logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: Update for V set 4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:09 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

R5Don4 wrote:
I guess we know who banged out Revan, SL. Nice job Fingers.

Deri, IMO, designed some of the best and most used minis we've seen. Reven SL and Bastilla are his most popular.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:34 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

fingersandteeth wrote:
audrisampson wrote:
Honestly I could never really figure out why he has been Sith the other two times. The entire KOTOR game he is running around with OR peeps.

His character is more defined as a Sith Lord.
That's where he made his name, plus in the video game where you play his redeemed character he can be what ever the hell you want him/her to be so its easier to build pieces around more established and rigid story lines.

Quote:
Na the Revanchanist is just one of his followers during the Mandolorian War. He really doesn't feel like Revan at all.

not sure if serious

Obviously not every piece can be uber but he has the personality of Revan before he went Dark. Mando hunter, sets up ambushes, great tactitian.

Not really sure what else you would want other than some bonus that helps out Alex, but thats what the ambush CE was for.

Maybe I'm wrong for comparing him to the badass I played through the KOTOR 1 game :) The Revanchanist is still a great piece and I've used him a ton, I just didn't realize that his intent was to be the Revan for OR.. My apologies.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:50 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

sthlrd2 wrote:
R5Don4 wrote:
I guess we know who banged out Revan, SL. Nice job Fingers.

Deri, IMO, designed some of the best and most used minis we've seen. Reven SL and Bastilla are his most popular.

Vset design is collaborative effort, it would be poor show to take credit for figures individually. But thanks guys.

audrisampson wrote:
Maybe I'm wrong for comparing him to the badass I played through the KOTOR 1 game :) The Revanchanist is still a great piece and I've used him a ton, I just didn't realize that his intent was to be the Revan for OR.. My apologies.

Well, The Revanchist is Revan in his earliest incarnation. Its the period of his character arc where he went against the council and took the fight to the Mando's and when OR knights banded with him forming the splinter Jedi group, the Revanchists, of which he was almost their deity.

His powers we good but it was when he became a Sith lord when he truly became powerful and the stuff of legend. The guy/girl you play in KOTOR is a more powerful Revan than possibly even his Sith incarnation. The Revanchist is not that guy.