logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next

Post subject: Re: Do you want to make a piece for a v-set?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:03 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
R5Don4 wrote:
I'm going to lump all those Weapon Upgrade characters into a single entry with a +1 thus far. We don't need to get into exact specifics yet and they are all very similar. You should have seen what the Squib Trader was selling on his first draft appearance. :?

And +1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:49 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

R5Don4 wrote:
I'm going to lump all those Weapon Upgrade characters into a single entry with a +1 thus far. We don't need to get into exact specifics yet and they are all very similar. You should have seen what the Squib Trader was selling on his first draft appearance. :?

Oceanfront property in Arizona?

Winner of YMTS XL: Double Agents - Trooper Davin Felth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:55 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Now that I've gone from two suggestions/entries to one I have another.

DASHADE WARRIOR
Cost: 22  
Hit Points: 80
Defense: 18
Attack: 8
Damage: 20
Base: Medium

Special Abilities
Melee Attack (Can attack only adjacent enemies)
Double Attack
Force Resistance (Force powers cost +1 force point when targeting this character)
Melee Reach 2 (When attacking, this character treats enemies up to 2 squares away as adjacent)
Strong Willed (Cannot be affected by Jedi Mind Trick)
Thermal Dissipation (While this character has half or more hit points left, he is immune to abilities with Fire or Flame in their name and gains Cloaked)

Dashade natural abilities led many of their kind into careers as combat instructors, assassins and mercenaries.

Last edited by saber1 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:56 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
LOL. Spotter +10, if I recall correctly.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:57 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Please don't stop at 2.

This game needs some Dashade! +1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:12 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

If you insist.

Houk
Cost: 18  
Defense: 16
Attack: 7
Special Abilities
Demolish (Ignores Damage Reduction of adjacent targets)
Mighty Swing (On his turn, if this character doesn't move, he gets +10 Damage against adjacent enemies)
Neuronic Whip (Replaces attacks, range 3: Make 1 melee attack. A target hit by this attack is considered activated, save 16 negates.)
Stealth (If this character has cover, he does not count as the nearest enemy for an attacker farther than 6 squares when choosing targets)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:23 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I do. Stop holding out on us. Show us more of the good stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:02 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Happy to oblige.

Derriphan
Cost: 16  
Hit Points: 30
Defense: 16
Attack: --
Damage: --
Base: Small
Special Abilities
Evade (When hit by an attack from a nonadjacent enemy, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)
Flight (Ignores difficult terrain, enemy characters, low objects, and pits when moving)
Possession (When this character uses Force Dominate to target an adjacent enemy, remove this character from the board. The target joins your squad for the remainder of skirmish, save 11.)
Force Powers
Force 1
Force Renewal 1 (This character gets 1 Force point each time it activates)
Force Dominate (Force 2, replace attacks: sight; Target living character takes an immediate turn under your control, which does not count as an activation for the round; save 11. The target character cannot move this turn.)
Force Reflect (Force 2: Whenever this character takes damage from an enemy's Force Power, the enemy takes damage equal to the damage dealt, save 16)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:06 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Open those floodgates but shouldn't those nasties be left solely in the tool box of the Sith rather than Fringe?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:56 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

They were described as created by/through the dark side of the Force but seemed to operate on their own with no allegiance to a government, faction, philosophy or code. Admittedly, I may be unaware of source material that says otherwise.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:34 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

:oops: Thanks for the praise R5
I love the idea of a Sarrlac

They live in a hole so I put in recessed ground. Since thet cannot move it seems fair that figures move towards them!

Sarlacc
Recessed Ground (All characters when within 6 squares, regardless of activation or Allied or Enemy status must always move 1 square towards this character.)
Consumed (?????)

Here are a few more with example abilities to aid the visual asspect. edited as of request.
I've always liked the idea of using SW computer games as a source

Make use of the Darktrooper mini
Imperial Battlefront Dark Trooper
example
Arc Caster (Range 6; 30 damage to 1 target)
Arc Caster Charge (Replaces attacks, range 6; 20 damage to target character and any adjacent character)
Jump Pack (Replaces turn; This character may move double its speed and use 1 special ability; Ignores difficult terrain, enemy characters, low objects, and pits when moving; Can move both before and after attacking.)

We have the Storm Commando but what about the Veterans?
Something more than just a 'grunt'

DX 178, Battlefront Veteran
example
Failure is Not an Option (If this character has half Hit Points or less, Trooper Allies gain +6 Attack.)
Enhanced Blasters (Allied Troopers that deal 10 Damage gain + 10 Damage within 6 squares of this character.)

Something to cut off communications

Sabotage Droid
example
Impostor Protocol (If this character activates within 6 squares of a non-living enemy with Relay Orders, until the end of the round Enemy characters may not benefit from
Commander Effects granted by Relay Orders.)

Imperial Battlefront Engineer
example
F-187 Fusioncutter (Replaces turn; target adjacent enemy vehicles with mounted weapon or emplacement must make 2 saves of 11, on a fail target joins this character squad until the end of the skirmish or until this character is defeated.)

Something for the Vong, a type of bodyguard or damage reducer.

Dovin Basal
example
Gravity Anomaly (If an Allied character within 6 squares would take damage from a non adjacent enemy, this character takes that damage instead.)

"...he is a wound in the Force..."

Dinuir ni verda kyr'am ner

Last edited by Cerous Mutor on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:20 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Can we please just do Names here? this is getting out of hand. If you want to post stats make a new thread.
If you want to post a small sample of the stats thats fine but this whole lets just post random stats is not cutting it.

I would like to get to a top 20 by the 20th. Then a top 5 by the 25th, Then a top 2 by the 28th.

We need to get pass the stats and get a move on the name.

OR we can do this

Get the name list by 10 by the 20th then start posting stats about those characters to figure out which two we want to go with.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:43 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

jonnyb815 wrote:
Can we please just do Names here? this is getting out of hand. If you want to post stats make a new thread.
If you want to post a small sample of the stats thats fine but this whole lets just post random stats is not cutting it.

I would like to get to a top 20 by the 20th. Then a top 5 by the 25th, Then a top 2 by the 28th.

We need to get pass the stats and get a move on the name.

OR we can do this

Get the name list by 10 by the 20th then start posting stats about those characters to figure out which two we want to go with.

Fair enough grumpy monkey :P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:42 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

saber1 wrote:
Now that I've gone from two suggestions/entries to one I have another.

DASHADE WARRIOR
Cost: 22  
Defense: 18
Attack: 8

Special Abilities
Double Attack
Force Resistance (Force powers cost +1 force point when targeting this character)
Melee Reach 2 (When attacking, this character treats enemies up to 2 squares away as adjacent)
Strong Willed (Cannot be affected by Jedi Mind Trick)
Thermal Dissipation (While this character has half or more hit points left, he is immune to abilities with Fire or Flame in their name and gains Cloaked)

Dashade natural abilities led many of their kind into careers as combat instructors, assassins and mercenaries.

I remember pitching a Dashade Heavy Weapon Expert when the discussion was how to help HW characters. This figure looks similar, in vision, to my original concept. So I have a soft spot for those dark side bullies.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:01 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Cerous Mutor, very cool ideas as always, but this project is strictly limited to non-unique Fringe. Your ideas for Imperial and Vong won't be added to the list as cool as they may be. If you can figure out more Fringe sounding names I'll put them on.

Johnny, and anyone else don't wait to vote on your favorites. Yes, you can vote for more than 2.

As stated earlier in the thread, just a name on its own, especially a non-unique Fringe name, has a hard time getting people excited. Stat blocks, visuals, concept explanation goes a long way. If you are overwhelmed by all the suggestions, I am compiling a list on the first page of all the entries that only includes the names of the entries. All we are deciding this month is the names of the 2 figs, stats, over all concepts and all that is up in the air and to be decided later.

Is it fair for us to cut off idea submissions by the end of this week? The most votes for any one idea thus far has been 5. FIVE! With this thread having 900 views on a board with 8000 members that is not what I would call overwhelming support. Do we really think that we're going to get more people throwing their support behind pieces, when the choices are limited down to the 10 most popular instead of all entries (approx 50 so far)?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:37 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

The two fringe pieces i'd like to see are:
Ewok Catapult

and

Nerf Herder 3
Hit Points: 10
Defense: 11
Attack: 0
Damage: 10
Empathy (Allies with Savage within 6 squares lose Savage)

Ewok Catapult has been on the wants list forever. I'd also like to see additional 3 point options.

A new desert skiff that doesnt suck would be nice also.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:03 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

+1 Ewok Catapult

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:07 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

R5Don4 wrote:
Cerous Mutor, very cool ideas as always, but this project is strictly limited to non-unique Fringe. Your ideas for Imperial and Vong won't be added to the list as cool as they may be. If you can figure out more Fringe sounding names I'll put them on.

Sorry, got Excited :saber: :DSBoom:

These are powerful Characters/abilities and would need to be handled delicately in a Fringe faction.

Outer Rim Pirate
F-187 Fusioncutter Replaces turn; target adjacent enemy vehicles with mounted weapon or emplacment must make 2 saves of 11, on a fail target joins this character squad until the end of the skirmish or until this character is defeated.

Black-Sun Slicer
Building Schematics (Once per round; this character and adjacent allied characters may move through a wall that this character is adjacent to.)

Ahem, I know we dont realy talk about Chewies' Fathers Social Faux pas, but here it is.

Mermeia, Pleasure Hologram
Stupor (Living Characters within 6 squares gain -4 Speed until the end of the round.)
Mind Evaporator (Living Characters within 6 squares are concidered activated, save 11.)

And long over due

Gorog Killik & Killik Joiner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:14 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

This was my take on the sarlac...

Sarlac Pit 32
Hit Points: 100
Defense: 15
Attack: 10

Emplacement (Cannot move or be moved. Set up anywhere on your half of the battle map.)

Savage (This character must end his move next to an enemy if he can and does not benefit from commander effects)

Melee Attack (Can attack only adjacent enemies)Triple Attack (On his turn, this character can make 2 extra attacks instead of moving)

Clamp (An enemy hit by this character's attack takes +10 Damage and cannot move this round; save 11 negates)

Cloaked (If this character has cover, he cannot be targeted by nonadjacent enemies)

Melee Reach 3 (When attacking, this character treats enemies up to 3 squares away as adjacent)

Absorb Life Energy (When a living enemy is defeated by this character, remove 10 damage and this character gets +1 Attack and +1 Defense. These bonuses are cumulative.)

Savage obviously is negated by emplacement for movement requirements, but still works for the purpose of commander effects, which i think is really important for making a realistic sarlac.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:55 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

My suggestions (more pirates!):

Pirate Captain
Spoiler: show
Cost 19
HP 50
Def 17
Att 8
Dam 10

Special Abilities
Cunning Attack (+4 Attack and +10 Damage against unactivated opponents)
Death Mark (This character counts as Unique for the purposes of Bounty Hunter)
Mobile Attack (This character can move both before and after attacking)

Commander Effect
Non-Unique followers within 6 squares whose name contains Pirate get +2 Attack and +2 Defense.

"I'm just an honest pirate tryin' to make a livin'!" - Finhead Stonebone

Outer Rim Privateer
Spoiler: show
Cost 15
HP 30
Def 15
Att 6
Dam 10

Special Abilities
Pirate
Evade (When hit by an attack from a nonadjacent enemy, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)
Opportunist (+4 Attack and +10 Damage against an enemy who has activated this round)
Vibroblade (Replaces attacks: +6 attack for 20 Damage against an adjacent target: this counts as a melee attack)

Last edited by Lord_Ball on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next