logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: V-set 4 report
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:26 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

In terms of force batteries, I can see something for Republic, but Bastilla really limits the OR in what can be made. Granted, in both factions, the force battery would have to be completely redesigned. Honestly, I would like to see a Luke, JM CE for the Republic, even if limited. Granted, there are probably more things that can be done for those factions then trying to work in a Force Battery.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:43 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I don't know how about u guys, but I understand the term force battery as a character who gains his/her FP and let's other plp in his/her squad to use it- Chair Palps or Yoda of Dagobah. Yeaaah and Sidious (maaan I totally forgot him, but for his cost he's useless)

Granting Renewal 1 isn't so overpowered compared to using other character's force points.
:royalg:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:11 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I'm not quite getting BFBH713's point. You want a battery in republic and Old republic because why? It could
Be your posting style but I didn't hear a good argument why outside of the old "everyone else has it" arguement.

Republic and Old republic aren't designed to have batteries anyway. The factions that have them are rebels, imperials, and to a much lesser extent Sith, and seps (cause sideous was around in all those factions just about).

Rebels have yoda cause #1 it's in the movie and #2 they didn't and don't have a ton of strong force users. So yoda helps them.

If you look at R and OR from top to bottom they are filled with strong force users. Giving them a battery would
Be possible but not probable. They are better served getting both of those factions more support in other areas.

Now that I've posted this I'm sure you won't understand anything ive said. So I'm done with this conversation. You can continue complaining about it but I think it's a bad idea.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:08 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I don't think the OR should ever have a Force battery, but if it did get one I would not worry about Bastila. The "fix" is just to make a new version of her as the Force battery. :)

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:49 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
I don't think the OR should ever have a Force battery, but if it did get one I would not worry about Bastila. The "fix" is just to make a new version of her as the Force battery. :)

or to limit it to non-uniques or another sub group (for example "covenant".) But again, think it's unnecessary and I don't see a reason to push people to only play JBMs all the time either.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:44 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Overall i would like to commend you all on the V-set 3. I really like them and they have really done something for the game, the first week they come out at my local game store i play lancers with whorm and pulled a stupid and forgot to put the mouse droids in the main squad. well in order to fix that i put the in with lobt. (at this point not really having the time to look through the new set) i sit down with hanna cannon and he has Tyber Zann, wasnt thinking to much about it so then when he said well ill take your 5 mouse droids i realized i was thoughly screwed. which really just means Job Well Done in the developers department. AS for the rest of the set i really enjoy the and espcially how they stick to the cannon of the story. Which in my opinion is why i play Star Wars Minis, being able to be in that universe even if it is only for a few hours with minis is what i really like. Once again thanks guys for a great job

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:47 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Vest 3 is my favorite so far.. And I think there is some other real good stuff in there we have not played wit yet for squads tonka sisters in a swap/stealth squad? The new obi wan? Those are frm cantina... The odious tyber and wuher are great and a fun way to shake up the current squad building structure... A soon as I get a way to boost my bounty hunters I will be happy :p...

In all seriousness I think a good set is one where you look at it and can't decide what yo unwanted to play first. This one hit the mark for me. Not that vest 2 was bad, it was good ( I really like theed too) it just this one brought some fun new options with it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:10 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

BFBH713 wrote:
well every faction almost has a battery...theres a few things in other factions thats just as dirty as gowk or bastila never running out of force points....sooo there should be no problem givin OR or R a force battery...the story line crap is w/e...i like the story but dont really care about it...They gave vong with force immunity one with force powers....um...hypocrite type much??

Umm last time I checked this game is calledStar Wars Miniuatures. That would imply a certain responsibility to keeping the game within the parameters and themes of the Star Wars Universe. As much as I can't stand the Vong the designers were correct in making that figure because he does exist in the SW Universe and is a fig that will add some interesting aspects to the game.

BFBH713 wrote:
then why not give OR or R a battery..wouldnt make it less fun....hell might mix it up ALOT more ...give more answers to the mouse dump bs..or nom bomb bs...i see it as more answers..not a hinderance...

