logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: Epics
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:59 am 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

Except that once Lah is dead, then the warmaster cant really hold his own against anyone else (ie Talon or Cad Bane would tear him up 1 on 1). When testing with Bane I was pairing him with awful pieces (ie Zayne Carrick, Maris Brood, Zuckuss BH, etc). Teh ability to get a 20 damage increase for your partner is what IMO lets Bane be the best of the Epics. If my scrub can hit as hard as your Epic for a round then it becomes pretty unbalanced fast.

And you can get in a djem so battle if you want as you can SR2 (and it lasts for the whole turn) so you crack back for 40 (assuming he makes the armor save and then if he makes his counterattack save hits you for 60 of which on average you will reduce by 20) so you actually trade HP with him. If you have the HP advantage this actually might be the correct play. In all reality I am not sure how Bane did so poorly as in our group's testing he didn't lose a single game (no matter who played him or who he was paired with)

As I said previously, as the designer for Lah, I do think he is very good but far from unbeatable. He is probably the 4th or 5th best of the Epics for the epic duo style tournament. If the opp squad has a good shooter (ie Cad, or any Boba, Han, Cade Skywalker, etc) it is an uphill battle the whole way. Vader and Cad Bane smoked Lah so many times it wasn't even funny. Now if the support is more melee heavy (like at Gencon) Lah's value does rise quite a bit. Not really sure why we didn't see many shooters at Gencon Epics but it is what it is. Lah was supposed to be a counter for the Mando and beat about half the Jedi which I think is exactly where he finished.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:54 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Yeah, I don't see why Vader can't slow Czulkang down long enough to make it a fairly even fight. Overwhelming Force does a lot against him, with no Counterstrike or VCA. Add in, Vader can actually use Dark Armor, and his Damage output gets slowed down enough that it can become a fight.

And depending on the map, being within 12 does not necessarily mean that a figure can move 12 to be adjacent. Use low objects and difficult terrain to your advantage.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:15 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Jason Alvey, Gray Whitsett, and I played a three-way battle with these figs and while Lah was tough, he was not unbeatable. Jason played Lah and I ran Mace. Gray used the Mara epic. It was not me and Gray against Jason, either. The damage was spread around pretty evenly, I felt.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg