logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: AT-AT 2.0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:52 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I have been working on this for about a year. This is, obviously, not a new figure or stat card, but is meant to supplant the original in order to bring it in line with the modern game. Thoughts?

All Terrain Armored Vehicle 200 pts.
300 Hit Points
13 Defense
+0 Attack
0 Damage

Special Abilities
Speed 2
Colossal (This character never has cover from low objects or non-colossal characters. It ignores cover and may attack any enemy, regardless of distance.)
Damage Reduction 40 (When this character takes damage, prevent up to 40 damage. Attacks made by adjacent characters with lightsabers ignore this ability.)
Stagger (This character may activate up to 6 times.)
Double Blaster 20 (Replaces attacks, sight, useable only once per round: Make 2 attacks against any enemies this character can see, ignoring cover, at +8 Attack and 20 Damage.)
Double Heavy Assault Cannon (Replaces attacks, useable only once per round: Make 2 attacks against any enemies this character can see, ignoring cover, at +12 Attack and 40 Damage.)
Maximum Firepower (At the start of the round, this character may make 1 Attack at +16 Attack and 100 Damage. It may not activate during the round. If the attack misses, the target and each character within 6 squares of the target takes 50 damage, save 11.)
Overwhelming Power (Damage from this character's attacks and special abilities can't be prevented or redirected.)
Splash 20 (When this character scores a hit, each enemy adjacent to the target takes 20 Damage, save 11. When this character misses an attack, the target and each enemy adjacent to that character takes 20 Damage, save 11.)
Transport (This character may carry up to 16 large or smaller characters. Those characters may not attack or be attacked. For the purposes of commander effects, count range from this character. When this character is defeated, all transported characters are defeated, save 16.)
Weak Spot 10 (Adjacent enemies without lightsabers gain +30 Damage when attacking this character.)

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject: Re: AT-AT 2.0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:27 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

The removal of Relentless is interesting. Would that be why Stomp is gone as well?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:35 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

Quote:
Weak Spot 10 (Adjacent enemies without lightsabers gain +30 Damage when attacking this character.)

Is this a typo?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:53 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

The already established Weak Spots 10 is "This character's Damage Reduction is reduced to 10 against attacks from adjacent enemies". Obviously I'm going to say "if you want the definition listed in your post please create a new ability".

It looks interesting, I kinda miss Stomp cause that was the main thing that was fun about using the AT-AT was trying to Stomp your opponent ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:58 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
The best was Stomping Wedge or Luke and watching them fail all those saves. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:23 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

If the thing can move backwards now, I'm definitely rigging mine up with a reverse-gear warning beeper thingy. :P

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:07 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I forgot about Stomp. It wasn't my intention to remove any ability (except Relentless, that ability to me is kind of dumb), just to update it to fit the current wording of existing abilities and/or to make the AT-AT stronger.

I'll add Stomp. I think Weak Spot 10 the way I worded it is less clunky and does basically the same thing.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:25 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

R5Don4 wrote:
The best was Stomping Wedge or Luke and watching them fail all those saves. :lol:

Played a game once where the piece I was controlling was Luke JM and I got stomped, even with the reroll...epic fail.

As for the piece as a whole, I dont think anything is too ridiculous, so the stats are fine. Im also fine with you not having relentless on there, as that, I think was one of the piece's major faults to begin with. However, relentless did simplify the movement. You MUST move forward. Every turn. No moving sideways, which by leaving off Relentless, you have no allowed the ATAT to do. If it was on a square base, I wouldnt have a problem with that. Since it isnt, it needs something to keep someone from deciding to move directly left and right, to prevent it from swinging its big backside around and filling a dozen or more previously unfilled spots all at once.

If moving sideways just moves the whole ATAT sideways, and it still must be 'facing frontways' or whatever, thats fine, but I think it needs to be noted somehow.

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:25 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I'll work on it.

Regarding Luke, I failed a Bane stomp save once, including BOTH Force point rerolls. Ironically, I was trying to demonstrate why the AT-AT had no value outside of mass battle play. :P

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If your version of weak spot 10 gives someone +30 damage then why not just call it weak spot 30?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:42 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Did you have a topic about this about a year ago? I thought I remembered someone doing an At-At 2.0 but was not able to locate anything.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:49 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

We just made a couple of minor tweaks;

AT-AT Driver (from FU) gains the ability AT-AT Driver - if within 6 squares of the AT-AT the AT-AT may spend a move action to move 1 square backwards or sideways.

AT-AT gains Massive (like the DDM Colossal Red Dragon) - ignores walls when moving, can end it's move in a wall.

DR20 save 11, on a failed save it only has DR10.

Save vs. STOMP is made BEFORE entering the square of a character with the EMPLACEMENT Special Ability.

:ATAT: Although to be fair I can't be bothered with carrying my AT-AT to & fro every week, hence it never gets used.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:04 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
I think Weak Spot 10 the way I worded it is less clunky and does basically the same thing.

Quite different. Your way modifles the Damage stat for attacks making Grenades 20, Lightning, Missiles and so on useless while reducing the amount of DR allows those non-attack abilities to take advantage of the Weak Spot.

(I think you're missing Mounted Weapon or some other way to make it non-living as well.)