All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: IG Lancer Droid vs Scout Trooper on Speeder Bike
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:45 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

TimmerB123 wrote:
TheHutts wrote:
One commonly used piece that is risky to strafe with a Speeder Bike is Darth Zannah - if she rolls a 19 or 20 on her Lightsaber Combat Expert save, the Speeder is in trouble.

One reason she is such a ridiculously stupid piece. She's the only figure in the game that can literally live forever AND have you kill yourself simply by attacking (no matter how far away you are).

Yes at the Michigan Regionals Bill's Zannah killed my speeder through lightsaber combat expert. Smartly, I strafed everyone else first, and she was literally the last character alive. Weir was able to finish the job. She actually got one on Weir too. If she got a third I would have had only 10hp left on Weir, and I would have had to lock the door and take the 2 point win.

Zannah doesn't win you games, it just prolongs them.

Umm, Vader, LOTF will likely do more damage to shooter than Zannah will. It's a risk, sure, but it's like being scared of Boba BH because of Disentegration.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:10 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Sithborg wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
TheHutts wrote:
One commonly used piece that is risky to strafe with a Speeder Bike is Darth Zannah - if she rolls a 19 or 20 on her Lightsaber Combat Expert save, the Speeder is in trouble.

One reason she is such a ridiculously stupid piece. She's the only figure in the game that can literally live forever AND have you kill yourself simply by attacking (no matter how far away you are).

Yes at the Michigan Regionals Bill's Zannah killed my speeder through lightsaber combat expert. Smartly, I strafed everyone else first, and she was literally the last character alive. Weir was able to finish the job. She actually got one on Weir too. If she got a third I would have had only 10hp left on Weir, and I would have had to lock the door and take the 2 point win.

Zannah doesn't win you games, it just prolongs them.

Umm, Vader, LOTF will likely do more damage to shooter than Zannah will. It's a risk, sure, but it's like being scared of Boba BH because of Disentegration.

Huge difference is that Zannah can do it with every attack. It costs zero force points. With Vader LotF you just walk up to him with Thrawn or Pellaeon and he's hosed. Or once he's outta FPs. Or attack him with melee.

Huge difference with Boba is that HE is the one attacking. I can't tell you how many times I've killed a Boba BH before he could attack. THAT is how you play him. Don't let him attack your main pieces. Everytime you do - the risk is on you.

With attacking Zannah, there is no counter. There is no avoiding letting her do it anytime you attack. Melee or Non-melee - she has potential to hit you back. For free. Lame.

I'm not scared of Zannah. I've never once lost a game to her. But you have to be smart about how you play against her. Whenever I see her, I just sigh, and think - well, I'll win but it will be annoying.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:52 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Okay, about against a fig with Betrayal. There are some luck issues in this game due to the dice. If a single instance of bad luck ruins your squad, then you have a bit of a fragile squad.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:14 am 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sithborg wrote:
Okay, about against a fig with Betrayal. There are some luck issues in this game due to the dice. If a single instance of bad luck ruins your squad, then you have a bit of a fragile squad.

What about when I lost 3 Jedi on 5 straight rolls of 1 against palps sl when rots came out. Worst luck I've ever had. Does that count as a fragile squad?

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:00 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

sthlrd2 wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

What about when I lost 3 Jedi on 5 straight rolls of 1 against palps sl when rots came out. Worst luck I've ever had. Does that count as a fragile squad?

That would be 5 instances of bad luck. Not quite the same. And wow, that tops the worst of my bad luck games by a wide margin.