logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:32 am 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

he is an alternative to boba BH because boba BH is making people leave more then B&B and SS combined. atleast from my lgs and friends. so this boba is a much more welcome mini. he is very powerful and requires skill, unlike his counterpart BH who is the NOOB piece of the century. go wotc! woot-woot. i see they cant ban pieces because once one is banned, then it will create a chain reaction, so they make alternatives and counters. good for them, and lets hope people get some common sence to stop using boba BH.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:10 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

why should people stop using him exactly? Because he's good? that won't happen.

The only reason I like this boba over the other one is that I can potentially do 60 dmg in an activation and you need that much an activation now a days in order to feel in control of the game.

He'll either pick off an R2 or put some dmg on a big fig. Either way its a good deal.

That dmg won't be wasted now that he does't have Twin, I hate twin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:11 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Wedge772 wrote:
fingersandteeth wrote:
Things this boba can do that the other can't

avoid a double/triple attack at the start of a round

I'd say this is pretty huge, especially if Revan sees play. Intuition is probably my favourite ability in the game, Intuition + Flight is just amazing.

Boba Merc + Thrawn could be pretty deadly, assuming you're not facing a MTB: Intuition out Boba, double Cunning something, then Thrawn swaps in a weenie. Make it a Stealth weenie for added fun. I see possibilities with this.

I agree with the Thrawn bit - especially since Thrawn is no longer 95% guaranteed to win initiative - you can now set up for the double cunning without putting Boba at such a great risk. If you win, Boba intuits out and takes his shots, then swaps back to safety. If you lose, he can intuit back to safety.

Well, now I'm convinced that this will be a fun and competitive piece. Time to start looking for one...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:28 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

Lord_Nihl wrote:
why should people stop using him exactly? Because he's good? that won't happen.

The only reason I like this boba over the other one is that I can potentially do 60 dmg in an activation and you need that much an activation now a days in order to feel in control of the game.

He'll either pick off an R2 or put some dmg on a big fig. Either way its a good deal.

That dmg won't be wasted now that he does't have Twin, I hate twin.

That's one of the things I think some people forget. Sure twin does allow them to move and still shoot twice in one turn, but when both shots have to be at the same target there's going to be a lot of wasted damage potential when one shot is enough for a kill. Boba Merc has the potential to lay 60 damage on a big piece or take out 2 scrubs/support pieces in an activation.