logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Scenarios
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:01 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Standard skirmish chess-style play is all the rage and has been for years, but is anyone still playing scenarios. I stumbled across my original Rebel Storm rulebook not too long ago and reread the "Rescue the Princess" scenario. Interesting stuff. I wondered if the new pieces, including the V-sets, would work with the concept. So I came up with this:

35 Ben Kenobi
25 Han Solo in Stormtrooper Armor
24 Chewbacca
19 Luke in Stormtrooper Armor
18 C-3P0 and R2-D2
07 Princess Leia Organa

128 pts., 6 characters

vs.

65 Darth Vader, Agent of Evil
28 Imperial Officer x2
20 Stormtrooper x4
14 Stormtrooper Officer x1
11 Grand Moff Tarkin
138 pts., 9 characters

This, of course, is played on the Death Star map. Here are the special rules for the scenario.

Set-up:

REBELS
Princess Leia sets up in any of the Detention Block cells. She may not leave the cell she sets up in until a Rebel character ends its turn adjacent to the door of the room she is in. The rest of the Rebel characters set up in the control room on the opposite side of the map. The character C-3P0 and R2-D2 may not leave the control room until after Princess Leia has moved out of the detention block.

EMPIRE
Darth Vader, Agent of Evil begans play off the map and may not be placed until the start of a round after the first. At the end of any round, if there are no Imperial characters on the map, Darth Vader immediately enters play in any square in a room named Turbolift, and may activate this round. Place two of the Stormtroopers in any of the squares outside the room named Tractor Beam. Place the Stormtrooper Officer, the Imperial Officer, and the other two Stormtroopers in the security section of the Detention Block area. Grand Moff Tarkin may set up anywhere on the map.

Skirmish play special rules
Non-unique Imperial characters outside of the detention block area may not target Rebel characters until after Princess Leia leaves the detention block area. Ben Kenobi may not make attacks until another Rebel character makes an attack, or until he is adjacent to Darth Vader, Agent of Evil (whichever comes first).

Grand Moff Tarkin has Cloaked for the purposes of this scenario. Darth Vader, Agent of Evil must move toward and attack Ben Kenobi if he can. He may not use special abilities or Force powers that replace attacks while Ben Kenobi remains on the map. After Ben Kenobi is defeated, Darth Vader, Agent of Evil may target Rebel characters normally.

Objectives
The scenario has three objectives for the Rebel squad.
1. Disable the tractor beam. (20 pts.)
To disable the tractor beam, the Rebel player must end a Rebel character's turn with no Imperial characters within six squares and in one of the low-object squares in the tractor beam room. The Imperial character scores this objective if he or she defeats the Rebel characters before they meet this condition.
2. Rescue Princess Leia from the detention block. (30 pts.) The Rebel player scores this objective by moving a Rebel character adjacent to the door to the room where Princess Leia Organa set up. A Rebel character can only move adjacent to and open the door to Leia's cell after all the Imperial characters in that room are defeated, or have moved out of the room. The Imperial player scores this objective by preventing the Rebel player from moving to the detention block cell door.
3. Escape from the Death Star by ending each Rebel character's turn on one of the ship squares in the hangar bay room. (50 pts.) After the tractor beam is disabled (see Objective 1), each Rebel character must end its turn on one of the ship squares in the hangar bay room to score this objective. The Imperial player scores this objective by defeating all of the Rebel characters before they can reach the hangar bay. Subtract 10 pts. for each Rebel character that is defeated from the objective score if the Rebel player completes this objective. (For example, Ben Kenobi, Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Armor, and Chewbacca are defeated, but Han in Stormtrooper Armor, Leia Organa Solo, and C-3P0 and R2-D2 end their turns on one of the ship squares, making this objective worth 20 pts. instead of 50.)

For each objective claimed by either side, that player scores the number of points listed. The game ends when there are no Rebel characters on the map. Add up objective score points and point costs of characters you defeated to determine your final score. The player with the highest points wins!

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject: Re: Scenarios
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:21 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Maybe I have to read it all again but after reading through it just now it seems like objective 2 "rescue the princess" seems odd and like you should just give the rebel player points right away. If they can't target me or enter the detention block then what's to stop the rebels from completing that task.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:11 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

sthlrd2 wrote:
Maybe I have to read it all again but after reading through it just now it seems like objective 2 "rescue the princess" seems odd and like you should just give the rebel player points right away. If they can't target me or enter the detention block then what's to stop the rebels from completing that task.

Maybe it's not written clearly. The Officers and Stormtroopers set up in the detention area where Leia is. The idea is that the Rebel force must defeat all of the characters in the detention block before they can rescue Leia.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:01 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If I ever get together with the very casual non competitive group that I some time see I might try this out. I actually made my own scenario called "rescue Han from the bounty hunter". I don't remember if I ever posted here but if I can come across it I'll write it up.