logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Target finally lowering prices
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:10 pm
Posts: 2004
Location: Minnesota
Well after months of waiting since boosters went to $7.99 where I am in Minnesota I finally found them all at $3.99! The huges are that price as well!! Get them while they last. Oh and don't bother looking at the Otsego one as I bought them all!

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Target finally lowering prices
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:32 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:06 pm
Posts: 572
Location: Lexington Park, MD
Wish I could find some TFU, Universe, or KOTOR around here. Just IE left at my Target. *sigh*


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Target finally lowering prices
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:42 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:31 pm
Posts: 3575
Location: Cincinnati, OH
It happened a week or two ago, there's been a lot of discussion on BlooMilk about it. From what we've been told, Target is just ordering a general shipment of "SWM" and they're being sent anything. So it's not like they're ordering specific IE and JA as before, it's just whatever they can find.

I picked up 4 IE, 1 JA, and 1 TFU. Let's just say that the best deal from that trip to Target was the Nutella on sale, lol.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Target finally lowering prices
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:21 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:35 pm
Posts: 75
Location: Harrogate, Tenn or Algonquin, IL
I bought 6 boosters at the 3.99 price and got 2 mouse driods and 2 gen rieekans. so i was pretty happy. Also if any one want the extra rieekan

_________________
Greedo died to warn us.....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Target finally lowering prices
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:35 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:10 pm
Posts: 2004
Location: Minnesota
jedispyder wrote:
It happened a week or two ago, there's been a lot of discussion on BlooMilk about it. .


Yeah, I have been following that thread since it started. I have about 6 Targets in a 20 mile radius of me and they never went on sale when the others said they were finding theirs, so I was happy to actually see something for myself lol. I got 2 TFU, 2 JA, 12 IE. Haven't decided if I am going to open them or not yet. I have a couple of friends just starting the game who love OT, so I'll probably let me have the IE for the Empire type stuff they could get and to bolster their collection. One guy wants a Revan something fierce so I'll prolly search the other Targets for more TFU boosters. Mostly I love it cause it gives me something to shop for. ;)

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Target finally lowering prices
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:08 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:57 am
Posts: 1450
Location: Morris, MN
Boba52 wrote:
jedispyder wrote:
It happened a week or two ago, there's been a lot of discussion on BlooMilk about it. .


Yeah, I have been following that thread since it started. I have about 6 Targets in a 20 mile radius of me and they never went on sale when the others said they were finding theirs, so I was happy to actually see something for myself lol. I got 2 TFU, 2 JA, 12 IE. Haven't decided if I am going to open them or not yet. I have a couple of friends just starting the game who love OT, so I'll probably let me have the IE for the Empire type stuff they could get and to bolster their collection. One guy wants a Revan something fierce so I'll prolly search the other Targets for more TFU boosters. Mostly I love it cause it gives me something to shop for. ;)


You didn't happen to go to the Target in Alexandria,MN did you? That Target store is the only one within my range as it is only 30 minutes away, and it also gives me an excuse to shop for food and otehr stuff at Walmart. :) I'm planning on going there and buying all the GaW boosters, and maybe the other boosters they got. How long is this sale supposed to last?

_________________
Image

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Target finally lowering prices
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:12 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:43 pm
Posts: 1009
Location: Southern Illinois
obikenobi1 wrote:
How long is this sale supposed to last?


Probably until they lower prices again.

_________________
WotC: 890/890
V-Set: 142/142

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Target finally lowering prices
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:57 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:10 pm
Posts: 2004
Location: Minnesota
obikenobi1 wrote:

You didn't happen to go to the Target in Alexandria,MN did you? That Target store is the only one within my range as it is only 30 minutes away, and it also gives me an excuse to shop for food and otehr stuff at Walmart. :) I'm planning on going there and buying all the GaW boosters, and maybe the other boosters they got. How long is this sale supposed to last?


Nope. Not Alexandria. I have been to 7 so far. I have a buddy who wants a Revan real bad, so I am hoping to find more TFU. 3 of them had no minis at all. Only one of them had TFU. The other had 1 or 2 JA, 1 or 2 GAW and double digit IE. Next I am going to some of the more obsure location stores. All in the NW burbs of the cities. This is a clearance not a sale, so when they are gone there gone. I would expect the only way they would be restocked is if the vendor still has some he didn't put on shelfs if they were too full, but I haven't seen any stores where that would be the case. Good luck.

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Target finally lowering prices
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:04 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:57 am
Posts: 1450
Location: Morris, MN
Boba52 wrote:
obikenobi1 wrote:

You didn't happen to go to the Target in Alexandria,MN did you? That Target store is the only one within my range as it is only 30 minutes away, and it also gives me an excuse to shop for food and otehr stuff at Walmart. :) I'm planning on going there and buying all the GaW boosters, and maybe the other boosters they got. How long is this sale supposed to last?


Nope. Not Alexandria. I have been to 7 so far. I have a buddy who wants a Revan real bad, so I am hoping to find more TFU. 3 of them had no minis at all. Only one of them had TFU. The other had 1 or 2 JA, 1 or 2 GAW and double digit IE. Next I am going to some of the more obsure location stores. All in the NW burbs of the cities. This is a clearance not a sale, so when they are gone there gone. I would expect the only way they would be restocked is if the vendor still has some he didn't put on shelfs if they were too full, but I haven't seen any stores where that would be the case. Good luck.


