logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post subject: Re: A survey of NPE's (Negative Play Experiences)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:49 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

*facepalm.. No more stats from the office where I can't look the spelling up.. :lol:

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:00 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

fingersandteeth wrote:
audrisampson wrote:
Do Jim So Style

Caught my eye

Darth Jim has a style?!?!?! It must be deadly.

Do Jim Style - any character hit by this figures attack is immediately defeated. Ughnaughts are immune to this ability.

Do Jim Style - can beat you at ping pong while sitting down.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:01 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
There have been a lot - A LOT - of complaints the last couple of years about overpowering damage output, and Covert Ops was seen as a way of reining that in slightly. Much like when WotC made stuff, people (me included) lamented about what it might do to the game, but after playing it it turned out to be okay. And if it gives people who are frustrated with higher damage output some relief, then it did what it was intended. One person's NPE is another person's PPE (positive play experience), and I think that is important that everyone has something they like in this game. It's when EVERYTHING is an NPE that we start to have a problem. We're nowhere near that, and with the people we have involved in designing, should never be.

I probably should have started off by thanking everyone who has been a part of the various v-set design teams as well as all of the playtesters. My schedule simply doesn't allow for me to get involved in that. I can't begin to thank everyone enough for what they contribute to this great game.

That being said I wanted to mention the new Yoda and how much I liked the idea of him helping boost older pieces that don't see much play. Until you come across covert ops and have it neuter what was just accomplished.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:24 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

TheHutts wrote:
fingersandteeth wrote:
audrisampson wrote:
Do Jim So Style

Caught my eye

Darth Jim has a style?!?!?! It must be deadly.

Do Jim Style - any character hit by this figures attack is immediately defeated. Ughnaughts are immune to this ability.

Do Jim Style - can beat you at ping pong while sitting down.

So says he. There needs to be a caveat about being able to avoid the effect with a clever pun.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:37 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

There is something bizarrely fitting about a Vader having "bully." You look at Vader, see this dark visage, and see his card with Bully on it.

Now, may I interest you in the opposite if mettle that might render GOWK one less headache.

Or we can put that into another topic for another time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:28 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ( Picks self up off floor, after falling from hysterical laughter, reading all the hilarious posts!)

Great post Audri and everyone posting all have very salient points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it's everything a lot of us have wanted to say and vent about, but were afraid of saying anything due to community backlash, chopping off of your head, or just plain being verbally lambasted with aggression.

I don't know about you guys, but you all saved me a few hundred dollars in mental health care; I'm cancelling my next few months of therapy sessions :) I owe you guys!!!!!! Good stang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:emperor:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:01 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

darthmaim wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ( Picks self up off floor, after falling from hysterical laughter, reading all the hilarious posts!)

Great post Audri and everyone posting all have very salient points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it's everything a lot of us have wanted to say and vent about, but were afraid of saying anything due to community backlash, chopping off of your head, or just plain being verbally lambasted with aggression.

I don't know about you guys, but you all saved me a few hundred dollars in mental health care; I'm cancelling my next few months of therapy sessions :) I owe you guys!!!!!! Good stang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:emperor:

Its just the internet it can't hurt you :D

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:33 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Well I have finally played against the Mandalorian Training Sergeant and his Covert Ops ability, and while I still dislike it, it probably isn't as strong as what I originally thought.

I guess my biggest issue with it is how luck dependant it is. Yes, I conpletely understand luck plays a factor in every skirmish, but this piece could survive far longer than it should (crazy luck with evade/parry) and then completely shut you down at a key point in a skirmish, based entirely on luck.

I also believe this is clearly stronger than the Gungan Shieldbearer due to the range of 6 as opposed to the Shieldbearer or an adjacent character.

I'm going to try this out some more when I get the chance, see if I can run it and abuse it, but for now

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:41 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

(Continued, sorry my phone has trouble on here some days)

But for now I'm going to continue disliking it. Even if it isnt super strong it can still be an NPE

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:22 pm 
Intelligence Operative
Intelligence Operative

Bastilla because she devestates the CE scene, which is half of the game. More counters for her please

Lancers, I'm a sep player but I never play these guys out of respect for the game. I think the left and right hands weren't communicating when that battle set came out.

Naboo pilots, horribly broken and really annoying

GOWK, way undercoat and almost never takes damage from attacks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:55 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

We have moved to a new last day of the month tourneys and my new NPE is Mace LotS. He dominated epic dou's and then again in our master and apprentice format. Granted I was playing squads for fun, but what put me over the top, I survived the Mace first onslaught with Opress, force repulse, oh wait absorb.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Gowk does not bother me, he shows up here all the time but he has never made a huge difference overall. Helps newer people get some wins but that has been about it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8