Umm adding more to sugar to a sugary cereal doesn't really do much.. As far as giving answers to Mouse Dump, what does a Force battery have to do with bringing in ten mouse droids with lobot?? Also all a force battery would do against Nom Bomb is give more force points that you can not use for the most part..

BFBH713 wrote:
Bastilla is already overpowered...with her bs runnin from first act of a round to the LAST act of the next one...yea..thats fair...or the sheer POWER behind Windu...yea..playtested both real fair on that one too...sooo if we're gonna go down the "broke" road lets do it with some more fun...

I wish Bastilla was overpowered. Would have been really nice if that was the case, show up at Lansing City Champs. Bastilla and win despite any play mistakes or bad dice rolls. Sorry guys I played Bastilla so you lose today. I won't play her next time so you guys can and win. Nope thats not how it went down. A Nom bomb, and LoGOWKey beat me fair and square. Heck if she was so over powered I'm sure more players of the 14 players that attended would have played her. Heck to this day I'm still the only person who has played her at my local venue.

As far as Windu, I certainly wouldnt say he is broke. Once again citing events at local venue he has about a 50% win percentage. Heck I've dropped him in one turn in a Mira Canon build.

Maybe if your having issues with the fairness and power level of figs it might be something to look inward in. Are you playing the best squads you can? Are you making moves on the board that put you in the best chance of winning?

BFBH713 wrote:
OR and R deserve a force battery...HELL EVEN SITH have a spirit and hologram to play with...so in essence its REALLY not that terrible to give those two a battery...its the story line purists that are being wah about it...i think it fixes things...hell why would it matter to give them batteries anyway?? no one really plays batteries that competatively anyway...not that big of a deal to put them out...and if people wanna stick to the story line like that then who says anyone with force powers "Runs out of power anyway"...no jedi in the movies ran out of power...even with a battery they can run out...and whats it matter if gowk does take a lil longer to kill he already takes it forever anyway since they let his text loose...they want ideas for vset 4 well heres 2 decent ones that people could have more fun with than tryin to stick to the story all the time..or the games...god shake it up a lil more...even if gowk or bastila hada battery...make the battery killable and not a spirit...duh....palpy on throne is killable...bastilas killable its all killable so its not so broke...seems dumb to mix things with other factions but leave batteries out...if your gonna cross faction lines to make other factions playable dont pick and choose ...make it fair..OR and R deserve a battery

No the Jedi don't run out of power but they can only tap into the force to a certain degree. Some are better then others. This is reflected in Force Renewal and how many force points a person starts with.

As far as shaking things up maybe you weren't aware of how things have been for this game. Each Vset and in paticualar Vset three really went out of its way to smack some common squad building around. From reading your other post it seems Reinforcements bother ya, Try Tyber Zann. Nothing says screw you lobot like taking half the pts the person is bringing in.

Also what would a Force Battery in OR and R shake up? Right now it seems that according to some that Windu/GOWK and Bastilla are the inviroment, what would a Force Battery do to shake up that enviroment. Without playtesting and such all I would think it would do is add more ammo to the same old, same old.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:17 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

audrisampson wrote:
As far as Windu, I certainly wouldnt say he is broke. Once again citing events at local venue he has about a 50% win percentage. Heck I've dropped him in one turn in a Mira Canon build.

I totally aggree with this statement. I actually don't mind going against Windu at all. Go ahead and spend 65 points for figure that will probably do 60 damage a turn. The peice has hardly any defense powers when it comes to melee and reflect is expensive to use force point wise. Something that totally screw Windu is Force Alter. Oh you got a crit?.....not really. Reroll! I'd love to see a Vodo-Siosk Baas versus Windu battle and see who comes out the victor. I'd bet my money on Vodo. Parry, Master of the force 2 and Force Alter.

I once played against Mace with an OR squad with one of my favorite peices in the faction, Cay Qel-Droma. Mace kills him fails the save for Cay's Legacy and then Mace proceeds to demolish the rest of my opponents squad. It was epic!

As far as force batteries for OR and Republic, the two factions just have different ways of going about it. Force Spirit is always a great thing to have and Qui-gon Jinn,JM and Vodo Baas and Belth Assuris have it. those peice's give your opponent something to think twice about when you have GOWK or Bastilla in play.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.