logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: New SWM set, Imperial Entanglements?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:37 pm 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

The other day i had heard from someone (who will remain anonymous) that we're getting a swm set after LOTF called "Imperial Entanglements". I dont know if thats true, but if it is, im annoyed. for the sheer fact imperials have just gotten their own set! And then a Sub-set! can anyone confirm or disprove this? Im hoping for the latter. I could have sworn that we were getting a kotor set after LOTF. Any info will be helpful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:35 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

It's more likely this is either a Starship Battles product or some as of yet unnannounced new product, like a book...

I think mass battles is coming to SWM. Earlier this year an online survey quizzed on the role mass battle plays in your SWM gaming experience. They wouldn't do that if they weren't thinking about supporting that element more than they already are.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:32 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you go to Target.com and type Star Wars Miniatures in the search it will show you dates for the upcoming dates. It shows Galaxy Tiles as a supplement for Jan 15., Legacy of the Force as Mar 11. and Imperial Entanglements May 20. This is what the description says:

Imperial entanglements: A Star Wars Miniatures Expansion (Star Wars Miniatures Product) Hardcover

The thing to note is this is the EXACT same description they used for Rebels and Imperials, so my guess either Target doesn't know so they put something in or this will be a mini starter set with a map like they did with Rebel and Imperials reprinted old minis in 2 packs and a smaller starter. This theory also seems to be supported by the fact that is comes out only 2 months after LOTF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:33 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Its a little premature to say, "hey this is bad" when we don't know for sure what it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:53 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Boba52 wrote:
The thing to note is this is the EXACT same description they used for Rebels and Imperials, so my guess either Target doesn't know so they put something in or this will be a mini starter set with a map like they did with Rebel and Imperials reprinted old minis in 2 packs and a smaller starter. This theory also seems to be supported by the fact that is comes out only 2 months after LOTF.

Amazon puts a very similar description up. They do it for all sets so there is no way to distinguish if it is a Rebel and Imperials type of set, a huge set, regular set, SSB set, etc.

I hope it is similar to R&I so I do not need to buy it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:57 am 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

yea, i hope its like R&I, i mean, come on. rebels and imperials are now top tier and still growing strong. i think they need to die down with those minis for those factions and build up the weaker ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:08 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am keeping an open mind. The name could suggest an entire reprint of Fringe only for all we know at this point. Or on the other hand it could be a reprint where we have a chance to get a Thrawn for those who don't already have one :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:47 am 

Boba52 wrote:
I am keeping an open mind. The name could suggest an entire reprint of Fringe only for all we know at this point. Or on the other hand it could be a reprint where we have a chance to get a Thrawn for those who don't already have one :twisted:

Now that would be nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:30 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I hope its not an SSB set, that game is horrible. That game has some of the worst rules ever. I agree that the other faction need more support, frankly pretty much every faction except rebels and empire needs support now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:34 pm 
General
General

Xanthan wrote:
I hope its not an SSB set, that game is horrible. That game has some of the worst rules ever. I agree that the other faction need more support, frankly pretty much every faction except rebels and empire needs support now.

Beautiful minis, horrendous rules. When Rob Watkins started a thread asking what SSB minis we'd like to see, I wrote soemthing to the effect of "None. Unless you change the rules." I stand by that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:36 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Menoth's Fire wrote:
Xanthan wrote:

Beautiful minis, horrendous rules. When Rob Watkins started a thread asking what SSB minis we'd like to see, I wrote soemthing to the effect of "None. Unless you change the rules." I stand by that.

I agree the minis look great. But I won't be happy with them making another SSB set until they majorly change the book that they are passing off as a rulebook.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:52 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Xanthan wrote:

Maybe this will have not just a rules upgrade but a major rules overhaul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:54 am 
General
General

Menoth's Fire wrote:
Xanthan wrote:

Great minds and all that:

http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php?p=12768186&postcount=74
http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php?p=12850378&postcount=83

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:32 am 
General
General

It's a shame: I was a huge Battlefleet Gothic Fan and love SW ships :weep:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:48 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Jedi Christian wrote:
Xanthan wrote:

Maybe this will have not just a rules upgrade but a major rules overhaul.

I would start playing SSB if the rules were completely redone, but if the rules aren't going to be completely redone I will never be interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:43 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

If there is indeed a second set, i guarantee it would come with a revised core rule book from Rob. He is supposedly working on the new rules, so i would bet SSB at some point is going to happen again.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan