SWMGAMERS.com Forums
http://swmgamers.com/forums/

Shadow Stormie promos
http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12643
Page 1 of 2

Author:  cremebrule [ Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Shadow Stormie promos

Now that GenCon's done what is the current deal with the SS promos?

Author:  Engineer [ Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Shadow Stormie promos

cremebrule wrote:
Now that GenCon's done what is the current deal with the SS promos?

I have them (shipping guy). Shoot me a PM.

Author:  Gurneywars [ Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Shadow Stormie promos

pm sent

Author:  cremebrule [ Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Shadow Stormie promos

Engineer wrote:
cremebrule wrote:
Now that GenCon's done what is the current deal with the SS promos?

I have them (shipping guy). Shoot me a PM.


pm sent as well. Please let me know they full details. Thanks.

Author:  Jedi Christian [ Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Shadow Stormie promos

Thanks.

Author:  cremebrule [ Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Shadow Stormie promos

Ummm...I receieved some promos, but I sent $25 for a big (Large flat rate) box. Is there any way to fix this (anyone)?

Author:  Dimetrodon [ Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Shadow Stormie promos

Since it's not Dean sending out this might be helpful. When I got my Large box a great long while ago it had about 80 figures stuffed into it. I actually didn't expect to get so many. But that might help as a reference of what was getting sent out at the time.

Author:  Grand Moff Boris [ Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Shadow Stormie promos

cremebrule wrote:
Ummm...I receieved some promos, but I sent $25 for a big (Large flat rate) box. Is there any way to fix this (anyone)?


You mean you sent Dean $25. Why is it the responsibility of "anyone" to "fix this?"

Author:  Engineer [ Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Shadow Stormie promos

All taken care off. Please move along. These are not the discussions to have here.

With that said, if you are interested in Shadow stormtrooper promo's... send me a PM. PM means private message not public post.

Author:  Grand Moff Boris [ Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Shadow Stormie promos

This is EXACTLY the place to be having these sorts of discussions, and we covered this already. WE are NOT Dean. I'm tired of being asked to meet an alleged obligation that someone made with Dean without being offered any form of compensation in exchange.

I wouldn't contact the best friends of an ebay seller after the seller failed to ship me something and demand they "fix it."

Author:  urbanjedi [ Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Shadow Stormie promos

because at the time Dean was head of the swmgpa and it is unclear whether the deal was with dean or with the swmgpa. IF with the swmgpa we have every reason as the new leaders of the swmgpa to take care of any and all obligations the swmgpa has entered into that we can. For example when Walmart gets a new CEO they don't cancel all those walmart giftcards and walmart coupons they have given out do they? No, they honor them to the best of their ability. Since the shadow stormtroopers are now in the swmgpa possession why wouldn't we try and honor any of the purchases that were made to the best of our ability?

Author:  Grand Moff Boris [ Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Shadow Stormie promos

I think my ebay analogy is a better fit for this situation, honestly.

You send me money for items but I never send them. Instead I give all my stuff that I accepted payment for to a friend and keep the money. Then, my friend and his buddies began accepting payments for similar items and you contact them but not me. Is it right to expect them to pay out of the money they collected in the sale of other unrelated items to send out what you paid me for?

Also, it's not "unclear." It was made clear from day one that this so-called swmgpa of yours had ZERO involvement in the distribution of promo figures or cards. All the swmgpa did before it collectively took over the entire operation of distribution was design and playtest stat cards. That's it.

Author:  sashlon [ Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Shadow Stormie promos

Thing is, if I had known or suspected that my hypothetical ebay seller friend was not following through on his commitments, and had not spoken up about it, or warned his customers, then in my opinion, I have some responsibility in the situation.

Also, either you're responsible, or you're not. You can't pick and choose what you're going to take responsibility for. If you say "we have assumed responsibility for doing this thing for the community" then TAKE responsibility. It's like the idea of government. A successor government is still responsible for the diplomatic and economic commitments made by those who preceeded them. Otherwise that country loses all credibility with the world.

I'm not interested in having a protracted argument about this, but I am a little dissapointed in the attitude that says "Not my problem" when actually you either as an individual or a group have "taken responsibility". In fact I'm pretty disillusioned by it to be honest.

Peace.

Author:  Grand Moff Boris [ Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Shadow Stormie promos

Whoa whoa whoa.... the ONLY thing that was ever agreed to as a group to "take control of" was the distribution of V-sets and any other gimmick stuff we may dream up and can afford to fund along the way. Shadow Stormtroopers fall WAY outside that pervue (which is a word I apparently cannot spell), as those were NEVER the "property" of the so-called swmgpa. We may have acquired them as a result of some recent changes (I don't know the full story).

It's definitely a tough situation all-around but I am more than a little tired of being berated by people who gave Dean money and expect me to help "fix" their problem as though it were partly my own.

Also....

Quote:
Thing is, if I had known or suspected that my hypothetical ebay seller friend was not following through on his commitments, and had not spoken up about it, or warned his customers, then in my opinion, I have some responsibility in the situation.


How the hell would I or anyone else know anything like that? No one except Dean knew who was buying stuff from him nor did anyone know whether he was sending out what he was accepting payments for.

You kind of lose me on the government analogy though. When a different administration takes over, they are under zero obligation to honor any previous agreements. That's true even in the U.S., when the President changes from Republican to Democrat or vice-versa.

Author:  sashlon [ Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Shadow Stormie promos

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
You kind of lose me on the government analogy though. When a different administration takes over, they are under zero obligation to honor any previous agreements. That's true even in the U.S., when the President changes from Republican to Democrat or vice-versa.


Actually, they are (treaties, loans, alliances, etc) but I'm not going to argue with you.

Ultimately my say doesn't matter very much, but I stand by what I posted in every way.

Author:  Grand Moff Boris [ Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Shadow Stormie promos

sashlon wrote:
Grand Moff Boris wrote:
You kind of lose me on the government analogy though. When a different administration takes over, they are under zero obligation to honor any previous agreements. That's true even in the U.S., when the President changes from Republican to Democrat or vice-versa.


Actually, they are (treaties, loans, alliances, etc) but I'm not going to argue with you.

Ultimately my say doesn't matter very much, but I stand by what I posted in every way.


New presidents come in all the time and decide whether they intend to honor previous arrangements. Learn about your government. :)

Author:  billiv15 [ Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Shadow Stormie promos

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
sashlon wrote:
Grand Moff Boris wrote:
You kind of lose me on the government analogy though. When a different administration takes over, they are under zero obligation to honor any previous agreements. That's true even in the U.S., when the President changes from Republican to Democrat or vice-versa.


Actually, they are (treaties, loans, alliances, etc) but I'm not going to argue with you.

Ultimately my say doesn't matter very much, but I stand by what I posted in every way.


New presidents come in all the time and decide whether they intend to honor previous arrangements. Learn about your government. :)


Learn who you are talking to. Sashlon isn't from the US *facepalm :)

Author:  The_Celestial_Warrior [ Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Shadow Stormie promos

billiv15 wrote:
Learn who you are talking to. Sashlon isn't from the US *facepalm :)



Added to my status on facebook just so I could "like" this statement. :D

Author:  sashlon [ Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Shadow Stormie promos

billiv15 wrote:
Grand Moff Boris wrote:
sashlon wrote:
Grand Moff Boris wrote:
You kind of lose me on the government analogy though. When a different administration takes over, they are under zero obligation to honor any previous agreements. That's true even in the U.S., when the President changes from Republican to Democrat or vice-versa.


Actually, they are (treaties, loans, alliances, etc) but I'm not going to argue with you.

Ultimately my say doesn't matter very much, but I stand by what I posted in every way.


New presidents come in all the time and decide whether they intend to honor previous arrangements. Learn about your government. :)


Learn who you are talking to. Sashlon isn't from the US *facepalm :)


lol Yeah

Also, if tomorrow China invades Australia, and our government asked to US to assist us as per our ANZUS treaty with you, I'm fairly sure Obama isn't going to get away with not honouring out treaty because "some other president signed it"

But maybe you have a different understanding of stuff like International Law than me ;)

Author:  billiv15 [ Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Shadow Stormie promos

Mod hat on.

Let's leave the discussion about what should or should not be obligated out of the thread from now on. The purpose of this thread is to ask questions about obtaining some promos. Let's leave it at that.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/