying to sell everyone on those pieces you most want. So, I can't say i'm surprised, or blame anyone who wants to be more aggressive. It may not be a competition, but their certainly is something at stake.

Any how... i think this is really cool. Are my wants going to make it? Most likely not, but it is cool to hear the community out, and see what we can come up with. Even if the things I want don't make it, it sounds like i'll at least have some input on what does... and i think a pretty cool opportunity too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:25 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I did not mean to disrespect any entries, by suggesting that they may need more than a +1 to make the short list. I was thinking of how best to handle the unwieldy task of debating a very long list of possibilities on the short list. Also remember anyone can rescind their support for a piece at any point, so if someone is into an idea they shouldn't hold back their support.
Until a few hours ago, when the VSDSS clarified it was indeed going to be up to us to create the rules of deciding the final two, it was not unreasonable to expect the chance that whichever entries got the most interest would be the final choices. Now we've got the ok to close submissions and focus on deciding. Whatever the group decides, we should be flexible enough to respect.

There are still many more days for entries to be allowed and voices to be heard. It is not entirely unlikely of us having 200+ entries, which is fantastic, I hope it is more. To face a short list of 100 though, because of a small arbitrary rule ok'd by a couple people who happened to chime in on this thread at the right time, seems a disservice to the process. What I'm hoping we don't see is a super long short list, that only has people voting for their own entries and unwilling to support others ideas because they feel it will be at the expense of their entry.

Do I have the most posts in this thread? Probably. Am I aggressively pushing my own entries? I wouldn't say so. Am I putting my support behind anything I think would make a cool mini, absolutely. That's not to say I don't think any mini could be cool, regardless of its name.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:41 pm 
Intelligence Operative
Intelligence Operative

+1 to the pirate, the Killik, and the weapons tech

Here are some examples of potential ones:

Killik (RM verpine tech)
Cost 10, hp 50, def 15, atk 6, dmg 10
SA
Killik (can only be on a team with fringe characters and characters with Killik special ability)
Melee attack
Swarm +5 for Killik
Charging Assualt
Wall climber
Poison 10
Pheromones

Killik Warrior (RM Dejarik piece)
Cost 25, hp 100, def 18, atk 8, dmg 20
SA
Killik (can only be on a team with fringe characters and characters with Killik special ability)
Melee attack
Swarm +4 for Killik
Charging Assualt
Wall climber
Speed 10
Poison 10
Pheromones
Joiner (non-killik living characters in your squad gain the killik special ability)

Would love to see this faction in the game!

And:

Kessel Prisoner
17, hp 60, def 16, ATk 12, dmg 10
SA
Melee Attack
Double Attack
Slave
Bully (+4 attack and +20 damage against enemies with a lesser point cost)
Bloodthirsty
Backlash

Also a fun one

Bith Bartender
SA Juma Juice (replaces attacks, one adjacent living allied character makes a save of 11. On a failure it gains -2 attack, -2 defense and speed 4. On a success it gains damage reduction 10 and +10 damage against adjacent enemies until the end of its next turn)

Chiss Fleet Commander
SA
Xenophobia (this character gets +4 attack and +10 damage against non-Chiss living enemies)
CE chiss followers gain backlash and double attack

And finally

Czerka heavy Arms Dealer
Heavy Repeater upgrade (allies without melee attack that deal 30 damage gain extra attack while
within six squares of this character)
Mounted Weapon upgrade (allies without melee attack that deal 40 damage gain splash 40 while
within six squares of this character)

There lets get the thread back in track, more ideas and +1 ing, less debating haha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:47 pm 
Intelligence Operative
Intelligence Operative

Oh and once the list is ready, throw it on Bloomilk for the votes. Then you will get your support, I have found that things are a lot more active there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:53 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

The designers want this to happen here, so I will respect that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:56 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Are your Killik pieces that different, in name at least, from the ones already suggested? I put it down as a +1 for the Gorog Killik, does that work for you or you think it is distinct enough that it needs its own entry. Also I just +1'd you for the Weapons Tech guy already on the list.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:24 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

R5Don4 wrote:
There are still many more days for entries to be allowed and voices to be heard. It is not entirely unlikely of us having 200+ entries, which is fantastic, I hope it is more. To face a short list of 100 though, because of a small arbitrary rule ok'd by a couple people who happened to chime in on this thread at the right time, seems a disservice to the process. What I'm hoping we don't see is a super long short list, that only has people voting for their own entries and unwilling to support others ideas because they feel it will be at the expense of their entry.

Wow, yeah. I was thinking we'd have somewhere between 15 and 40 entries on the short list. I don't think that's too many for anyone to go through on a ballot. It would only be a minute or so of adding +1 to the selections. But 100+ - yeah that would be something else. I guess a cutoff of 50 (?) entries on the short list (+ any ties) is as arbitrary as needing one person to +1 it to advance, but it would put a cap on how big the list could be. And that would be a good thing. At this point, that would include anything with a +1, but if the list gets too large over the next few days, it would mean you need two +1s.

(I'm going cross-post this into the Rules and Process thread I started to maybe move it there so this thread can focus on proposals:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15879

If everyone wants the rules discussion here, that's fine too. I thought it might be cleaner to separate the discussions.)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:38 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I want a sarlac! +1 for that

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:05 pm 
Intelligence Operative
Intelligence Operative

R5Don4 wrote:
Are your Killik pieces that different, in name at least, from the ones already suggested? I put it down as a +1 for the Gorog Killik, does that work for you or you think it is distinct enough that it needs its own entry. Also I just +1'd you for the Weapons Tech guy already on the list.

Thanks! That's legit, just trying to get people excited about Killiks haha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:37 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Sarlacc and Peace Brigade Recruiter would be my pick. Just saying.

(although I would give a body part for Killiks one day... just not as part of these two)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:49 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Aing-Tii Monk
Cost 27
HP 60
Defense 16
Attack 8
Damage 20

Melee Attack, Counter-Attack, Heal 20

Force 1, Force Renewal 1
Aing-Tii Flow Walking
Teleportation (Force 2, Replaces Turn, This character can move to any unoccupied square within line of sight

There are those that dwell beyond the veil.

Sith Intellegence Operative
Cost: 25
HP: 60
Def: 17
Att: 10
Dmg: 20

Stealth, Gauntlet Knife +10, Double Attack, Synergy (While in a Sith Squad, this character gains Covert Ops Training)

Sith Operatives are always at the whim of their keepers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:26 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

This is what I'd tossed together over on Bloo for the Killiks.
They are their own self contained faction. Which is very geared towards the minis game I felt.
A few carefully worded SA and they work well and are not over powered with todays minis. Killik and Joiner allow you to maybe build that squad you never could! Costing of these characters would help keep it in check so as not to break the game. Bigger brains thinking this one over may pull something better from it.

Gorog Killik
Spoiler: show
Hit Points: 60
Defense: 14
Attack: 8
Damage: 20
Special Abilities

Killik (Only subject to Commander Effects and Special Abilities from Killik Allies)
Twin Attack (Whenever this character attacks, it makes 1 extra attack against the same target)
Stealth (If this character has cover, it does not count as the nearest enemy for an attacker farther than 6 squares when choosing targets)
Damage Reduction 10 (Whenever this character takes damage, reduce the damage dealt by 10. Attacks with lightsabers ignore this special ability.)
Joiner (Each allied commander can count distance from this character as well as from itself for the purpose of commander effects. Up to 3 Non-Unique Living characters of any faction may be in a squad with this character, those characters gain Killik until the end of the skirmish.)

Force Powers
Force 2

Killik Joiner
Spoiler: show
Hit Points: 70
Defense: 17
Attack: 8
Damage: 10
Special Abilities

Killik (Only subject to Commander Effects and Special Abilities from Killik Allies)
Double Attack (On his turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)
Joiner (Each allied commander can count distance from this character as well as from itself for the purpose of commander effects. Up to 3 Non-Unique Living characters of any faction may be in a squad with this character, those characters gain Killik until the end of the skirmish.)
Evade (When hit by an attack from a nonadjacent enemy, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)

"...he is a wound in the Force..."

Dinuir ni verda kyr'am ner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I like the Idea of a new melee piece in the 12-20 range.

A commander of some kind.

I vote for a houk or a killik and a new merc or merc commander or a new pirate or pirate commander. I support any commander that builds on sub themes.

I like the peace idea too.

If you guys want to post stats use spoilers problem fixed.
I also think we should stay away from force users.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:52 am 
Intelligence Operative
Intelligence Operative

Awesome Killik ideas! I still think they should have pheromones but love joiner!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:35 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I like the Killiks and the Pirate ideas. I think it will be interesting to flesh those out.

another idea

YVH-M (Yuuzhan Vong Hunter Mouse Droid)
cost 5
HP 10
Def 20
Atk --
Dmg --
Droid
Yuuzhan Vong Seeker(Allies within 6 squares gain Vong Hunter)
It's a Trap!
Rapport (-1 with Lando)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next