Thanks! *fingers crossed* I hope I find some GaW boosters with General Skywalker, Yularen and Cad Bane. They are in my top wants list right now. hope your Target hunting in the burbs goes well. Obscure locations often bring big suprises. I'm just hoping Alexandria is obscure enough that the shelves are packed with GaW boosters. :D

_________________
Image

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Target finally lowering prices
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:19 pm 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 6662
Location: Chicago, IL
I bought 8 IE between 2 Targets (all they had).

1 mousie
1 Reeikan
1 Luke Commando
1 Vader

Decent. Not overwhelming. Wish they had other boosters instead of just IE


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Target finally lowering prices
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:53 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:57 am
Posts: 1450
Location: Morris, MN
No such luck in Alexandria,MN. :cry:

The store is to small to carry Star Wars miniatures, or so they told me.

_________________
Image

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Target finally lowering prices
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:04 pm 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 6662
Location: Chicago, IL
I have also found that the stores in my area do not have them in their computer inventory. I asked them to look it up on their computer to see if they had any, and both stores said they did not, yet they had boxes on the shelves. Also finding them in the store is tough. It's like a treasure hunt. Sometimes in toys, sometimes in games, sometimes up front by the baseball cards (also by magic and yu-gi-oh).

Calling and seeing if they have it is a useless endevor. Just trying to get an average person to understand what the heck they are is hard enough. Wait, are they toys, models, or a game? Sigh


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Target finally lowering prices
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:23 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:31 pm
Posts: 3575
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Disturbed1 wrote:
obikenobi1 wrote:
How long is this sale supposed to last?


Probably until they lower prices again.

I think this is the end, as in the price will stay this way until there are no more boosters left to sell.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Target finally lowering prices
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:40 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:57 am
Posts: 1450
Location: Morris, MN
TimmerB123 wrote:
I have also found that the stores in my area do not have them in their computer inventory. I asked them to look it up on their computer to see if they had any, and both stores said they did not, yet they had boxes on the shelves. Also finding them in the store is tough. It's like a treasure hunt. Sometimes in toys, sometimes in games, sometimes up front by the baseball cards (also by magic and yu-gi-oh).

Calling and seeing if they have it is a useless endevor. Just trying to get an average person to understand what the heck they are is hard enough. Wait, are they toys, models, or a game? Sigh


:lol:

This is exactly what happend to me. I searched all over the store (feeling pretty embarassed walking past the toys sections, but a determined gamer knows no bounds! :) ) and I couldn't find any boosters at all. The employee's were no help at all. When the manager called in to other people to see if they had them in storage, she kept refering to them as Toys, even though I said it is a game 2 times in a row. :roll:

They said that Star Wars Miniatures isn't specific enough of a title for the game. :shock: :?: Ummmm.....last time I checked that is what the game is called. I even said it was made by WotC, but they were clueless as to how to find them. So after doing a second round of thouroughly searching the entire store, after wasting a good half an hour trying to explain my problem with the Target staff, I left the store after a pointless 1 1/2 hour search for star wars mini's boosters. *sigh* it was a long drive home that night......

_________________
Image

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Target finally lowering prices
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:10 pm
Posts: 2004
Location: Minnesota
Yeah, the Target employees don't know because it is not a Target item. Target has a independent vendor that does all the card areas. Those vendors come into the store and stock just those couple of shelves and price those items. The Target employees don't and hence they know squat about it.

Also, I found 2 more TFU boosters closer to the cities!

Obi, if you want me to buy up any GAW I find let me know. I can get you the boosters when I send you the Vset stuff.

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Target finally lowering prices
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:21 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:37 pm
Posts: 249
I just cleaned out the 7 my local target had left for 3.99 apiece.

I was underwhelmed by my rares, though
- Arica (who I already had)
- Arica (again)
- Lobot (who I already had)
- Kyp (who I already had)
- Logray (who I already had)
- Jerjerrod (Finally a new one!)
- Jerjerrod again (sigh)

On the up side, 2 mouse droids!
My sister got a lot out of it, though (I always give my duplicate rares to her)

_________________
Transmitted and Deciphered from Unit: AMS-51 "Dendrite"
Connection lost...searching...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Target finally lowering prices
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:52 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 5
Also check the store 5Below. Not sure if they have them in MN, but there are a few here in NE Ohio, and they carry JA, IE, and GaW for $3.99.
.
.
.
.

Ok so I checked their site. Closes they have to MN is Rockford IL. Sorry.

http://www.fivebelow.com/index.cfm?fuse ... &x=23&y=15


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Target finally lowering prices
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:53 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:10 pm
Posts: 2004
Location: Minnesota
Aw, thanks for the 5below info.

Here is my totals since I found out about the $3.99 deal-

IE 26 packs
JA 8 packs
TFU 4 packs
GAW 1 pack
LOTF 1 pack (still $6.99 for some reason)

5 Targets around me zero miniatures. I still plan to hit more, but the other Targets from now on are at least a 30 minute drive to, so more of a commitment than a drive by. It's good to be in the land of Target!

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Target finally lowering prices
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:25 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 5
I've gotten a mixed variety of boosters from target, about 18 in total at $3.99. As previously noted by others, the LotF booster was still $6.99.

I might try to find the trade thread, as I typically lurk on Bloomilk, and offer up some of the goodies I don't collect. Last night's pull was:

JA- Yoda
IE - R2
GaW - Flobi and Rex

Send me a PM if you are interested we can work something out. I collect OR, NR, Sep, Mando, Sith and Vong. (and fringe of course)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Target finally lowering prices
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:55 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 8:17 pm
Posts: 186
I hit up several stores in suburban Atlanta and found zero boosters. They either sold out or hid them really well.

_________________
Image
GMB from ATL


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights style by Scott Stubblefield