logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Want to purchase complete collection
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:45 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Hello!

I am interested in the Star Wars Miniatures game and would like to purchase a complete collection of Star Wars Miniatures (around 800 pieces, right?). I am currently playing Magic: The Gathering and many board games, and I think it would add quite a lot of fun to me and my friends when we meet. I have never played it, but I like the star wars universe, and I also would like the fact that I could decorate a room with the figures.

So, I have two questions:

1. How should I proceed to get ahold of all the miniatures?

and 2. What would the price estimate be for a complete collection?

I am currently working as a dentist in Sweden (Private practice), and business is going well, so money should not be an issue if it is a couple of thousand dollars ... But a price estimate would be great.

Thank you very much in advance :-) I admire your passion for the game :-)

Regards,

Dr. John, DDS, Sweden :maul:

Post subject: Re: Want to purchase complete collection
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:32 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

I would probably post a thread on the trading sub-forum here, as well as on Bloomilk which is also an amazing site. A lot of people (sadly) are getting out of the game...I'm sure they'll have a bunch of stuff to sell to you.

As for completeness, chances are those who DO have a complete set and are getting out of the game will most likely not want to sell it all away...probably keep a few pieces here and there. So chances are you'll have to multiple deals in order to get a complete set. :fight:

Of course, there's always those "chase" pieces that are outrageously hard to find that exist in all games -- such as in MTG, the legendary "Black Lotus" or "Mox Ruby". In the case of SWM it's Boba Fett Bounty Hunter, Cad Bane, and a bunch of sith lords and others as well. However, if you're willing to pay retail, it shouldn't be hard to buy the majority of the SWM complete set off of various people either on here or on Bloomilk, and then just pay retail for the "hard-to-find" figs off of online dealer stores such as T&T, CSI, etc.

As for an estimate...that's a tough one. Even if someone was willing to sell their complete collection, they would have doubles and multiples of many of their figures. Prices have deflated a bit since the demise of the game so I would guess ~2000, probably more (that's probably a low ball estimate...each 60-fig set has at least 10 VR [total of 10 sets] and the 40-fig sets have 8 VR each [total of 6 sets]. and a lot of those very rares are worth $20 or more. That alone adds close to 2000.)

Anyways, hope that helps a bit!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:40 pm 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

The 40 piece sets sell on ebay for 80-120 each (I just sold them there and that is about what I got and expected).

The regular 60 piece sets for the most part should be 200 or less with the exception of maybe KOTOR or Champions.

The huge sets all should be 200 or so but are probably more like 250.

so 6 40 -iece sets ($650) 7 60 piece sets ($1400) and 3 60 piece huge sets ($750)

You should be able to track down a complete set for just under $3000.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:49 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

I have a complete collection (minus some of the promos and a few maps) that I would be willing to sell for a fair amount. However, I'm not exactly sure how to work out this kind of deal as I'm super internet paranoid with trading/selling and live in North Dakota (USA). Maybe I could just put up a big ebay lot or something with it all (ebay fees stink though). If you have an idea how this may work, let me know. I am not willing to take a bunch of risks as I really don't mind sitting on the collection either. I don't get very many opportunities to play lately however, as my local group seems to have dissapeared. I have been playing since around the Champions of the Force set, and I can say this game is a lot of fun.