logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:47 am 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

its ok buddy. i know what your going through. soon you'll get the shakes, become very irritable, and when you finally play minis again, its like your taking a warm shower with Leia in Slave Alfit....just hold on buddy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:22 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I have a lot i have never used as well. That's why me and a friend started a knockout game were you have to use every min once. you are allowed 10 minis per game ( point cost is not a factor) Both start with the first 10 minis from RS, the winner get to keep the characters that survived and they are restored to full health. IF the winner had 3 survive then he gets thous 3 +the next 7 next time the other gets the next 10 from RS. and so on.
It was the only way to use every mini at least once. it was quite fun to do, we have not finished yet and i am losing but it's still fun.

Has anyone else come up with something to use every mini?( this is friendly game only)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:31 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

The GVL was good for using minis that you've never used before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:35 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Fool wrote:
This is true Xanthan - still for me Vassal although temporarily filling the void, doesn't replace the actual thing.

Yeah, you've got a point, but outside of tourneys its hard to find a game in real life though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:51 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

That's why I started building my squads around rares I haven't used before. Each time I'm building something for my LGS I use the random booster option on mini manager to "open" a booster from each set then I build my squad around one of the R/VR I pull that I haven't played before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:00 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

I don't geet to play much at all anymore.

The one venue in town sucks, and the guy makes rules up when he's losing, and makes up stupid scenarios like 350 points mothing ove 10, or 100 points nothing over 50.

IT makes me not want to play. and everyone else at the store has the nose buried so far up the guys butt, that whenever I bring up starting a new game somewhere else they look at me like I just asked to reinstate the holocaust.

"Micro-managment Breeds Incompetence"

Being a Star Wars Miniatures Hall of Famer is a Responsibilty Not a Priveledge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:28 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Jedicartographer wrote:
I don't geet to play much at all anymore.

The one venue in town sucks, and the guy makes rules up when he's losing, and makes up stupid scenarios like 350 points mothing ove 10, or 100 points nothing over 50.

IT makes me not want to play. and everyone else at the store has the nose buried so far up the guys butt, that whenever I bring up starting a new game somewhere else they look at me like I just asked to reinstate the holocaust.

Ouch. That really stinks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:21 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Fool, I feel your pain.

The only two people I can play in real life right now are: my six year old daughter (which is great) and my teenaged nephew, who comes around to play maybe once every sixth month. I'm trying to get my wife to play, because she loves games, but she doesn't like to play me in strategy games (still trying to get her to play Axis and Allies against me too).

It can really suck, but Vassal does help.

She giveth, and she taketh away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:12 am 

I feel your pain too back in Wisconsin I had like 5 ppl to play with weekly I haven't even found one. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:24 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Similar situation here...I play with my brother-in-law every 6-7 months or so. I have the full collection though so it becomes a big ordeal to pick team with all these choices and pieces we've never played with in person.

I actually blame CT for lack of games; our heads are so far up our butts we have no time for fun :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:00 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

Jedi1972 wrote:
Fool, I feel your pain.

The only two people I can play in real life right now are: my six year old daughter (which is great) and my teenaged nephew, who comes around to play maybe once every sixth month. I'm trying to get my wife to play, because she loves games, but she doesn't like to play me in strategy games (still trying to get her to play Axis and Allies against me too).

It can really suck, but Vassal does help.

My mother will play board games (except RISK) with me, but that's it. Only time i get to play SWM is every other Friday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:34 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

My brother and I generally play every mini.

When a new set comes out we tend to play random construction games with just that set. Roll a die for faction. If the faction is small, you get Fringe too. Then the cards are shuffled and you randomly draw up to the point level we decide to play. Stuff that's been played isn't included in the decks after each game, so you tend to play pretty much the whole set in a format somewhat similar to sealed games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:48 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

You're going to get stuck playing with me soon NickName ;) In about four-five months, I'll be living in the North Bay... and will occasionally wander to the South Bay for gaming (I have friends in Fremont).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:23 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

punxnbutter wrote:
Similar situation here...I play with my brother-in-law every 6-7 months or so. I have the full collection though so it becomes a big ordeal to pick team with all these choices and pieces we've never played with in person.

I actually blame CT for lack of games; our heads are so far up our butts we have no time for fun :wink:

Not so.

We just had a SWM tournament yesterday at "The Grid" in Manchester CT. http://www.thegridgames.net Was awesome, only had four players, but everyone had a unique and varied Squad, so it made it very interesting.

We have an email list, so we know when we will all be able to play. It would be nice to play more regularly.