logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Author Message
Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:43 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:46 pm
Posts: 167
3 sets a year is perfect.

There isn't some huge lull in the middle where everyone gets sick of playing the same stuff.

Its easy enough to complete a set out of 2 cases and trading or 3 cases.

With huge sets I buy 3 cases, its pretty cheap and you can make back half of what you spent off of the stuff you won't ever play and the extra commons and uncommons

With regular sets its even better.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:19 am 
General
General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 401
Location: South Jersey
I think a better topic for this thread would be:
"Who left the WotC forums to come here so that they could avoid threads like this?"

DDM has been releasing 3 sets a years virtually since Harbinger came out in 2003. But they've only had 2 huge sets. Their product is priced the same as SWM. I would prefer it to be cheaper, too; but SWM is virtually the definition of "luxury item." If you can't afford a Porsche, don't whine about it; just be happy driving your Hyundai. However, I too, have bigger issues with the value of my product; i.e. rules, faction support, maps, etc.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:39 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:04 pm
Posts: 326
I've never been a completist collector so I don't find it too much of a financial burden, even with huge sets. I don't usually complete the new set, and I often sell a bunch of my older figures (the ones that have been largely outclassed, or that don't fit my play style) when a new set is released, so the dollar value of my personal collection never gets completely out of hand. And if I ever regret having sold off a piece, it's easy enough to buy it again.

Since A&E I've been buying just singles - no boosters or cases.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:54 am 
General
General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 401
Location: South Jersey
dnemiller wrote:
I think threads like this come around as people spend their money buying a new set and look how many are coming out... I dont really see it as a complaint but more of a stressed out panic attack as they love SWM and know it wont be long till they are shelling out more money for the next set........ But even if you can afford a Porshce you may not want one....


I disagree. It is complaining about something over which they have complete control. I know: I complain all the time ;) If they're complaining about how expensive gas is, or food is, or health care, that's one thing; but no one (to my knowledge) is holding a gun to their head and telling them that they have to buy little plastic men. I have big issues with over-developed senses of entitlement: "I want them, hence I am entitled to have them, whether I can afford them or not!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:18 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:46 pm
Posts: 167
Maybe so, but you'll never get away from threads like these.

The reason I'm here is that I can't stand all the kids on the other boards and those new Wizos, ugghh!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:23 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:10 pm
Posts: 6172
Location: Gurnee, IL
Lord_Nihl wrote:
Maybe so, but you'll never get away from threads like these.

The reason I'm here is that I can't stand all the kids on the other boards and those new Wizos, ugghh!


That doesnt mean you cant criticize them however. If you think its a stupid thread, you have every right to say so (within reason of course).

However, it would be smart for people to recognize that WotC does not read anything over here. So the "purpose" of making a complaint thread here to me is lacking. The best you can say for it is that it makes you feel better...

Well, I choose not to post threads to help my emotions. If you want to make a legitimate complaint - WotC is the place to do it. Doing it over here is in fact silly (word chosen because it offends people apparently).

_________________
Image

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:24 am 
General
General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 401
Location: South Jersey
I believe it was a kid that started this thread. I apologize if I'm incorrect; either way no insult is intended.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:37 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:15 pm
Posts: 690
"Well, I choose not to post threads to help my emotions. If you want to make a legitimate complaint - WotC is the place to do it. Doing it over here is in fact silly (word chosen because it offends people apparently)."
:lol:

_________________
Forgive the hero, thous who would have died


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:08 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 105
Menoth's Fire wrote:
I believe it was a kid that started this thread. I apologize if I'm incorrect; either way no insult is intended.
Teen please, :roll:

_________________
Look at Suggetions and Comments, and see how many ideas have died by my hands, and then how many have been born. Happy?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:56 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:22 pm
Posts: 195
Location: So Cal
Strwrs429 wrote:
Menoth's Fire wrote:
I believe it was a kid that started this thread. I apologize if I'm incorrect; either way no insult is intended.
Teen please, :roll:

And being a teen means that...?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:32 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 105
That I know more............................ Actually tough question.

_________________
Look at Suggetions and Comments, and see how many ideas have died by my hands, and then how many have been born. Happy?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:59 pm 
General
General

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:22 pm
Posts: 453
Menoth's Fire wrote:
If you can't afford a Porsche, don't whine about it; just be happy driving your Hyundai.


You dissin' my Hyundai? :p



I call it the Red Dwarf... it has a bumper sticker "Australia: Love It or Leave It". Nobody gets the irony of my driving that bumper sticker around Malaysia.



Back on topic: I made the mistake of walking into a games shop today, after talking to the shopkeeper for a bit I felt obliged to buy something, so another loose FU booster. I told myself I'd wait for my delivery to arrive, I have no self control. Junk Golem and PROXY. Ugh. At least the mini has the common courtesy to refer to itself as junk. It's not that I hate Huge sets, or that I can't afford it (Star Wars minis is the one luxury I do splurge that bit too much on), it's that I hate the feeling of paying so much for Huge booster and pulling crap.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:18 pm 
General
General

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:22 pm
Posts: 453
dnemiller wrote:

Wedge do you live in KL?

I lived there in 1986-87.... of course I was younger and spent a lot a time at a bar called Tahman I think.... oh yeah and the Pink Tablecloth restaurant


I was living there till last month, was there for a number of years. Now I'm in London.

Never heard of those places, they must be long gone now!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:28 pm 
General
General

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:22 pm
Posts: 453
dnemiller wrote:
they were down the road from the international school.... but yeah they would be old...... but any way what a small freakin world.....


Which international school, ISKL in Ampang? Not too familiar with that part of town, I was living in Petaling Jaya (other side of KL). If you haven't been back there for a while you'd be amazed at the development in west KL, it's changed so much even in the time I've been there. You really could be in any city in the developed world now.

Yeah, sometimes it is a small world... then I realise I'm a 13 hour flight away from the rest of my family and most of my friends, and a 21 hour flight away from my hometown which I haven't been to in years. So it's still a fairly big freakin' world :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:58 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Posts: 1543
Location: Central CT
Big 10 pride!!!! Do things come out quicker in the far east due to manufacturing proximity?

_________________
Bottoms up and spirits down


Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:03 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:42 pm
Posts: 928
I like how WOTC are making 3 sets this year, now there isn't a huge lull between sets. All I can afford is one case and to get a few singles figs per set. Though now that Christmas is coming up maybe I'll be able to get a few extra figs that I need.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:02 am 
General
General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 401
Location: South Jersey
Strwrs429 wrote:
That I know more............................

Or that you think you do. ;)

And no, I am not "dissin" the hyundai: it was chosen because it that which I drive.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:41 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:31 pm
Posts: 97
Location: OKC, OKlahoma
I admit it's not cheap. But, I like the pace at about every 4-5 months.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:41 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:21 pm
Posts: 321
Location: Lake Forest Park (The only cool Seattle suburb)
I think the Wizos are releasing the perfect amount of sets. 2-4 sets a year keeps the game interesting and new.

_________________
Aliit ori'shya taldin (mando'a for: family is more than blood)
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:26 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:33 pm
Posts: 173
Personally, I would like to see the following:


1- new set each year
1- huge set each year
1- Star Wars Starships set each year
1- reprinted set each year.

that works out to be 4 sets per year, with 2 new sets and 1 new starships set. That would be one set every 4 months.

The re-release would help with collectability.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Darth Ruthven and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights style by Scott Stubblefield