logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Author Message
Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:00 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:22 pm
Posts: 195
Location: So Cal
Roque Saber wrote:
I think Ozzel and the Empire for that matter deserves more credit than you are giving them. Who cares about the rebels awsome new beats. As long as they arnt using repulse/push/etc they wont be able to HIT stormies/heavy stormies/DT's/etc. I think the Empire got some big boosts with the FSO and Ozzel. However, that's only my opinion

Are you kidding me? Ozzel is a retread, the FSO is...different.
Besides, to take full advantage of all these Imperial defense boosters, you're going to need a map like Korriban...ugh. Even then, all this Rebel disruptive is going to kill the FSO.

Like dnemiller said, the Imperials came in a weak second. I'm an Imperial fan, too, and I don't want to sound like a whiner, but I suppose it's fair that the Imperials didn't get too much, and the Rebels got a -debatable- boost.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:14 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:45 pm
Posts: 3886
The more important thing is, to make use of all those CE's, you have to spend 100+ pts. I think there are some decent options for Stormies right now, but not the crazy stuff people are talking about.

_________________
Bloomilk Ambassador


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:28 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:22 pm
Posts: 195
Location: So Cal
Supposedly, though, the Raxus Prime Trooper outclasses the RS Stormtrooper.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:36 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Posts: 587
dnemiller wrote:
well i for one faced vader unleashed at mine and my opponent was charging up for the light saber throw.... i used motf with shaak ti and loda to get him based.... i then sliced him down to 10 hp before he could the throw off....


Yes, but you're a SWM God, so you don't count :P

In my tourney I got hit by Grip AND Throw (but then I had no real power in my pieces... my two boosters had an Ozzel (with very few imps behind him) and a Leia. I played the tourney based around my Tie Crawler and my Telosian Tank... and won because of my Camaasi Noble (he held a doorway for one turn, and saved my arse).

_________________
I game, therefore I am.
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:50 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Posts: 1543
Location: Central CT
Nice swappin; I can't believe you didn't have to wait till round 3 to squeeze off that many shots!!

_________________
Bottoms up and spirits down


Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:16 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Posts: 587
I can't complain... the three boosters I won as first place gave me Revan, Rancor, and Chewie :)

_________________
I game, therefore I am.
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:23 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:15 am
Posts: 710
Grambo wrote:
I can't complain... the three boosters I won as first place gave me Revan, Rancor, and Chewie :)


I got 4th and got me a Rancor. Not bad if you ask me :D

_________________
www.thejumpingflea.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:26 am 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:46 pm
Posts: 7960
Location: West Chester, OH (near Cincinnati)
Roque Saber wrote:
I think Ozzel and the Empire for that matter deserves more credit than you are giving them. Who cares about the rebels awsome new beats. As long as they arnt using repulse/push/etc they wont be able to HIT stormies/heavy stormies/DT's/etc. I think the Empire got some big boosts with the FSO and Ozzel. However, that's only my opinion


Sure, Ozzel and the new Stormie options are good, but the Stormies high defense is practically worthless against all of the new Rebel beat sticks. None of the new Rebel melee pieces will have that much trouble hitting a 22 defense, and the Stormies won't be getting that +8 cover bonus, because the opponents will be adjacent. On top of that, things like the Vanguard and Push/Repulse will just wreck stormie squads. The stormies might have crazy high defenses, but good luck getting the Stormies to hit a 27 Defense in cover Master Kota. Or good luck getting them to hit Luke & Yoda period. Plus, every time they shoot at Loda, there's a 50% chance they'll die because of the Reflect!

_________________
-Aaron
Mand'alor
"You either die a hero, or you live to see yourself become the villain."
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:34 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:45 pm
Posts: 3886
I love Kota's Repulse 5. If you get it off, it can be game changing. Kota was the reason I won so handidly in my final matchup. Repulse 5 devastated his swarm and he had issues hitting my 23 Def Kota and 22 Def Fett.

_________________
Bloomilk Ambassador


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:01 pm 
I finally joined this forum.

Reading this discussion I realize how important Astromech still is. The troop cart is another transporter with even more range. You can now bring in a fully charged Master Kota in the midst of your enemies and pull of a big repulse. Or you introduce the repeating blaster to your enemies from far away. The empire lacks transportation.

I feel sorry for the Apprentice Unleashed with his restricting 6 squares. The poor youngster needs an extra +3 def to be able to last during his long march to the right position as the enemies come flying or dragged by the tow-trash can.


