logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Post subject: Re: Do you want to make a piece for a v-set?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:55 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Felucian Chieftain 28
Hit Points: 120
Defense: 17
Attack: 13
Damage: 20
Rarity: Uncommon
Base: Large
Special Abilities
Melee Attack (Can attack only adjacent enemies)
Melee Reach 2 (When attacking, this character treats enemies up to 2 squares away as adjacent)
Double Attack (On his turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)
Immobilizing Rend (If both of this character's attacks hit the same enemy, that enemy cannot move this round)
Force Ascetic (Cannot spend Force points to reroll or move faster)
Force Powers
Force 6
Force Blast (Force 1, replaces attacks: range 6; 20 damage save 11)
Lightsaber Block (Force 1: When hit by a melee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:33 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Sithborg wrote:
As for Landspeeder as another Tow Cable, good luck balancing Republic with 3 such movement breakers.

without flight and cost it appropriately it won't be as abused as r2. While this topic is for Fringe that doesn't mean it can't be an idea for a rebel down the road.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:27 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Sithborg wrote:
Quote:
Joiner (Each allied commander can count distance from this character as well as from itself for the purpose of commander effects. Up to 3 Non-Unique Living characters of any faction may be in a squad with this character, those characters gain Killik until the end of the skirmish.)

No. Screwing up squad building in this way is a bad idea. Very bad.

Quote:
Camaraderie (On its turn, an allied Mercenary character may use 1 Special Ability from any allied Mercenary character within 6 squarse.)

Camaraderie does not work this way. I left it fairly open in the glossary, but it will not work like Force Meld.

Quote:
Commander Effect
Mercenary followers, including this character, within 6 squares ignore the movement restrictions of the Mercenary ability.

This is why I do what I do. This does not work 100% you want. You also are not going to benefit from being a Mercenary, while removing the restrictions. It's either remove Mercenary, or a CE to help Mercenaries.

As for Landspeeder as another Tow Cable, good luck balancing Republic with 3 such movement breakers.

Ah...you please never say 'No'.
There is no 'No', there is only a different view or interpretation.

These are all open ideas; to take, break, fix and make better, or not. I believe I said that more or less. I'm not trying to take your job here, nor p*ss on someones shoes.

First off. Joiner is 100% accurate as to what the books represent the killiks to do. This ability probably wont ever happen; this though, is the only time you could break faction rules and make it legal. Thats the point of it, go ahead and make it work instead of saying no. I cant see killiks working in SWminis inany other way. If they can though, great!

Camaradarie may not work that way, yes. Surely you can see what the ability, in this sense, is trying to do. Expand a sub faction, but not make it a 'faction', thus create more options for the game? Again, its just an idea, make it work or dont.

For the CE, it has to 'ignore' the movement restriction to make it future proof. There may be Mercenary specific CE's in the future. (remember Ulic and his mando tease ;) )They would be redundent it this CE removed the Mercenary abilty altogether.

Again, this is not stepping on anyones toes, yours included sithborg. These are ideas and that alone. DO NOT take it personally if some one has an idea, your post seems to belittle these ideas. As a community we all want the sets to continue. We are giving you ideas, you are the filter.

If my ideas or anyone elses have upset or offended you, that was not the case I'm 100% sure of that. I was under the impression this was an attempt to keep the enthusiasm going for the game, and all we did was get 'enthused'.

"...he is a wound in the Force..."

Dinuir ni verda kyr'am ner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:26 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

WHO CARES ABOUT STATS, CAN WE PLEASE JUST GET A NAME.

THIS IS GOING NO WHERE............

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:27 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
Submissions now closed. This thread to be locked and discussion of and voting on short list to continue HERE.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:26 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Cerous Mutor wrote:
Again, this is not stepping on anyones toes, yours included sithborg. These are ideas and that alone. DO NOT take it personally if some one has an idea, your post seems to belittle these ideas. As a community we all want the sets to continue. We are giving you ideas, you are the filter.

If my ideas or anyone elses have upset or offended you, that was not the case I'm 100% sure of that. I was under the impression this was an attempt to keep the enthusiasm going for the game, and all we did was get 'enthused'.

Something I've learned doing the Vsets, it is better for me shoot down certain things early, rather than letting them get further down the design process. It is far easier to fix something that doesn't work as a designer intends early, then after playtesting and quality control. The designers have acknowledged this, as I now am involved much earlier in the design process in rules capacity.

Yes, this project is to help boost enthusiasm, but it is also to help give you a glimpse of the actual design process. The designers aren't going to be involved too much, but these pieces will still have to get through playtesting, quality control, rules, and graphic approval. I assure you, the designers hear the same thing from me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:54 am 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

Actually for everyone out there, it is usually more like.

Scott, we want an ability to do such and such, how do we make it do that? And then let Scott figure out how to make it work in rules sense. Or he just tells us it won't work and to think up something different.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:10 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

So I locked the thread as requested. Please post in the new thread to vote.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12