Top
  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:31 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Posts: 587
I don't disagree with the rebels now being 1st... just feel the Empire didn't get totally shafted, as some seem to think. Yes, the super-troopers are beatable... yes, they aren't even "meta" (nor frankly do I think they ever were)... but they have some solid pieces still.

_________________
I game, therefore I am.
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:51 pm 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:46 pm
Posts: 7960
Location: West Chester, OH (near Cincinnati)
Oh absolutely. I never thought the Empire got shafted at all. They definitely got some neat new stuff. Even though the new Vader and Apprentice Unleashed may not be the absolute best, I think as time goes on, we'll find more and more ways to use them effectively. I've already discovered a couple myself.

And Eldacar, great point about comparing the Troop Cart to R2 Astromech. While it's a slightly different scenario, there are some really close similarities, especially since Melee beatsticks riding on the cart can still attack adjacent characters without having to disembark. With 50 HP and 18 Defense, the Cart won't die nearly as quick as R2 does in some situations.

_________________
-Aaron
Mand'alor
"You either die a hero, or you live to see yourself become the villain."
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:01 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:45 pm
Posts: 3886
Ozzel definately adds some new tricks. Him, Piett, and Evo Troopers could be interesting.

_________________
Bloomilk Ambassador


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:20 pm 
Another great thing with the troop cart is that it now only has to make a save of 6 if the thing gets blown up, compared to the 11 on the skiff. Luke of Yavin can ride safely and let a heavy trooper ride along for fun. Or Bossk BH for flaming away high-defense stormies.

There are a few splashcharacters that counter all the cart-riding, but if they get shot by the mass-shooters that travel so fast...


Top
  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:22 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:08 pm
Posts: 599
Location: LFP, WA
Fool wrote:
I really agree with everything you say and totally agree on the Troop cart - I really love the Troop Cart myself and can't wait until I can use it.


I've made a decent squad with it. It involves Luke, HPU and Obi-Wan, U on a Troop Cart. You say you don't like Push? Too bad. I'm pretty sure by turn 3 I can Push anything on the map.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:24 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:42 pm
Posts: 928
I don't see how the Stortrooper squads with ozzel aren't meta , san hill was meta before TFU came out, though the San squads had characters with more HP, but the Ozzel squads will out activate almost any squad and it will take mainly force powers, special abilities to do damage to the stormies. The stormies with thrawn will have high attack bonuses too, so IMO the Ozzel squads could be a meta.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:36 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:45 pm
Posts: 3886
It is much too early to tell. I am sure Ozzel squads will show up in some form. But imo, it looses something over San when you are spending somewhere between 30-50ish points on CEs.

_________________
Bloomilk Ambassador


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:40 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:56 pm
Posts: 921
Location: the ghettos of NJ
Haha. Right. I think Ozzel/Thrawn/fringe shooter squads are good at 200, but the imperials just suffer because they lack a good beat like Aurra, JH. Unless you count VA or a cheap, but inferior Vader. And none of those imperial options sounds as good as Aurra.


But to nerf those "super troopers", use disruptive. It just kills the whole idea. Then they have 20 defense at best.

_________________
The door in front shuts
Does another one open?
A trapdoor below...


http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:37 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:42 pm
Posts: 928
dnemiller wrote:
Well it seems to me that most of the Imperials new commander effects seem to be centered around use of mass stormtroopers which was fine prior to FU... but it seems most of the Rebels new powers are based on ways to get around it


True, but some of those force powers cost a lot of FP's to use. And if you keep thrawn close to the stormies then the best choices for rebels would be boba enforcer and the rebel vanguard.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:44 pm 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:08 pm
Posts: 8394
Sithborg wrote:
I love Kota's Repulse 5. If you get it off, it can be game changing. Kota was the reason I won so handidly in my final matchup. Repulse 5 devastated his swarm and he had issues hitting my 23 Def Kota and 22 Def Fett.


Kota is great with K-3P0. Run a character up 8-10 squares ahead of K-3P0 for a Charging Fire attack. Next phase, activate K-3P0 and swap Kota with the character than moved. Then, Repulse 5 at a range of 5 (not 6 so K-3P0 can't be hurt).

Good times.

_________________
Click here to check out all the people who have realized the truth. Someday you will, too.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights style by Scott Stubblefield